• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss 1MinuteDaily.com

General discussions of a financial company
Sorry AZ
my fault, I'm forever mucking about with my range times and currency auto setup true false
Your are correct

How about having a Facebook page for all trading 1minutedaily system? :)

Hiya Medart
yeh, I suppose so
Im not to up with Facebook - What would it have that is better than this forum
I have a facebook profile but just use it to see what my mates are all up to
I never really add comments like I see some people do
Too busy trading :)
Please let us know the advantages

That's just an idea :) I was thinking of having some sort of small community built around 1minutedaily at first, and money/time-worthy trading systems in general. Backtesting for different pairs than main ones, forwardtesting, looking for other promising trading systems etc. What do you guys reckon? It's not easy to come across a trustworthy forex community these days...

Last night had a buy order at 1.4513 which kicked in and today early afternoon is cancelled the pending order for short sale at 1.4404, I shouldnt have done that since we are at 1.4281 now.

So this brings me to this question, when one order gets filled how long should we keep the pending order before we cancel?

Ranges

I would like to know what everyone does about ranges
Do you use a basic rule of thumb like , if its greater than 100 pips then forget it .
Maybe some fundamental data , reports have made the range falsly big over the weekend or the night , so do you adjust your night hours to make it smaller
This weekend for examlpe on GBPUSD , gbp got clobbered in Asia trading session which made our range of 298 , and consequently the , the chance of a good breakout today was minimal

Would you all still put on a trade regardless of this or do you leave it till Tuesday -
I admit I get frustrated when this happend and what I do is adjust my "quiet hours" to say 2 am to 9 am as opposed to 21.00 to 9.00 which may or may not be a good thing

Hey Fanatica,

Yeah, I seen that as well 298, I didn't even place pending orders... This was the first time it happened to me, however, my gut feeling just told me to stay away from it.

I, too, like NC Trader do not trade on ranges above 200... Also, today there was a false breakout on the buy, if you set pending orders going by the book, and I knew not to place a buy pending order because the upper band was just below a strong resistance level. I, being the ass hole that I am, placed a pending buy order and as soon as it reached that level it went into the opposite direction.

So I say that to say, if you see a strong resistance or support level at the upper or lower bands, do not place a pending order into either direction of the s/r. It never fails, most of the time it does not go above or below s/r inevitably creating a false breakout, which is what happened to me today.

Cheers to happy trading... I'm on facebook and I'm willing to start a 1 minute daily group... All in favor say "I"

Last night had a buy order at 1.4513 which kicked in and today early afternoon is cancelled the pending order for short sale at 1.4404, I shouldnt have done that since we are at 1.4281 now.

So this brings me to this question, when one order gets filled how long should we keep the pending order before we cancel?

From the way I understand it, you only cancel a pending order when the profit target is reached for the open order, or wait until the next day and cancel pending orders before you open the new ones for the next day.

Hey Fanatica,

Yeah, I seen that as well 298, I didn't even place pending orders... This was the first time it happened to me, however, my gut feeling just told me to stay away from it.

I, too, like NC Trader do not trade on ranges above 200... Also, today there was a false breakout on the buy, if you set pending orders going by the book, and I knew not to place a buy pending order because the upper band was just below a strong resistance level. I, being the ass hole that I am, placed a pending buy order and as soon as it reached that level it went into the opposite direction.

So I say that to say, if you see a strong resistance or support level at the upper or lower bands, do not place a pending order into either direction of the s/r. It never fails, most of the time it does not go above or below s/r inevitably creating a false breakout, which is what happened to me today.

Cheers to happy trading... I'm on facebook and I'm willing to start a 1 minute daily group... All in favor say "I"

I think that false buy breakout got most of us. I'm trying to be as by the book as possible too, but I had my doubts a buy order would work out. Let's just be happy for the break even sell trade.

"I" for facebook.

Back