• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FIGfx.com

General discussions of a financial company
No reply from FigFx backoffice

Mr Javier Keeth,

I have sent a query to FigFx backoffice about 3 weeks ago, and have asked them again last week to attend to my query. As I have not received any reply from FigFx backoffice, I will need your help to resolve it.

My account is 116680. On June01, due to data spike, one of my trades was executed with incorrect prices. FigFx has promptly advised me about it, and then issued a "Balance Adj Wrong" credit entry of $59.40, as a credit into my account. However, the account balance as seen in MT4 has not been updated accordingly.

The balance (as seen from the Transaction History, inside the Trader Panel on your website) shows the correct balance of 326.76 (with the Total Deposits of 259.40 = my initial 200.00 + 59.40 adjustment, together with $40.00 bonus & $27.36 profit), but the MT4 only shows 247.72.

Can you help asking the backoffice sorting out this discrepancy as my query had not been answered for far too long. Thanks.

Mr Javier Keeth,

I have sent a query to FigFx backoffice about 3 weeks ago, and have asked them again last week to attend to my query. As I have not received any reply from FigFx backoffice, I will need your help to resolve it.

My account is 116680. On June01, due to data spike, one of my trades was executed with incorrect prices. FigFx has promptly advised me about it, and then issued a "Balance Adj Wrong" credit entry of $59.40, as a credit into my account. However, the account balance as seen in MT4 has not been updated accordingly.

The balance (as seen from the Transaction History, inside the Trader Panel on your website) shows the correct balance of 326.76 (with the Total Deposits of 259.40 = my initial 200.00 + 59.40 adjustment, together with $40.00 bonus & $27.36 profit), but the MT4 only shows 247.72.

Can you help asking the backoffice sorting out this discrepancy as my query had not been answered for far too long. Thanks.

Hello yazzy,

Thank you for writing.
Please do not address the backoffice directly as their mailbox is unattended from outside the domain. They can not communicate with the outside world directly. You can contact the customer support either using the live chat or the support@... email for any inquiries you might have.

When the spike error occurred on our trading server, we:

1- posted an online report immediately at: http://www.figfx.com/archives/behin...important-note-wrong-tick-at-eurgbp-pair.aspx

2- corrected all affected accounts and adjusted the affected trade balaces

--------------

I have reviewed your account, and to be honest the issue you are talking about is a very common one. Nothing new and nothing strange.

In Metatrader, there are 8 types of transactions that can logically happen with an account.

Quote from support.metaquotes.net:
Can take values: "buy","sell","buy limit","sell limit","buy stop","sell stop","balance","credit"

To adjust your balance (which is something we did), we had to perform a transaction of the deposit type. We actually deposited the exact amount you have lost from the wrong quotation that resulted in the spike.

Of course, when you open your online transaction history on our traders website, you will see a (total deposits) of $259.40 as you stated.

In the matter of fact, you never deposited $259.40 into your account. All you have deposited is $200 - the $59.40 is the amount we deposited for you to correct the server error.

So, let's take a closer look at your account together (at the moment):
- You deposited $200.00
- Your profit is $7.72
- Your bonus: $40.00

Amazingly, your account balance is correct, it states $247.72 which is the exact correct number that should have been reflected.

I hope this clears your doubts regarding the issue.
I can guarantee you that your MT4 account statement is 100% correct, you can print it out or generate a PDF and share with an experienced trader to take a look, they will assure you it is just perfect.

You can ask a MT4 admin to get a second opinion on this as this is one of those cases where we are talking technical details more than anything else.

Have a nice day

So, let's take a closer look at your account together (at the moment):
- You deposited $200.00
- Your profit is $7.72
- Your bonus: $40.00

Amazingly, your account balance is correct, it states $247.72 which is the exact correct number that should have been reflected.

I hope this clears your doubts regarding the issue.
I can guarantee you that your MT4 account statement is 100% correct, you can print it out or generate a PDF and share with an experienced trader to take a look, they will assure you it is just perfect.
Thank you for your prompt reply. However, the calculation is not correct. I dumped all journal entries into a spreadsheet, and the results are:

My deposit: 200.00
Profit 27.36
Swap -19.64
Bonus 40.00
----------------------
Total 247.72

The credit of 59.40 is NOT there, that means the initial error caused by the data spike has NOT been corrected. The total profit of 7.72 is only the difference of total profit of 27.36 minus swap of 19.64 = 7.72.

