• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss LeoTraderPro.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hi, I received the email today about this Leo Trader. It will be available to the public December 20th and I'm going to try it if it's less than 500$ and has a refund policy.
The EA is offered through Clickbank, so I'm pretty confident that I won't have any problems getting a refund if the results are not as advertized.

I will skip the Demo testing and put it on a Live account with AAAFX. If I can, I will limit the EA to fixed 0.01 lots to minimize the risk.

So far, everything on the website looks authentic. I checked their account with the investor password they provided but I don't know anything about FinFX.

The videos posted on the website from the Trade Expo add up to the legitimacy of the EA.

I'll keep you posted

Starting a robot just before Christmas week does not make sense. The movements are going to be unpredictable. How could a robot anticipate all this?
I believe trading between Dec 20th and Jan 4-5th is for the brave.

FinFX

I actually have heard of this broker before. One of the EA's I use is very dependent on tight spreads and fast feeds. I use TheCollectiveFX, whose monthly fees are cheaper than the commissions on FinFx's ECN account, but FinFX was the only other one that tested as well on demo. I do know a few other people using FinFX and they have had nothing but good things to say about them. They were also recommended by the makers of HyperEA.

Leo Trader Pro has some issues

Hello,
I have purchased Leo Trader Pro EA for EURUSD and GBPUSD, not the upsell for other currencies.
I installed it according to the instructions provided in the user's guide.
I am using FinFX. This is the broker that LTP recommends.
So far I am getting error messages like "socket error" or "Too many IPs", and "System Paused".
I tried to open a ticket, but it is a little tricky. The support page takes you to the sales page (Ooops), but for now the way to access the ticket filing page is trying to check a ticket status, and there is a little link that can be used.
Well, although I filed a support ticket, a ticket number was not generated.
Normally an email is sent after a ticket is sent, but in this case I have received none.
What I did is file a support ticket on Clickbank. That worked. now lets wait and see if there is any response.
Hope this helps.

So I bought the EA for 147$... Just so you know, the Main version trades only the EURUSD and the GBPUSD. Then Extended version (an extra 97$) trades the USDJPY and the USDCHF. I got both versions to put them to the test.

First of all I want to mention that they had "technical difficulties" with the download link, so after buying the EA, I couldn't even download it. Very unprofessional. But after a few hours, I was finally able to download it.

I looked at the code, and it seems quite decent. Not like some marketing hype BS that trades according to a mix of stochastic and macd. This one is actually way more complex. The trades are generated on a main server then sent to all the users running the EA. So technically, everybody should be getting the same trades. Give or take a couple pips because of slippage or connection delays.

But, here's the problem, it still doesn't work. It seems like there's still errors in the .ex4 file, and I'm constantly getting error messages in the Expert Tab in MT4.

The EA is trying to connect to their main server and the connection never seems to get established.

I tried with my 2 computers, and my VPS and with different brokers as well. I sent a message to support, but I think they might be completely overwhelmed at the moment with everybody experiencing the same errors.

Conclusion, they might have a potentially good EA, but they were unable to meet their deadline. The EA has been released in a rush, and it still has errors in the code.

I'm not sure I can trust this company, so I don't think I will run it on a live account right away. I will demo test it for a few weeks to see if the results are consistent.

Same Here

Would agree with the two comments above.

I bought the EA and the upsell, and immediately had the same problem with the download link, which took a good few hours to sort out.

Now, also have the same problem with the socket error, and it then crashes my MT4.

Also had the issue with support, but since then I have been corresponding with them every 20 minutes or so about this issue. They dont mention that it is a problem on their side, but it definately is.

It appears there sever is totally over whelmed, as it didnt work at all (I pinged it too) and then it worked around the 11pm GMT platform day change, then crashed.

Since then, just keeps crashing. I am gonna try forex vps (must be a windows vps guys) and if that doesn't work I will get a refund until they have sorted these issue out, which would most likely be a few weeks at most.

It looks promising, but they just aren't upto scratch just yet - although I have support very good once you get some dialogue going with them.

Will let you know what happens.

Shinny

Leo Trader Pro Tough Start and FinFX

I bought LTP today and had some of the same issues described previous. The download link for the software/robot took you to the splash page. They did have this fixed in about 3 hours. I also bought the up sale, USDJPY and USDCHF pairs. What they don't tell you is that there are not separate exe and dll files for these. You use the same files as with the main program.

