AUD/USD Daily Video, September 10, 2014

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,

let's make some comments on Aussie slump:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Sive , thank you very much .

As mentioned in last weekly , I was trading opposite ... Long ... until today . I was entering market without specific signal but just relying on the support area of monthly Long 38,2% (0,92338) and weekly short 23,6% (0,91778) . I assumed this being enough support, & that would hold/keep price above it . This obviously was wrong .
If I understand your clip correct, marketplayers expect change of interest of the USD raising and therefore taking out the positive ratio for carry trading (which was my aim as well ) .

Assuming I understood your explanation correct ....than here my question to you if I may : could I as a Kleinerbroker == privat "Hobby"trader have foreseen such development on Sunday and Monday ? Perhaps follow any news channel ? Which one ? Or more in general : What should be my lessons learned for next such trade which was ment to last for days or even weeks ideally ?

Thank you for taking time to read this .

Best regards
KB

Hello Sive , thank you very much .

As mentioned in last weekly , I was trading opposite ... Long ... until today . I was entering market without specific signal but just relying on the support area of monthly Long 38,2% (0,92338) and weekly short 23,6% (0,91778) . I assumed this being enough support, & that would hold/keep price above it . This obviously was wrong .
If I understand your clip correct, marketplayers expect change of interest of the USD raising and therefore taking out the positive ratio for carry trading (which was my aim as well ) .

Assuming I understood your explanation correct ....than here my question to you if I may : could I as a Kleinerbroker == privat "Hobby"trader have foreseen such development on Sunday and Monday ? Perhaps follow any news channel ? Which one ? Or more in general : What should be my lessons learned for next such trade which was ment to last for days or even weeks ideally ?

Thank you for taking time to read this .

Best regards
KB

Hm,
hardly it could be foreseen. In this case you was needed to foresee the content of Fed Bank research...
But, H&S pattern was developing for some time already and was recognizable. This should hold you from long entry...But this is hindsight, and all of us are very clever on hindsight :)

Lessons learned

Hm, ..........But this is hindsight, and all of us are very clever on hindsight :)

Dear Sive , Spasiba ! , no hindsight as I was asking you for favor so that I can learn from you for my future . You are very polite ! :)

The H&S I would not have recognised until now, as I always thought, it would take exactly one left, one right shoulder , sharply formed, so I know better now .

And now trading short with nice target I will recover my losses w/o major problem (as my SL was reasonable and not too brave , luckly ...;) )

Yours
KB

Back