The balance of 326.76 from YOUR website (in the Trader Panel) is the correct one, as you can see

326.76 (balance from your website)
- 59.40 (missing in the MT4 calculation)
- 19.64 (swap cost)
---------------

Obviously, the 59.40 has NOT been calculated in the MT4 balance. So, the final balance should be 247.72 + 59.40 = 307.12, or using FigFx website figures, 326.76 - 19.64 = 307.12, not 247.72 as you claimed. Otherwise, how do you explain the difference between your website balance of 326.76 and MT4 balance of 247.72? Or, should I use your website balance of 326.76 instead?

Rather than discussing these nitty-gritty on FPA, I am happy to do it via email with one of your people from FigFx. I only raised this issue in FPA as I had not received any reply via email for 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Rather than discussing these nitty-gritty on FPA, I am happy to do it via email with one of your people from FigFx. I only raised this issue in FPA as I had not received any reply via email for 3 weeks.

Hello yazzy,

While I do understand your worries, I would really appreciate if you can follow me from a mathematical view. Believe me we are not fighting here for the $57 or $59 bucks.. I am rather explaining a technical issue as there might be other people facing the issue and interested to know how things go.

A quick hint:
- If our website shows you $5000 in "total deposits", it is most probably a mistake by the script generating the HTML you see. The last thing you can expect us to do is to withdraw the $5000 as they were never there.

- Regarding emails, of course. Please feel free to contact support@fig... and the support team will forward me the message. I will be more than glad to discuss it even though there is actually nothing to discuss here, everything is very obvious.

I will start 'again' explaining your MT4 statement, a brief screenshot is attached.
Just follow my steps, and show me where the mistake is.. If it exists, I will correct it for you ;)

1) On May 12th, you deposited $200
2) On May 12th, you were credited a $200 bonus (our 100% may offer)

Balance shall be $400, right?

3) June 1st, a spike occurs affecting an open trade you had, and resulting of a loss to your trade of $59.40 -- This loss is in trade number #2641909, and FIG did compensate you by depositing the incurred loss, as a balance adjustment.

4-5) On June 10th, you completed the required bonus terms, so the $200 bonus was credited out and a $40 was deposited to your account. as per offer terms, based on your pip average

------------

Calculations:

Deposit of $200 on May 12th
Deposit of $40 as May bonus
Deposit of $59.40 as Balance Adjustement

Total: $299.40

As you can see, the MT4 statement shows the exact amount available in your account - $299.40 which reflects your money available at FIG at the moment.

The $59.40 which is making the misunderstanding is "already" calculated in the total P/L in regards to the ticket number in the comment, that is trade #2641909.

If we did not make the correction (Balance Adj.), your trade #2641909 would have resulted in a total P/L less of exactly $59.40 -- And that is exactly why we left the affected ticket number in the comment of the balance adjustment so that you can compare and evaluate your trades correctly.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

PS> Members with more than a single affected trade, will notice multiple balance adjustments with the proper comment for each single affected trade.

Last edited:
Servers force +++

Dear traders.
Since June, 28, 2010 SPEED servers of broker FIGfx became powerful. Commands of the client are processed for part of second. Is not present requotes! Complaints about requotes have lost force.
Ur.

Last edited:
My Opinion about Figfx

I just look around here and found interesting discussion on this forum, as my personal, I think Figfx is not scam because Mr. Keeth still trying to answer all questions closely. if real scam, it waste time to controversy right here, I see that he's still need to keep figfx reputation. and his reply sounds reasonable to me :cute:

Five Tips To Avoid Problems & Delays

I just look around here and found interesting discussion on this forum, as my personal, I think Figfx is not scam because Mr. Keeth still trying to answer all questions closely. if real scam, it waste time to controversy right here, I see that he's still need to keep figfx reputation. and his reply sounds reasonable to me :cute:

Thank you very much for the motivation.

I can assure you, over 95% of all cases we have gone through are caused by a misunderstanding of some rules here or there.. When the client is pinpointed to the right way to do things, we never hear any problem from there again.

Even in cases where some accounts were banned, disabled, set to read only, or even hacked or illegally used, we have compensated the trader in all instances.

For interested individuals, here are the top 5 issues that cause problems from what I've personally seen:

1- Self Rebate
A user signs up for an affiliate account, gets his referral link, then starts referring his mother, father, brother, wife, children, etc.. Or opens the accounts in their names and trades them to make the affiliate commissions. This is strictly forbidden and clearly stated in our affiliate program policy.

