• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

AFX Fund

It will end very badly in 4 ways.

First, the majority of people put a small amount in to test a ponzi. If they get paid regularly for a few months, then they put in more. Very few people are smart enough to withdraw all of their initial investment before throwing more money in.

Second, those those who know how to play HYIP and Ponzi games (get in early and pray you get more than your deposit before it collapses) sooner or later will end up facing a clawback order from a judge. After all, just because you were in 6 months and ended up with 50% on top of your money doesn't mean the person who invested the day before deserves nothing. In cases like this, the proceeds from dismantling the criminal organization are divided proportionately among the victims based on how much they deposited, not how long they deposited.

Third, if you actively recruit for your favorite Ponzi or HYIP (and many pay generous bones for this), the people you recruit will all be well within their rights to sue you, since you should have known better.

Fourth, many active recruiters know it's a scam and some even have a rough idea of the lifespan. When the cleanup comes, you may find yourself on the receiving end of an arrest warrant.

Every deposit into a scam like this extends it's life. I would sincerely hope that no FPA member would actively want to profit from helping a criminal organization last longer and get more victims. If you are that desperate for money, why hide under the mask of an investor and instead go out and steal the money directly?

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me... I am a very 'green' person to forex trading and was dealing with Cameron Colquhoun and Mark Docherty from Adjusted FX who urged me to trade with $10,000AUD. Cameron stated that the Broker was FXOpen, but they dont know who I am.
I cannot find either Mr Colquhoun or Mr Docherty who are ignoring me, having not returned any of my telephone or emails communications. Have I lost my money? What should I do?

Does anybody know anything about the AFX Fund?

They promise returns of between 2 and 25% a month with a maximum drawdown of 15%, but i don't know how seriously to take them. They claim to be run by two experienced traders Cameron Colquhoun and Mark Docherty.

Since i can't post anything but links here, and the main links are to private sites, here are their details

Cameron Colquhoun - Independent Trader/Fund Manager - Adjusted FX Capital Management
Independent Trader/Fund Manager - AdjustedFX, December 2009 - Present, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Hedge Fund Manager - JP Morgan, March 2003 — November 2009, London, United Kingdom
Market Analyst - Barclays Investment Bank, March 1998 — February 2003 Glasgow, United Kingdom
Junior Trader - JP Morgan, June 1997 - March 1998 Glasgow, United Kingdom.

Mark Docherty - Independent Trader/Fund Manager - Adjusted FX Capital Management
Independent Trader/Fund Manager - AdjustedFX, September 2010 - Present Glasgow, United Kingdom
Fund Manager - Blueprint Capital Limited, September 2011 - May 2013
Currency & Emerging Markets Analyst - J.P Morgan, April 2006 -July 2009, London, United Kingdom
Associate - Societe Generale, February 2004 - March 2006 London, UK.

They offer the following information in support of their work:

Track Records
Conservative: www.fxblue.com/users/adjustedfxlowrisk
Aggressive: www.fxblue.com/users/fmsystem Pin:1515

Testimonials
Almog Levi
Student at Accounting & Economics
"Having had my fund now with Cameron for the past year and a half I am delighted with the returns and the trading approach. He demonstrates trustworthiness and has been always able to answer any queries or questions I have had. Being an avid investor, AdjustedFX and Cameron have returned more for me than any other investment in the last 5 years has."
August 11, 2016, Almog was with another company when working with Cameron at AdjustecIFX
Additional client recommendations can be provided, supplied on a mutually agreed basis.

Here's a video about them:

This is their website: http://adjustedfx-capital.com/

Hi, in regard to your post, this website you provide for Cameron Colquhoun and Mark Docherty for Adjusted fx is not a website.. It is an "ad site". It does not give their contact details or the business website. These guys have taken my AUD$10,000 and disappeared off the face of the planet. I cannot contact them? Does anyone know how I can get my funds back? Apparently the broker was FX Open but they say they dont know me or I dont have an account with them?

First, contact the FCA to find out if they are supposed to be registered. The domain name belongs to Mark Docherty and he's got what looks like a UK address. It was created on 2016-09-03.

Mark is a very busy person - he's also got a team of data scientists to supervise at one of his other websites (adjusted-data.com) and a bitcoin purchase site at bitcointrader10.com. Does he really have enough time to trade funds?

