• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss 1MinuteDaily.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hello guys,

Iam following this thread for a while now.
I tried to configure the 1 Minute Daily EA like the manual strategy but I never get the results in the Excel sheet provided.
Does anyone have an idea ?
Is someone able to reproduce the results of the Excel sheet providedby 1MinuteDaily ?

There is still a difference when compared to the 1MinuteDaily strategy. No order is executed when the EA is in "inside the range" mode.

Hi all,

Let me clear some things up on how I trade using Price Action "Trading in the Buff" and the 1 Minute Daily. Honestly, I trade using S/R more than I do the 1 Minute Daily. Why? Because the odds are in your favor when trading with S/R. The probability of it breaking thru S/R "Counter Trending" isn't as high as it is to trade with S/R.

Also, let me rephrase what I said earlier in regards to hourly charts, I use 1 Hr charts for the 1 Minute Daily strategy as oppossed to the suggested 15m, however, I use 15minute and 30 minute charts when trading using price action because I place at least 3 trades 30-60 pips a trade. I also look at 1hr, 4hr and Daily charts to spot other S/R and the trend.

So all in all, I truly trade based solely on "Price Action" (S/R). I only use the 1 Minute Daily when S/R has been broken AND there has been a STRONG CLOSE below or above the 1 minute Daily's upper/lower bands by S/R levels. I don't jump in right away either, I wait on retracement and then I may go for the suggested target profit if I don't see another S/R before it, if so I take profit at S/R, if no S/R before suggested target profit, then I ride it out. So, if S/R is close to the bands I wait for a STRONG CLOSE above or below S/R before I jump in.

So, it's safe to say that I mostly trade using "Price Action" because I make pips/money every single day whereas if I trade the 1 Minute Daily mechanically, I wouldn't make money everyday and by the end of the month I may only avg 10-20 pips a day. However, with "Price Action" you can make 100 pips a day, worst case scenario 50-60 pips a day :) You do the math.

"Trading in the Buff" is really, to me, the King of all of these ebooks man because if I wanted to start trading commodities I can use that strategy and make dough :)

So, in a nutshell, if you just want to place 1 trade per day because you have to work or something then use nothing less than a 1H chart and either go for a certain number of pips (I go for 60-100 on 1H/4H charts) or take profit and the next S/R, simple as that. If you'd like to place multiple trades 3-5, then use 15m and 30m charts, preferrably just 15m, but if you can't spot S/R on 15 then move up to 30m and so on until you're able to spot one.

I made 150 pips this morning, 80 on EUR/USD and 70 on GBP/USD simply trading based on "Price Action" (S/R). I use an effective money management strategy (10% aggressive), I split it amongst 3 trades which means I use 3% per trade or if I'm placing just one trade on the day, I'm using a higher time frame with 10% on the trade.

The beauty of trading simply just the S/R is that you can trade those pivotal areas irregardless of the trend. Trust, with price action you will make money everyday :) The one thing that I don't like about the 1 Minute Daily mechanically, although it is good in the long run, is the drawdown as most of you guys experienced last week. You're not going to experience drawdown using "Price Action" as much as the 1MD does. You can experience 5 straight false breakouts, maybe even more, with the 1MD. However, you're not going to have 5 straight counter trends (Break of S/R) in a row trading price action, the chances of you experiencing 5-10 straight winning trades are HIGH!

So there you have it in a nutshell, EUR/USD GBP/USD and USD/JPY are the only currency pairs that I trade. A lot of times when I look at a chart, all three pairs are near S/R and so I use 3% on each and let the trades ride.

Hope this helps

Int stuff MOB, tell me do u use Pivot Points or Big Round Numbers in your PA?

ST

hi MOB,

hows your trading looking last five days or so with ur price method..

This consolidation period been tough on 1 minute..

cheers

roby

May Results

Greetings all,

Spinning our wheels in May. Let's look forward to a better June! Here's the list:

(B)uy, (S)ell, (W)on, (L)ost, (O)pen:

GBP/USD:

5/03 - S, W
5/04 - S, W
5/05 - S, W
5/06 - S, W
5/07 - S, L
5/10 - B, L
5/11 - B, L; S, L
5/12 - B, L; S, W
5/13 - S, W
5/14 - S, W
5/17 – No Trade
5/18 – B, L; S, W
5/19 – B, L
5/20 – S, L
5/21 – No Trade (new rules)
5/24 – S, W
5/25 – S, L; B, W
5/26 – B, W
5/27 – B, W
5/28 – No Trade
5/31 – B, W

Total - 13 W, 9 L

UDS/JPY:

