CFA Trader - Market Profile and Price action analyses

EURUSD - I had to completely forget my bearish bias when Ben surprised the market last night.

I immediatelly took 2 long positions. I closed the first one few minutes ago and still hold the second one.
19.9.png

My bias is clearly bullish at least for few days. I will attempt to enter long again if I get pullback into support.

EURUSD - I took long on Friday after confirmation of buyers around 1,3500 level. Price did not bounce higher significantly. I put in stop loss before today´s macro news in Europe and was kicked out from the trade with a small profit.
23.9.png

Now I wait for another chance to open long position. I do not like today´s low so I will consider long around 1,3490 and 1,3460.

I am very busy his week. I had 3 webinars so no time to post here.

I am still bullish on EURUSD. I hold long position from Wednesday last week. I also took 2 more longs yesterady and hold them.

I see poor structure all the way to 1,3550 and expect price to test there.

I am very busy his week. I had 3 webinars so no time to post here.

I am still bullish on EURUSD. I hold long position from Wednesday last week. I also took 2 more longs yesterady and hold them.

I see poor structure all the way to 1,3550 and expect price to test there.

EURUSD - Well, my outlook from this morning played out nicely. I tightened stop loss too agressively on the first position and was kicked out from the trade (with small profit). Later it went to desired profit target.

I was not angry. That is part of trading. And I had the second position in the market which went to profit target I intended.
EURUSD1.png
EURUSD2.png

EURUSD - I was not planning on doing any trades before tomorrow´s ECB. However this morning brought nice short opportunity.

I was patiently waiting for a test of strong support around 1,3525-1,3515. After the macro news release from US at 16:00 my profit target was hit, but because of wider spread I did not get a fill. So I closed the position manually. I lost few pips because of manual close, but that does not matter.

I was not expecting any good intraday swing opportunities before ECB, so this trade is a nice bonus :)
1.10.png

EURUSD - so here is the big day for EUR. We will have the ECB rate announcement and Draghi´s press conference.

Hard to tell what the guy will say. If he surprises and lowers the rate or says something dovish, then I will try to open a short trade since I see poor structure below the market with medium and long term targets around 1,3100, 1,3000 and 1,2900.

I can also imagine a scenario with false downside move during the press conference, just to take stop loss orders below the consolidation range we have for the past 2 weeks and then reversal to the upside. I still hold long position from Wednesday (Sept. 18). It is no risk trade now so I will hold it into the press conference and either get kicked out of it or wait for my target at 1,3660.

I will wait for what clues the market offers during the press conference and after it.

EURUSD - so here is the big day for EUR. We will have the ECB rate announcement and Draghi´s press conference.

Hard to tell what the guy will say. If he surprises and lowers the rate or says something dovish, then I will try to open a short trade since I see poor structure below the market with medium and long term targets around 1,3100, 1,3000 and 1,2900.

I can also imagine a scenario with false downside move during the press conference, just to take stop loss orders below the consolidation range we have for the past 2 weeks and then reversal to the upside. I still hold long position from Wednesday (Sept. 18). It is no risk trade now so I will hold it into the press conference and either get kicked out of it or wait for my target at 1,3660.

I will wait for what clues the market offers during the press conference and after it.

EURUSD - I have closed my second long position from Sept. 18 (Bernanke´s press conference).
9.10.1.jpg

EURUSD - I lead a webinar yesterday for Czech audience. I tried to enter into 2 long trades. I closed the first one for a scratch. Second trade went to profit target this morning.
11.10.png

I tried aggressive short trade this morning but there was no price move to downside so I closed the trade for a scratch. I still would like to go short. I see good targets around Wednesday´s (Oct. 9.) low and around 1,3460 area. I will wait for confirmation of sellers now.
11.10.1.png

Home

EURUSD - I got to my PC later in the afternoon yesterday. I saw good potential for short trade in the area of resistance that I have indicated to subscribers of Forex Expert.

I closed the trade recently after nice selloff. Now I am waiting for pullback to enter again. Targets to downside mentioned in few of my previous tweets are still valid.
View attachment 11666

cfatrader

EURUSD - I had bias to short side this morning. I tried to enter short 2 times in the morning, but price did not test lower. I closed both trades for a scratch. I tried to short AUDUSD as well.
17.10.1.png

Before noon (GMT+1) I changed my bias to long side and opened long position. You can check my postion and target on my website.

Back