Spreads confusion

cyberpinoy

Recruit
Ok I was looking closely at a spread on the EUR/AUD that was pretty big today and noticed something weird. On the chart the spread lines read
Buy - 1.48715
Sell - 1.48652

But when you clicked the new order to open the trade those values were different it says,
Buy - 1.48698
Sell - 1.48670

So my question is which spread is the one we go by? the one on the chart with the lines to use a reference or the ones on the new order window where se execute the trade from? I have a picture for proof to look at. Also in addition I watched this market for over 5 minutes and the spread never got smaller, it got bigger a few times but on the chart the spread was about the same distance apart.

spreads.jpg

Wow! That looks VERY wrong.

Just to be certain, I popped open a chart for EURAUD on my bucketsh . . . broker, turned on the ask line and opened the order window. The chart and order window prices mirrored each other perfectly. (Ok, maybe some ticks came up 1/100th later on one or the other.)

Ask your broker how your screenshot is even possible.

@cyberpinoy, Its really wired and you need to talk with your broker first about this, Its may effect your trades later on.

Back