• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss 1MinuteDaily.com

General discussions of a financial company
1 MinDaily

Thanks MOB for this
I use the OneminDaily as a sort of backburner system that after rigorous backtesting I know will slowly make pips - There are not many months that I lose pips , but I use various Currency pairs with low spreads , not just the recommended ones - Something where I dont need to analyse or if I am in a rush
And also I needed a good strategy , which I believe you have provided for trading during other times and when I have time

What do you think of the one min daily system ??

In my very own honest opinion... I think that the 1 Minute Daily is good for Long Term use, I like to make money everyday, which is what I do. I don't experience much drawdown, however, I tried 1 Min Daily just to add a breakout strategy to my arsenal and the drawdown was a turn off.

As for my Long Term strategy, I just use simple price action, which is what I was doing prior to using 1MD. Price Action won't get you into a lot of positions, however, the positions that they provide are damn near 100%.

I employed scalping to my trading because it is something that I've always wanted to do in stocks, so I decided that I can do it in Forex without the $25,000 margin required in Stocks :) Scalping is fun and it fits my personality, I'm a high stakes type of guy and an adrenaline junkie, an ex collegiate athlete, go figure.

I realized that those false breakouts using the 1MD was due to S/R areas that have been tested a numerous of times, which make them even stronger. The developers of the London Breakout don't even go for pips equal to the Asian Range, they take profit at S/R areas. ;)

Hi Fanatica
The back testing you've done, is that with the original rules (set and forget) or is that watching the market and adjusting things as they unfold?

Also MOB I'm really looking forward to the screenshots to show how John Templetons system can keep you out of bad trades.

keep up the great work guys
exclusive.

Hi Exclusive

I chose 1MD because it was set and forget but as MOB says watch the drawdown so use a lower percentage for your MM
Most people I think have chosen this system because you can literally spend 1 min on it and go about doing whatever you want to do i.e go to work , go surfing :)

I did good enough backtesting on different pairs and most months came out on top
Only once or twice did the amount of wins turn negative
Even when I knew the Price was coming to S/R lvels I had to grit my teeth and say to myself, leave it
cos I was going to use this system as I originally intended - That is a very hard thing to do espescially when you know it will reverse like on a false breakout
Once you have confidence in the system you can forget it then concentrate on the strategies that require more hands on action like MOBS scalping method knowing in the back of your mind you have a good backup system , be it slow I know
but hey you could always bung in 100,000 dollars into a broker account LOL and then 1% is great

Last edited:
June Results

Greetings all,

In case anyone is still interested in the 1 Minute Daily system(!), I present my results for the month of June.

The first week was great, the rest of the month was a struggle, but we certainly ended up positive. I included parenthetical results for the no-trade Thursdays (USD/JPY) and Fridays (GBP/USD). Interesting to note that ignoring the no-trade days in June would have resulted in one additional win.

All is strictly by the book. For the date, I use the end of the breakout areas. Longest trade went 9 days! (B)uy, (S)ell, (W)on, (L)ost, (O)pen:

GBP/USD:

6/01 - B, W
6/02 – S, W
6/03 – S, W
6/04 – No Trade Friday (would have been B, L; S, W)
6/07 – B, L
6/08 – S, W
6/09 – B, W
6/10 – B, W
6/11 – No Trade Friday (would have been S, W)
6/14 – B, W
6/15 – S, L; B, W
6/16 – S, L; B, L
6/17 – B, W
6/18 – No Trade Friday (would have been S, L; B, L)
6/21 – S, L
6/22 – S, L; B, W
6/23 – B, W
6/24 – B, L; S, W
6/25 – No Trade Friday (would have been S, L; B, W)
6/28 – S, L; B, L
6/29 – S, W
6/30 – S, W

Total – 14 W, 9 L

USD/JPY:

6/01 - B, W
6/02 – B, W
6/03 – No Trade Thursday (would have been B, L)
6/04 – S, W
6/07 – B, L
6/08 – S, L
6/09 – B, L; S, W
6/10 – No Trade Thursday (would have been B, W)
6/11 – B, L, S, L
6/14 – S, W
6/15 – B, L
6/16 – S, W
6/17 – No Trade Thursday (would have been S, W)
6/18 – S, L; B, W
6/21 – B, L
6/22 – S, W
6/23 – S, W
6/24 – No Trade Thursday (would have been S, W)
6/25 – S, W
6/28 – S, W
6/29 – S, W
6/30 – B, L; S, W

Total – 13 W, 9 L

GBP/JPY:

6/01 - B, W
6/02 – B, L
6/03 – S, W
6/04 – S, W
6/07 – B, L
6/08 – S, L
6/09 – B, W
6/10 – B, W
6/11 – S, W
6/14 – B, L
6/15 – B, L
6/16 – S, W
6/17 – No Trade (no breakout)
6/18 – S, L; B, L
6/21 – S, W
6/22 – B, L
6/23 – S, L
6/24 – S, L
6/25 – B, L
6/28 – B, L; S, W
6/29 – S, L
6/30 – S, W

Total – 10 W, 13 L

Totals for all 3 pairs: 37 W, 31 L

Best regards,
AZ

Last edited:
Greetings all,

In case anyone is still interested in the 1 Minute Daily system(!), I present my results for the month of June.

