• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Forex Avenger is it any good

Lets hope someone from FPA is going to test it someday and give a good review

Greets

Gert

PS school i am at Grade 11 now
Elliot Waves theory is cool :)

Last edited:
If you like Elliot Waves, you should have a chat with Cyclon.

There aren't a lot of FPA reviews on ForexAvenger yet, but I'll bet some more come in over the next couple of weeks. Don't let marketing hype of 1/2 price for a limited time push you into buying - 90% of the time those offers don't expire. If the system really is good enough, then waiting for more information and paying full price will be cheaper than buying 4 or 5 bad systems.

Avenger's FPA reviews are here:

Forex Avenger | ForexAvenger.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

ill just wait have much to study on babypips anyway

but 1 question i already came up with
in the training program they talk about the EMA5 and EMA10 on a daily chart

but i am more of a daytrader dont like to have open positions overnight
so in the training they talk about for daytraders it is good to use 5min 30min and 4 hour charts what are good setting for the Ema on low timeframes is there some formula to calculate for the best setting
also for the RSI and the stockastic

at the moment on the broker tool i use now ( WHSProstation)
and the indicators EMA-5 EMA-10
ADX-Directional movement i use that to see if there is a lot of movement ( i hope that that is the correct way to use it)
and i use the
DynamicRSI that is RSI including bollingerbands i put the code here maybe u guys can do something with it but probably u already have that

indicator DynamicRsi;
// Made by someone
input price = close, Rsi = 14, Bollinger = 20, Ema = 5, hi_baseline = 80, lo_baseline = 20;
draw line("RSI",solid_line,green,1), ema_line("Ema",solid_line,blue,1),
line_mid("Mid BB",solid_line,red,1), line_upper("Upper BB",solid_line,dark_yellow,1),line_lower("Lower BB",solid_line,dark_yellow,1),
line_hi("HI Base",solid_line,black,1), line_lo("LO Base",solid_line,black,1), mid("Mid",solid_line,black,1);
vars i(number), u(series), d(series), au(series), ad(series), dif(number), f(number), tmp(series);
begin
line_hi := makeseries(front(close), back(close), hi_baseline);
mid := makeseries(front(close), back(close), 50);
line_lo := makeseries(front(close), back(close), lo_baseline);
f := front(price);
u[f] := 0;
d[f] := 0;
for i := f + 1 to back(price) do begin
dif := ((price+price+high+low)/4) - ((price[i - 1]+price[i - 1]+high[i - 1]+low[i - 1])/4);
if dif > 0 then begin
u := dif;
d := 0;
end else begin
u := 0;
d := -dif;
end;
end;
au := mma(u, Rsi);
ad := mma(d, Rsi);
line := 100 * au / (au + ad);
ema_line := displace(ema(line,Ema),0);
line_mid := displace(sma(line, Bollinger), 0);
tmp := displace(2 * stddev(line, Bollinger), 0);
line_upper := line_mid + tmp;
line_lower := line_mid - tmp;
end.

here a screen dump of my setup
Forex01.jpg

oke first i am going to finish Babypips and then il ike to know more about Elliot Waves so maybe Cyclon can help me with that

When you are ready

When you are ready to find out about EW I would first encourage reading the book by Frost and Prechter, "Elliott Wave Principle: Key to Market Behavior".

But I know what will happen here... let me just take a stab at it.

Your curiosity and yearning to dig in deep will lead you to purchase a system before long.

SO let me just give you a tip about what to use as a litmus test.

If a system, EA or whatever strategy you investigate advises you to choose a certain pair then it is form-fitted to the recent trading patterns and it will not continue with a strong record if it even has one.

If it is told you what timeframe that it works best on it is the same thing only worse.

You should be aware what dismal prospects this leaves you. BUT...

Your own CHARTS will Never Lie!

8- )

Cheers,
Cyclon

thx for the advice Cyclon
wel right now i am not planning to buy anything i am Dutch and if i can get information for free then i try that first :)
when i begin with trading 1 year ago i was impatient and did start to soon with a life account and afcouse i did loose money
but now i am more patient and take more time to analyze things
i wil going to read about Elliott Wave Principle: Key to Market Behavior
thx for the tip
i did read the book Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques
also very interesting

further my interest is Daytrading/and a bit scalping so i am trying to make a System suitable for daytrading so far i am looking for information on what other daytraders use for there system so i have some comparison
i did find a post here at FPA from TEAMTRADER
and it looks very interesting i did read all he did post and am analyzing all the screenshots
i hope he is stil around here to give some more tips

but if other people here have tips for me like what is a good timeframe
in babypips i did learn 5min 30 min and 4hour?
and what kind of indicators are used inc setting per timeframe
also what news u read if that is needed for daytrading

i say tips for me i have to say tips for everyone i think there are more daytraders looking for a good set of tools and a solid System

Greets

Gert

Last edited:
ForexAvenger.com can be reviewed by you at no cost as it is sold thru ClickBank which has an automatic 2 month guarantee.
Why wait for someone else - your results can be different anyway if everyone doesn't follow the rules as put down.
Thanks.

Gene: D

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great posts in this thread..

Gert,

Most of the best technical, mechanical systems are transferable between time frames and pairs, and any other market as well. Therefore a simple system of two or three MA's and an indicator or two can work equally as well on the weekly charts as the 15 min charts. The wave patterns and geometrics are pretty much the same from one to the other. What you will find is different degrees of volitility and trend, which can be deceiving on a logarithmic chart with a floating price axis. What appears to be similar visualy can be very different due to the difference in the range of prices represented.

Mark McRae isnt all bad. He is a big affiliate marketer, and gets annoying pumping every product offered on ClickBank. Apparently this is easier money than trading. He even said so in one of his e-mails concerning the Avenger. I believe he said that, as he gets older he's more interested in projects that he can just set up and leave, as opposed to the work of trading. But I have gotten useful information from him, his SureFireForex course was one of my first introductions to Forex trading and I found it useful at the time. Now I think most of that information is dated and available for free at sites like BabyPips, that werent available back then.

Lets hope someone from FPA is going to test it someday and give a good review

Greets

Gert

PS school i am at Grade 11 now
Elliot Waves theory is cool :)

Hi Gert
I bought the Avanger and I tried it for a while but do not know if it works because I did not test it very thorough.
I have a feeling that this method has little entry points to make trades.
overigens ik spreek wat NL but am not very good in writing.
My english sucks but can make a conversation.

Did you ever hear about George Smith FOREX MADE E-Z
groetjes
Rainer

Back