• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss 1MinuteDaily.com

General discussions of a financial company
Thank you very much for the new ea. All the rules of the manual strategy can be manage by this ea.
I made a back test and compare with the excel update,the ea lost many breakout. I think the problem is that when start the new box the ea doesn't consider the potencial orders of the old box; in the manual strategy before put new pending orders we cancel the old pending order but sometimes during the creation of the new box, the old pending orders can enter.
I don't know if it's possible to solve this problem,but I'm sure that this little different is very important for the results.
Sorry for the bad english, I hope it's clear.

Enrico

Hi I understand what you mean
For example on USD JPY, there should be a buy order created from the 23 03 2009 during the night range creation of 24 03 2009 but there isnt
Am I correct ?

Cancelling Pending Orders

Greetings all,

I don't quite understand the discussion of cancelling pending orders. The rule is that pending orders are cancelled either:

1. If t/p is hit then the opposite direction order is cancelled. This has to be done manually.

2. When the time expires, e.g. the time to enter the new day's orders. This is done automatically! How? When you place the day's orders, you enter the "expiry." Example: Enter buy and sell stops for gbp/usd at 0900 London Time today. Under the entry price in the order box, you check off the expiry box and enter tomorrow's date and time of 0859 (adjust to your broker's chart time).

I hope to post updated results shortly.

Best regards,
AZ

Greetings all,

I don't quite understand the discussion of cancelling pending orders. The rule is that pending orders are cancelled either:

1. If t/p is hit then the opposite direction order is cancelled. This has to be done manually.

2. When the time expires, e.g. the time to enter the new day's orders. This is done automatically! How? When you place the day's orders, you enter the "expiry." Example: Enter buy and sell stops for gbp/usd at 0900 London Time today. Under the entry price in the order box, you check off the expiry box and enter tomorrow's date and time of 0859 (adjust to your broker's chart time).

I hope to post updated results shortly.

Best regards,
AZ

1. Yes if the TP is hit

2. I cancel all the pending orders from the previous day by just deleting it manually
So for example at 9.00 GMT I delete any old pending orders for GBPUSD and create two new pending orders but yeh you could use the expiry function= good idea
Our problem is with the EA not creating orders during the range (night)

Ok guys - if you type forex and click on the forex-group in facebook search box and look for the one with red nad green "buttons" in the picture you are more than welcome to join. I've set up few "discussion topics", so feel free to participate, share your thoughts, post your results etc. Looks poor atm, but hey Rome wasn't built in a day! :)

Hi Medart - there are about 500 results for forex groups. Is there an easier way to find the group?

Thanks.

Yes, you understand. Basically my ideal ea should put two pending order at the end of box with expiry time and if one of the order hit tp cancel the other one.

Hi I understand what you mean
For example on USD JPY, there should be a buy order created from the 23 03 2009 during the night range creation of 24 03 2009 but there isnt
Am I correct ?

Results Update

Greetings all,

Herewith my results so far for May, strictly by the book. For the date, I use the end of the breakout areas. (B)uy, (S)ell, (W)on, (L)ost, (O)pen:

GBP/USD:

5/03 - S, W
5/04 - S, W
5/05 - S, W
5/06 - S, W
5/07 - S, L
5/10 - B, L
5/11 - B, L; S, L
5/12 - B, L; S, W
5/13 - S, W
5/14 - S, W
5/17 – No Trade
5/18 – B, L; S, W
5/19 – B, O
5/20 – S, O

Total - 8 W, 6 L, 2 O

UDS/JPY:

5/03 - B, W
5/04 - S, L; B, L
5/05 - S, W
5/06 - S, W
5/07 - B, O
5/10 - B, L
5/11 - S, L
5/12 - B, L
5/13 - S, W
5/14 - S, W
5/17 – B, L
5/18 – S, W
5/19 – S, O
5/20 – S, O

Total - 6 W, 6 L, 3 O

GBP/JPY:

5/03 - S, L
5/04 - S, W
5/05 - S, W
5/06 - S, W
5/07 - B, L
5/10 - S, W
5/11 - B, L
5/12 - S, W
5/13 - S, W
5/14 – S, W
5/17 – B, L
5/18 – S, W
5/19 – B, L; S, O

Total - 8 W, 5 L, 1 O

Totals for all 3 pairs: 22 W, 17 L, 6 O

I see that the latest manual (I have asked for version numbers, but none yet) has some new rules:

1. 300-pip range limit.
2. No Thursday trades on USD/JPY
3. No Friday trades on GBP/USD

I'll incorporate those beginning tomorrow.

I also notice that the recommended range times in the new version of the EA are different that the ones in the system manual. I have inquired and am waiting for an answer.

Best regards,
AZ

good day,

I have had a mess around with this new ea, im not sure it trades as someone doing it manually..also i get two results when the back tests are done on open prices only as opposed to using every tick in strategy tester. yet the 1 minute guys are using the lesser reliable result process.

gut feel tells me ea still isnt up to scratch with the manual method..would one use it for decision making ie finding best range times and best settings or should one still go back and manual test a logical idea, going back 2/3/4 years for consistency...

do know one thing, for smoothness you have to combine two currencies possibly a 3rd as they all perform well at different time in the year..

any thoughts..

cheers

roby

Last edited:
Pip Value for Cross Currencies

Hello 1MinDailySupportTeam

I noticed that the EA does not take into account different pip values when using the Money management parameter
i.e. It assumes EURGBP is 10.00 dollars when it is actually today 14.32 for a std lot
Hence when I ask for example 3% risk it miscalculates the amount of lots to put on the trade

Just a small thing to note

Back