• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OctaFX.com

General discussions of a financial company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
It's funny.
I based going with Octa FX on this site and what I read here as well.

No broker should ever underestimate the impact of a site like FPA.

My dad used to say " it will take you 20 years to make a name and 20 seconds to break it ".

I have given them a 3 star revue as my trading experience was generally positive however I can not recommend them as the only online money management system they offer is skrill.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE

I spend two days trying to fund my skrill account and never got there.
Then it occurred to me,

If I am having this much fun trying to put my money INTO skrill, whats it going to be like trying to get my money out.

I live by the simple belief that when your gut says get away from something, LISTEN.

Sorry OctaFX, I would have been happy to try trading with you but Skrill made a mess of it to the point you lost a client.

If you decide to go with another company to handle the transactions, please let me know.
My problem was not with you at this point, its with the system you chose.

Octafx's signal provider MQL5 is giving me hell of an experience. Its not working and no support given after paying the subscription. It is still not working now. Asked for help for Octafx's support but they are just passing the buck. Asked help from MQL5 and they are not responding despite heaps of emails. Found out here that MQL5 is not really a good company and not providing refunds and Octafx is upselling it through my inbox.

I hope Octafx would filter the signal providers that it upsells on its terminal's inbox and have ownership of the problem. I just got scammed and although it was not Octafx who scammed me, they are used as intermediary.

Not a good customer experience for first time user of this site.

My support at AVAtrade and FXCM with my old account is better because at least, there do not promote scammers there.

I have given them a 3 star revue as my trading experience was generally positive however I can not recommend them as the only online money management system they offer is skrill.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE

I spend two days trying to fund my skrill account and never got there.
Then it occurred to me,

If I am having this much fun trying to put my money INTO skrill, whats it going to be like trying to get my money out.

I live by the simple belief that when your gut says get away from something, LISTEN.

Sorry OctaFX, I would have been happy to try trading with you but Skrill made a mess of it to the point you lost a client.

Dear snapped2002,

We are sorry to hear you had issues with Skrill. However, Skrill is not the only deposit/withdrawal option. For deposit, there are also Neteller or Visa/Mastercard options. For withdrawal, you may use Neteller.

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

Thank you.
Skrill seems to have gotten their act together to some degree so I am reconsidering however I would like to know if I decide at a future time to stop doing business with Skrill and want to use Neteller for all my withdrawals etc.
can that be done?

ex:
I used skrill and fund my OctaFX account for $500.
I decide I want to use neteller to withdraw from now on, no more Skrill.
Would that pose an issue?

Thank you.
Skrill seems to have gotten their act together to some degree so I am reconsidering however I would like to know if I decide at a future time to stop doing business with Skrill and want to use Neteller for all my withdrawals etc.
can that be done?

ex:
I used skrill and fund my OctaFX account for $500.
I decide I want to use neteller to withdraw from now on, no more Skrill.
Would that pose an issue?

Dear snapped2002,

Withdrawals are made only through the payment systems from which they were initially deposited. So, if you make a deposit using Skrill, you can withdraw your funds only via Skrill.

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

Octafx's signal provider MQL5 is giving me hell of an experience. Its not working and no support given after paying the subscription. It is still not working now. Asked for help for Octafx's support but they are just passing the buck. Asked help from MQL5 and they are not responding despite heaps of emails. Found out here that MQL5 is not really a good company and not providing refunds and Octafx is upselling it through my inbox.

I hope Octafx would filter the signal providers that it upsells on its terminal's inbox and have ownership of the problem. I just got scammed and although it was not Octafx who scammed me, they are used as intermediary.

Not a good customer experience for first time user of this site.

My support at AVAtrade and FXCM with my old account is better because at least, there do not promote scammers there.

Dear Mr. Henares,

As far as we can see, your orders were initiated by the signal you were using. If you have any print screens of your orders, please, feel free to share them here.
However, as we've already underlined, the signal you purchased from MQL5 system is not a part of OctaFX and its services. MQL5 system is a part of MetaQuotes, a MetaTrader 4 developer and has no connection to OctaFX. All we do is provide you with an opportunity to trade on MT4 platform. Also, your Signal Provider doesn't trade with OctaFX, so the open/close prices may vary (different brokers may have different liquidity providers). Unfortunately, this situation is beyond our power, so please contact your Signal Provider for further clarification.