5/03 - B, W
5/04 - S, L; B, L
5/05 - S, W
5/06 - S, W
5/07 - B, L
5/10 - B, L
5/11 - S, L
5/12 - B, L
5/13 - S, W
5/14 - S, W
5/17 – B, L
5/18 – S, W
5/19 – S, W
5/20 – S, W
5/21 – No Trade
5/24 – B, L; S, L
5/25 – S, L; B, W
5/26 – B, L, S, L
5/27 – No Trade (new rules)
5/28 – S, L, B, L
5/31 – S, L

Total - 9 W, 15 L

GBP/JPY:

5/03 - S, L
5/04 - S, W
5/05 - S, W
5/06 - S, W
5/07 - B, L
5/10 - S, W
5/11 - B, L
5/12 - S, W
5/13 - S, W
5/14 – S, W
5/17 – B, L
5/18 – S, W
5/19 – B, L; S, W
5/20 – S, W (new time rules)
5/21 – S, L; B, L
5/24 – S, L
5/25 – B, W
5/26 – B, W
5/27 – B, W
5/28 – S, W
5/31 – B, L, S, L

Total - 14 W, 10 L

Totals for all 3 pairs: 36 W, 34 L

Best regards,
AZ

Last edited:
trading in the buff

Hi
I love trading 1m daily. I only trade G/U and not on mondays and fridays.
I also do not trade when the market is very choppy. I therefore did not trade last week. I believe this is the best way to avoid large DD

I have been looking at trading in the buff ebook and like the method very much. Thanks for posting it Paul41
Do you only trade when you have a much larger 2nd candle and 1 and 3 are small? For instance, GU low is 14552, with 2 and 3 above that candle on 15m chart. Would this be a legimate 123 pattern? The time on FXDD is 17.45 candle.

Thank you

Price action and 1m daily.

Hello again,
This is only my personal opinion, but i agree with M.O.B. 100%.
I am sure that many false breakouts on the 1m daily can be avoided by a better understanding of price action.

For those of you that are willing, but cant see the light yet, i have attached a couple of PDF files for your convenience.

You will find attached the very first thing i learnt about price action S/R, and i still use it profitably nearly every day.
I believe that this set-up is even easier than the 1-2-3 pattern, so may come in handy for beginners and old hands alike.

Simply read the pdf's , or search "Pin Bars" for more info, then open up a chart with NO indicators and look for the "pins".

All you will need after that is some extra chart time to get used to spotting them in real time.

You will soon see how easy this can be.

Hope it helps.
Regards.
Paul.
View attachment Pin bars-introduction.pdf
View attachment Pin bars-advanced.pdf

Nice going guys!
MOB have you done John Templetons "Price Action Trade Course" or
have you got your ideas from only his e-book?
thanks
Exclusive

PA Trading

hi MOB,

hows your trading looking last five days or so with ur price method..

This consolidation period been tough on 1 minute..

cheers

roby

Hey Roberto,

You've asked me this question at the right time. I have been doing well in the past five days, although, I thought that I could have done better. This choppy market produced a few counter trends on me. However, I knew that there was someone making a lot of money.

The author of "Trading in the Buff" came out with another ebook that goes into further detail of price action and the 1 2 3 pattern and how to use it along with other tools, however, it's still trading somewhat naked but he shows how to use the Fib with Wicks/Pinballs along with trendlines and 1 2 3.

I spoke with John all last night through emails and he was telling me that a lot of people wanted him to go into more details on price action and he truly did. It's actually not an ebook, however, it's a series of videos on price action and he shows videos of him taking a trade and why did he take the trade... It's AWESOME!

After backtesting it, I could have made a killing this couple of weeks, although, I did well. A member of this forum, Serge, actually mentioned that he trades price action using wicks/pinballs on longer time frames and has been up 75% in 25 days. John mentioned that a lot of traders simply just trade off of pinballs and do well, however, there has to be more information there as he stated.

So after looking at my charts again, I turned them into candlesticks and I simply used a fib and then I looked for 1 2 3 patterns along with wicks and I must say that it is definitely the FN Holy Grail. From here on out I am going to use more lots when I see a combination of the 3 all together as John suggested, because the probability of a successful trade has increased dramatically.

I am trading now GBP/USD and with the Fib 1 2 3 and Wick used together I am currently up 17 pip within 5 minutes, my target is 63 which is where the next pivot point in on the Fib. I will try to post my charts, I've never done that before but I'll make it work, that way you guys can see how I use the fib the 1 2 3 and the wick/pinball all together. You may see a trendline as well. Give me a sec.

Back