EUR/USD Daily Video, June 17, 2011

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Good morning,
our yesterday's trading plan look like has done well. So, if you have short position - keep it, but move stop to b/e and watch out of bullish patterns on hourly chart:

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Fundamentals

Dear Sive and All,
This Sunday we have the discussion on the second aid package to Greece. This will be substantial and is very probable to be positive as the consequences otherwise are too dark also for Germany. In the meantime Greece is getting their installment from the first package anyway without parliament agreement. As this Sunday there will be a vote of confidence to the new cabinet presented by the Government which should be positive this will lead to the approval of the austerity measures subsequently, while the inevitable elections that will follow due to the accompanying unrest will probably lead to a coalition Government, which is what actually EU wants. All of this is probable to create a positive tone to the EUR aided by the extension of QE in the US as you have mentioned. It is a time of caution and opportunities. My favorite strategy: stay aside till Monday at least. Have a nice weekend!

Sive..your analysis has been excellent and I've had a great week. Today i see the upswing in the EURUSD to the 1.47 area as mentioned . You indicate to "move your stop to B/E" ......on any shorts you have. I got caught this am to leave that too close at 1.48 and took the loss. What does B/E mean?? Also....you had said yesterday this was a potential area to enter the short market for those that didnt already have positions.
Am I understanding you correctly ?

Sive..your analysis has been excellent and I've had a great week. Today i see the upswing in the EURUSD to the 1.47 area as mentioned . You indicate to "move your stop to B/E" ......on any shorts you have. I got caught this am to leave that too close at 1.48 and took the loss. What does B/E mean?? Also....you had said yesterday this was a potential area to enter the short market for those that didnt already have positions.
Am I understanding you correctly ?

Hi Ravco,
B/E means breakeven.
Concerning enter "short" - not exactly. You see, when I talk about some perspective I can't foresee in what manner market will reach it. I talk just in general - "if market break this area - watch for that area" and so on.
But enter or not we can say only when market will reach that area - will we see some patterns, reversal signals or not. THis is the next step of work.
Initially I just want to warn that if you'll see this move - do not enter short.
Currently, I still think that market should hit 1.4340-1.4360 Confluence resistance and 1.618 target of current move up.
Then we'll see...

Last edited:
Excellent. Thank you Sive....I understand your need to talk in generalities....you do not have a crystal ball :) ... but your analysis is excellent. Thank you for the great work!

Back