LTP monitors each account and knows what you have purchased. I don't like the fact that the trades come from their platform and are sent to each trader. The delay could be measurable and I like to have the control on my trading platform. With that said, I think the program's basis is solid.

Unfortunately, their are issues with the code. I have received the same errors as others. There is no consistency...sometimes it runs, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure this will be worked out, but it doesn't bode a lot of confidence.

Lastly, I contacted FinFX and tried to understand how long they have been in business and if they are regulated. They begain less than 1 year ago; January 2010 to be exact. Following is an email I received from them regarding being regulated:

Hello,

Finland was the Second Most Competitive Economy in European Union in 2010 (1st in 2008) according to the World Economic Forum (WEF). Finland constantly takes by far the top places in EPSI bank ratings. Global credit crunch has not affected Finnish banks in such a degree as elsewhere.

We have worked with the regulation body of FIN-FSA to comply with the strict laws of Finland requiring us to keep the client funds separated from company's day to day business. In any event they would simply be returned to client and you may rest assured as FinFx is a well capitalized company.

In Finland Forex is not regulated in any way endangering client's options for high leverage, limit orders, hedging, scalping, stop-loss or Expert Advisors. There are no FIFO-rules complicating your strategy.

We get price-feed from well over 10 banks, all competing to give you the best price - so it is not uncommon to see EURUSD spread down to even 0.0 pips and commonly ranging at 0.6 pips. Also our execution speed is top notch at 200ms coupled with our Market Orders which are better filled compared to the usual Instant Orders - thus giving you less or none of Requotes and Price has changed errors.

FinFx is connected to over 15 banks using our Rous Technology based bridge and Integral Multi Bank FX Grid as a liquidity provider.
Our ECN status can be checked at anytime from our well known provider of deep liquidity Integral. FinFx has gained TrueFX Broker status with Integral which is given only to respected ECN partners after a period of successful execution.
https://www.integral.com/partners/truefx_brokers.htm

Due to our location we are happy to have created the best trading environment possible. Recent Newsweek survey even declared Finland the best country for your business Interactive Infographic of the World's Best Countries - Newsweek . Our Pohjola Bank is on the list of Top 50 Safest Banks in the World World’s 50 Safest Banks 2010 | Global Finance and it is worth noting Finnish government has not let even one major bank ever fail.

Therefore we welcome you to Finland and remain waiting for questions and your fast and free account opening. Our friendly 24/5 customer service will be happy to help you out with fast Wire transfer deposits and withdrawals.

Try opening an account with us. Most new accounts get created the same day, sometimes even in minutes. We have seen the hardships especially small and medium-sized businesses have to endure in account openings worldwide.

We look forward in cooperating with you.

Best Regards, Sampo
Customer service

Leo Trader Pro logic based on hedging? FIFO?

The only other comment I would like to make wrt LTP is the fact that they failed to mention that "seemingly" the robot is based on hedging and FIFO which is no longer available to U.S. accounts. All U.S. accounts regulated by CFTC and NFA cannot allow hedging or FIFO and must adhere to 50:1 leverage.

My point is, if the success that LTP has demonstrated is based on hedging and FIFO principles, then it will be very difficult to match those results on U.S. accounts. Yes, I realize you can open an account abroad that is not regulated by CFTC/NFA, but then you really need to know someone who trades with that firm to ensure your funds safety. And, if the broker is not regulated, then you really have no recourse if they choose to be less than honorable.

I just with LTP would have disclosed this in their lengthy splash page.

I finally got it going. The EA is running on a Alpari UK Demo account on 4 Currency pairs.

In each window, there's a fancy display of the "Neural Network Levels" (whatever that is) with some blinking lights that makes my screen look like a Christmas tree.

I like it :)

I'll let you know how it trades in a near future.

2 Demo Account Limit

It was released today for $149. I did not take the up-sell for two more pairs for another appx $75. The basic package is 2 pairs (EURUSD and GBPUSD). I got the pdf and the dll but I could not get the EA to download for most of the day. It has a lot of problems. The code crashes if you try to change the pair, or after exiting the parameter menu. The biggest problem for me and I already emailed them and asked them if we are limited to two demo accounts. I like to run an EA against 9 ECN brokers. On just one or two, if something happens on the broker data you just have to assume that that is how the EA performs. Rather than realizing it may have just been a broker.

It has been running for a few hours on Alpari and Best with no trades.

Back