The first week was great, the rest of the month was a struggle, but we certainly ended up positive. I included parenthetical results for the no-trade Thursdays (USD/JPY) and Fridays (GBP/USD). Interesting to note that ignoring the no-trade days in June would have resulted in one additional win.

All is strictly by the book. For the date, I use the end of the breakout areas. Longest trade went 9 days! (B)uy, (S)ell, (W)on, (L)ost, (O)pen:

GBP/USD:

6/01 - B, W
6/02 – S, W
6/03 – S, W
6/04 – No Trade Friday (would have been B, L; S, W)
6/07 – B, L
6/08 – S, W
6/09 – B, W
6/10 – B, W
6/11 – No Trade Friday (would have been S, W)
6/14 – B, W
6/15 – S, L; B, W
6/16 – S, L; B, L
6/17 – B, W
6/18 – No Trade Friday (would have been S, L; B, L)
6/21 – S, L
6/22 – S, L; B, W
6/23 – B, W
6/24 – B, L; S, W
6/25 – No Trade Friday (would have been S, L; B, W)
6/28 – S, L; B, L
6/29 – S, W
6/30 – S, W

Total – 14 W, 9 L

USD/JPY:

6/01 - B, W
6/02 – B, W
6/03 – No Trade Thursday (would have been B, L)
6/04 – S, W
6/07 – B, L
6/08 – S, L
6/09 – B, L; S, W
6/10 – No Trade Thursday (would have been B, W)
6/11 – B, L, S, L
6/14 – S, W
6/15 – B, L
6/16 – S, W
6/17 – No Trade Thursday (would have been S, W)
6/18 – S, L; B, W
6/21 – B, L
6/22 – S, W
6/23 – S, W
6/24 – No Trade Thursday (would have been S, W)
6/25 – S, W
6/28 – S, W
6/29 – S, W
6/30 – B, L; S, W

Total – 13 W, 9 L

GBP/JPY:

6/01 - B, W
6/02 – B, L
6/03 – S, W
6/04 – S, W
6/07 – B, L
6/08 – S, L
6/09 – B, W
6/10 – B, W
6/11 – S, W
6/14 – B, L
6/15 – B, L
6/16 – S, W
6/17 – No Trade (no breakout)
6/18 – S, L; B, L
6/21 – S, W
6/22 – B, L
6/23 – S, L
6/24 – S, L
6/25 – B, L
6/28 – B, L; S, W
6/29 – S, O
6/30 – S, W

Total – 10 W, 12 L, 1 O

Totals for all 3 pairs: 37 W, 30 L, 1 O

Best regards,
AZ

Hiya Aztrades
No, please continue , I use them to check my results
Keep up the good work, and have a nice weekend
:)

Hi Aztrades,
Please keep up the numbers. Your input is invaluable as you're giving us independent results of the system.
Even though it's early days, what is exciting about this system (1 minute daily) is how robust it is. Even at the most basic level it still makes money. What MOB and everyone else have so kindly done is to show ways on how to improve it and incorporate a scalping system that (if you have the time) would compliment it.
have a great weekend.

Something to play with.

Hello again,
Here is something you may wish to take into consideration.

Put a 25sma (simple moving average) on your chart.
Put a 200ema (exponential moving avarage) on your chart.
Trade the crossovers.

I have no idea if this is a keeper or not as i done ZERO testing.

However i have attached 2x images, to show you what i am waffling on about.
Note that in one of the pics that a bounce off the 25sma is almost in accordance with 1mindaily.
Like i say...this needs some looking into and possible adjustments, so feel free and let me know how it turns out.
M.O.B. Maybe this could get the adrenalin pumped on a 1min chart?;)

Oh well for me its back to the decorating :unhappy:
I will test it when i can.
Regards,
Paul.
EU.jpg
EU2.jpg

Hi Paul,

I'm also very interested in your info regarding the Magic Breakout. If possible, please would you be so kind sending it to me too? My Email is: stnieder@yahoo.com

Many thanks,
Stefan

Paul

like everyone else, may i aLso request information on the magic breakout system please. email is raoult11@hotmail.com

1minutedaily team

have you thought about merging the magic breakout system with 1MD?
when should we expect an update for the EA that trades the exact manual system?

Aztrades

Thank you very much for posting your results, they are a great help indeed.

Mob

Thank you always for sharing your ideas and strategies, it sure is comforting to know that there are honest people who like to share their success with others without greed.

General Comment

I was wondering if anyone would be interested to test methods to determine orlessen the amount of false breakouts in the 1MD. i am happy to turn it into an EA and share it with you guys. I am forever testing ideas but maybe i am not looking outside the box i am in.

Not sure if this helps but i found that putting your breakout at 20 pips will avoid many false breakouts. i also found that a stoploss at 15% of the range also helps.

I am testing this system all the time and trying my best to achieve the best result. I would appreciate input and ideas from people. Maybe some filters etc.

Magic Breakout

shaping.futures,
Update your profile with an email address and i can send you some up to date info on MagicBreakout.
Regards,
Paul.
P.S. I'm having trouble accessing this forum at the moment, but i will send info as soon as i can.;)

Paul, when you can, can you send me information of MagicBreakout? => jddvma@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Back