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

OCTAFX CHAMPION DEMO CONTEST ROUND 58: THREE MAIN SUCCESS FACTORS
pGvb5rC.png
We are ready to announce the happy winners of OctaFX Champion demo contest Round 58! The prize fund of 1000 USD was shared by four traders, and this time they were:

• 1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Mr. Karsono Muslamat from Indonesia
  • 2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Mr. Said Yacouti from Morocco
  • 3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Mr. Muhlish Tri Hidayat from Indonesia
  • The last runner in the contest, Mr. Eka Birawan from Indonesia is granted 100 USD

Do you want to learn the main success factors in trading? Here is what our winners told us:

1ST PLACE: MR. KARSONO MUSLAMAT FROM INDONESIA

I am very happy and proud that I have won this contest, this victory is like an award for me.

This contest didn’t really consume all of my daily time, I traded only at certain hours that I considered crucial for trading. I am always open to the opportunities to participate in a real contest, and with this victory it might be a turning point for me to become a successful trader in this field. The key to my success is my discipline and my faith in the trading techniques I use. My strategy is to avoid hasty decisions and to wait for the right time to open a position. The loss I experienced was trivial and I didn’t have any significant profits, but every time I opened a position, I always gained some small profits that helped me to eventually win. I am a self-taught trader, I didn’t get a special education and it took me long enough to learn. After a few failures that I experienced these 2 years, I can humbly say that I am a good trader.

2ND PLACE: MR. SAID YACOUTI FROM MOROCCO

Wow, I feel so good to get at least the second place! I’d been watching the competition closely for a month and then I thought it was a good moment to try it too. And yes, I want to participate in the upcoming rounds as well. I guess the key factor to my success was a close intermediate term analysis during the whole contest. My strategy is described by a simple phrase: buy at low prices and sell at high prices. Isn’t it really simple and perfect? I also got a valuable lesson from this contest: I suffered more losses when I was using a long-time strategy. I’m not sure how long it takes to become a good trader, because I’m still learning. But I think we can become good traders if we control ourselves and try to be as patient as we can.

3RD PLACE: MR. MUHLISH TRI HIDAYAT FROM INDONESIA

Thank God! I’m very happy, I was not expecting it after nearly three years of participating in the demo contest, but I finally became one of the winners! In terms of trading time, I only traded between 5 and 7 am local time. After that I turned off my phone to start my daily routines. Sometimes I also traded in the evening after I came home from work. God’s will, I will participate in the contest again. In my opinion, there are three success factors in trading: 1. mastering the techniques; 2. controlling the emotions; 3. patience. I only used one technique during the contest and I’ve been using it for about 10 months. I use Fibonacci to be exact. I've been trading Forex for 3 years and so far my capital return is around 30%. So far, I’m not the best yet, but I’m trying to be the best.

Join the winners in OctaFX Champion demo contest Round 60! Just open a new account and start trading!

Become one of OctaFX Champions!
WpgLxF7.png

Dear Mr. Henares,

As far as we can see, your orders were initiated by the signal you were using. If you have any print screens of your orders, please, feel free to share them here.
However, as we've already underlined, the signal you purchased from MQL5 system is not a part of OctaFX and its services. MQL5 system is a part of MetaQuotes, a MetaTrader 4 developer and has no connection to OctaFX. All we do is provide you with an opportunity to trade on MT4 platform. Also, your Signal Provider doesn't trade with OctaFX, so the open/close prices may vary (different brokers may have different liquidity providers). Unfortunately, this situation is beyond our power, so please contact your Signal Provider for further clarification.

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

Attached are the screenshots.

1. Signal provider position file - you can see that the signal provider opened only 1 position on January 13, 2017.
2. Daily confirmation report - the positions made by MT4 which has reached over 30 positions.

I did not touch open these positions. I am in the process of observing how the signal provider makes positions so I just let the computer open. So you see, my MT4 opened positions that I did not make. Its even physically impossible to do that considering these positions were made split seconds in between.

That was the reply given to me by your rep which leaves me holding the bag and irritating because it leaves me nowhere to go on cases like this. Good thing the amount is conservative so it did not hurt that much. But what if the amount is big with the same case and me getting the same response from you?

I appreciate your effort to reply and explain things to me. But try to put yourself in the shoes of your customer as well and not just pass the buck to somebody else. In the first place, I downloaded the system that I use for trading from you. Now that it have issues, you are passing the blame to somebody else. You did it twice. I let it pass the first time.

Attachments

• Signal provider position.jpg
    Signal provider position.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Daily confirmation report - January 13.jpg
    Daily confirmation report - January 13.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 1
Back