The site mentions a UK regulated broker, but doesn't say which one. I'd also want to be sure that they don't require clients to sign up through an IB link.

Assuming no IB link, the high water mark for collecting fees is the preferred method of compensating an account manager.

The conservative track record at MyFxBlue doesn't look too bad, but it appears that SL are not being used. One little connection failure at the wrong moment and things could go straight to hell. Oh wait, check those trades - the last one was in February of 2016, months before the domain name was registered. Why isn't there a recent record on the conservative strategy?

The aggressive fund shows massive floating losses. Some orders have TP, some have SL, some have both, and some have neither. At least the trading record is recent, but it's far too risky for my tastes.

I can't get a hold of Mark Docherty or Cameron Colquhoun re my trading funds of AUD$10,000. they have disappeared? ..........

Thank you for your comments, Pharoah, i was hoping for ones like this.

With regard to broker, when i contacted them initially, they said they were using Axi UK and IC Markets (Australia). However later on Cameron said they were switching brokers to get a better deal for themselves and for their clients. He said the aggressive account would use FXTM (Cyprus).

I'm more familiar with MyFxBook than FxBlue, so how do you determine massive floating losses on the aggressive account, and some trades without SL or TP?

When i look at the Risk tab i see the deepest valley in their balance is -2.6% and risk of 10% loss is only 11.8%.

Cameron told me their broker was FX Open, but when I contacted FX Open to see where my funds were so I could withdraw, they didnt know who I was and stated that I did not have an account with them. I have tried contacting Cameron Colquhoun and Mark Docherty but they are not responding..... ?

Does anybody know anything about the AFX Fund?

They promise returns of between 2 and 25% a month with a maximum drawdown of 15%, but i don't know how seriously to take them. They claim to be run by two experienced traders Cameron Colquhoun and Mark Docherty.

Since i can't post anything but links here, and the main links are to private sites, here are their details

Cameron Colquhoun - Independent Trader/Fund Manager - Adjusted FX Capital Management
Independent Trader/Fund Manager - AdjustedFX, December 2009 - Present, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Hedge Fund Manager - JP Morgan, March 2003 — November 2009, London, United Kingdom
Market Analyst - Barclays Investment Bank, March 1998 — February 2003 Glasgow, United Kingdom
Junior Trader - JP Morgan, June 1997 - March 1998 Glasgow, United Kingdom.

Mark Docherty - Independent Trader/Fund Manager - Adjusted FX Capital Management
Independent Trader/Fund Manager - AdjustedFX, September 2010 - Present Glasgow, United Kingdom
Fund Manager - Blueprint Capital Limited, September 2011 - May 2013
Currency & Emerging Markets Analyst - J.P Morgan, April 2006 -July 2009, London, United Kingdom
Associate - Societe Generale, February 2004 - March 2006 London, UK.

They offer the following information in support of their work:

Track Records
Conservative: www.fxblue.com/users/adjustedfxlowrisk
Aggressive: www.fxblue.com/users/fmsystem Pin:1515

Testimonials
Almog Levi
Student at Accounting & Economics
"Having had my fund now with Cameron for the past year and a half I am delighted with the returns and the trading approach. He demonstrates trustworthiness and has been always able to answer any queries or questions I have had. Being an avid investor, AdjustedFX and Cameron have returned more for me than any other investment in the last 5 years has."
August 11, 2016, Almog was with another company when working with Cameron at AdjustecIFX
Additional client recommendations can be provided, supplied on a mutually agreed basis.

Here's a video about them:

This is their website: http://adjustedfx-capital.com/

I am looking for Cameron Colquhoun and Mark Docherty. They have my funds and are not returning any of my calls....

Sounds bad. Given they've disappeared from the site i originally saw them on, the video of theirs i linked to is also gone, plus their website has disappeared, i'd say it's not looking good. Looks like Cameron still has a profile on LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/in/cameron-colquhoun-cfa-caia-5a4963ba You could try contacting ASIC about Docherty and Colquhoun, or the appropriate country regulator. Maybe Pharaoh can offer some more sophisticated tips.

Rico's advice is good. I'd add that each person should open a thread in Scam Alerts and share as many details as possible. Based on what comes up in those threads, advice can be a bit more customized.

Back