• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss LeoTraderPro.com

General discussions of a financial company
Leo trader Pro

I am mystified having logged in to view their live account. They seem to use a stop of 328 pips for a 10 - 25 pip T.P. They only show 1 loss where the Stop was -1.8 They appear to have incredible results that are substantiated by the CEO of the brokerage in Finland. The only information I find on them is their own web page. Can anyone cast some light on this please. I would be most grateful

Hi Shinji..
Yes this puzzled me a little as well. However in one of the blurbs the speaker hints at using stealth in the software to conceal/adjust the real SL.. the hi posted SL may be a decoy for unscrupulous traders I guess.....

I was a little concerned with the stop loss. With a $500 account, using .2 lots, one SL would have wiped out the account. At a more reasonable risk, the results would still have been good, but not as fantatstic. I am not surprised they only put in $500 for this test account. I know I would be depositing much more than that if I believed I could get 100% per month each month.

Leo Trader Pro

Hi Shinji..
Yes this puzzled me a little as well. However in one of the blurbs the speaker hints at using stealth in the software to conceal/adjust the real SL.. the hi posted SL may be a decoy for unscrupulous traders I guess.....

How can they do that if what is shown is their actual trading record? Another concern is that this is being peddled by all the same marketers that have sold previous over hyped junk and now it is the fashion for each new system to start by claiming they are tired of unscrupulous E.A salesmen. I was going to buy a Joe Osbourne system but he started promoting something else before I had the chance. Sorry if this sounds like a rant. Does anyone know anything about the brokers in Finland that endorse this product?

Shinji .... I don't know the broker but in respect of a decoy SL, its been done before .... you will note none of the trades reached SL therefore I can only presume the program must be monitoring the loss position and if it goes the wrong way, it closes the trade via an execution command from the software, way before hitting SL. (Note actually posting a tiny SL would mean most trades would close out in the market noise). Another program that unreliably used this stealth technique was Forex Executor Pro. Anyway current strategy of this neural network seller seems to be networking/building loyalty rather than actually selling anything.

I think the broker is legitimate. I have a demo account with them and had been planning to open a live account soon. I know a couple people who have accounts with them and they all seem to like them. They will take US clients and don't worry about the new NFA rules. However, there are EA's that will perform brilliantly for a short period of time before going south. They set risk levels ridiculously high for this one, so with normal risk your returns would not be as spectacular. I would like to see a backtest on this one as well.

As someone else mentioned, the biggest concern about this is that it is being peddled by the same people selling the scam of the week. I would like to see how it performs when it goes live and see a third party do some backtests before I would buy it.

Many E.A. creators offer a "free" optimizer for Leo Trader Pro if you buy LTP using their link . Not sure that it's good news .

Now for that initial S/L , LTP could well adjust it in real time but some trades were about 150 pips in the red and no S/L was triggered . The trades were profitable in the end but it is something to be aware of nonetheless .

Dewey , they work with mini lots ; so 0.2 lots is in fact 0.2 USD per pip ( and not the usual 2 USD ) . A stop at 300 pips is worth $60 in this case .

Brewmanz NZ has indicated another concern i.e. the broker that Leo Trader Pro uses for authentication of their results. Accordingly FX FIN have been trading for less than a year and are unregulated. Could be that this less established company might be more willing to comply with a request for authentification but why go to them in the first place, before the trading results were available? Perhaps they did this on the strength of their back tests. I seem to be answering my own question but I welcome any input here.

Back