2- Managed Accounts
A traders manages accounts for his clients/family, and earns commissions using our affiliate program. This also, is strictly forbidden.

In forex trading, the asset/fund manager gets rewarded a commissions of the profit generated from the managed account itself. Your managed account owner is responsible to pay you for your time and efforts, not the brokers.

3- Illegal Expert Advisers
We have said this loud and clear in many instances and at many places. If you are a forex trader that believes that FAPTurbo, Zealot, GeniusEA and such EA's will make you a millionaire.. Please, find another broker. Do not even bother opening an account or trying our platform, you will be blocked.

Forex, is all about knowledge. That's science after all.
You have to know what charts are, who Fibonacci was, and how to properly identify a trend reversal. You need to know about the US economy, and to know something about Greece's debt. That's what makes money.

On the other hand, if you think buying some well advertised EA, and setting the VPS in 30 minutes is going to make you rich.. do yourself a favor and think again.

Believe me dear reader, 99.99% of the public EA's are crap.
Well coded expert advisers are never sold online; They are property of big money management firms such as CapricornFX or made available to banks and big financial institutions only.

Of course, we have seen nice EA's working and with no problems. Good EA's rely on a mathematical, technical or fundamental event that makes sense and has a relation to market news or trends. There are good EA's and no one denies that, those are welcome as they work with logic. But when an EA like Genius for examples enters 3,500 trades in less than 120 minutes, that has nothing to do with logic and will be banned. EA's that stress our trading servers in order to hunt a few pips will be filtered out in order to give more opportunity to decent traders to reach our servers fast.

4- Document Forgery
I have personally been involved in an investigation where dozens of accounts were opened for people without them even knowing their names were being used to trade forex; they never even heard of FIG or forex at all.

Regarding this point, I will also make it short:
If the documents sent to verify your account are not yours, consider your account banned.

5- Delayed Deposits/Withdrawals
Almost on every page on our website that is related to backoffice operation, it is available in bold that our backoffice operation times are 09:00 CET and until 19:00 CET. The backoffice operation schedule is as follows:
- 09:00 -> 17:00 CET: Processing deposits instantly & working with submitted papers and documentation
- 17:00 -> 19:00 CET: Processing queued withdrawals

Comes a trades on Friday 19:01, submits a withdrawal request, and waits for 12, 24, or even 48 hours but his money is not there.. He tries to click support where also there is nobody waiting for him.. oppaaa, this is a scam company.. and instantly the users heads to FPA and other places and starts shouting SCAM.. :D

----

And one more reason, which is just as true as it is funny:
Black PR is a very old, known method used by some brokerage firms to dominate online. Imagine a firm hiring a team of click-monkeys and paying them just to register at forums and shout about another company being scam and etc.. What a wonderful technique.. you pay some $1000 or $2000 for your click-monkey's and generate a million reasons for the end users searching around to join you.. as your service is better and does not have that load of black reviews.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your nice comment, and would like to take this opportunity to guarantee you again that FIG is here, was here and will be here striving to offer just the best of what financial markets has to offer.

Have a nice week everybody

Last edited:
Next step forward on improvement of speed server system

26.07.2010 I have understood, that FIGfx will carry out the next technical works. The speed of performance of the orders has decreased. Again have appeared requotes. But I understand, that it goes the next step forward on improvement of speed server system. I hope in the correctness.

the trading in my account was disabled.
it is any possibility to resume the trading?
thank you

Mr. Breier,

Nice try I would say, really.
Before heading to the FPA and shouting (i was banned).. have you tried to answer three questions?

- Do you know why your account was blocked?
- Have FIG told you, they will block your account?
- Have all your money been paid to you?

You will notice that what happened is far away from how you tried to describe it. You talked to the chat representative, expressed yourself being unhappy with certain trading conditions.. The chat representative told you that you will be issued a full withdrawal by the end of the day. Just as promised, around 17:15, a full withdrawal was processed.

Finally, No - there will not be a way to continue trading.
There are around 300 MT4 brokers on the internet, you can try any of them.

An account opening contract, is a contract between 2 parties. You the trader, and FIGfx the broker. Just as you can stop trading with us and leave, we decided to stop serving you and leave. As long as we paid you what we own you, you can not force us to serve you futher/again.

Thank you

sgi1981
Yes correct.
We have been working on our trading servers for about 2 hours yesterday where a few requotes were noticed. Nothing serious, you can trade today and check, they're gone.

Thank you for trading with FIGfx Brokers.

Back