• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Why I say waste of time is the fact that you take the same time to input the figures but with the one figure of 0.25 you make much more than 0.1. So why use 0.1 in the first place. And I didnt make any loss last week. Maybe I'm lucky , maybe I'm fortunate. But thats one reason why Im with The Collective. For some reason it dodges some losses some times. Not always. :) and it happened a few times now. BTW I run 0.25 live and its working very well. Lets see from here.

c,mon, the amount of time it takes to input a risk setting is totaly insignificant. What is significant is the risk and reward and the win ratio. .25 can certainly make more than .10, but it can also lose more. Understandably there havent been many losses with MegaDroid, but it is always a factor. If you take a large 100 pip loss at .25, you will lose a quarter of your account. If it then doubles and takes anouther 100 pip loss you will lose half of whats left. This would effectively put you out of the game, or at least out of any profits for a long time to come. Not a big problem if your dealing with a small enough risk account that you can comfortably refund it, in which case its probably worth the high risk. But on a larger account that cant simply be refunded its too high a risk. Everythings great until something goes wrong.

c,mon, the amount of time it takes to input a risk setting is totaly insignificant. What is significant is the risk and reward and the win ratio. .25 can certainly make more than .10, but it can also lose more. Understandably there havent been many losses with MegaDroid, but it is always a factor. If you take a large 100 pip loss at .25, you will lose a quarter of your account. If it then doubles and takes anouther 100 pip loss you will lose half of whats left. This would effectively put you out of the game, or at least out of any profits for a long time to come. Not a big problem if your dealing with a small enough risk account that you can comfortably refund it, in which case its probably worth the high risk. But on a larger account that cant simply be refunded its too high a risk. Everythings great until something goes wrong.
If you don't trust it then you shouldn't use it. If you take any risk and the EA is a losing system then you will lose all your money eventually. At low risk it would only take longer. Why would you want to do that? So that's also then a waste of time. Just the other way around. A winning system will win and why fly a supersonic jet at 100 mph? Fly it at an efficient speed. That's what I'm getting at. If you don't trust it don't fly it. And I have been testing MD for a long time and also back tested it. Then been running it live and still checking it. The higher the capital the less impact a loss has. Maybe a lot of $ loss but it recovers quickly. Any EA system is a risk. But if you use it trust it and run it at the best and effective level. I have just found that 0.25 is good. For your broker 20 might be better or even 15. Please not say 10. That's why the FPA doesn't help much with selling many MD's. Mine is at 25 and I made some similar pips losses. And some no losses when Alpari made a loss. But when I had winning trades its like off the charts comparing to the FPA site. That's not my opinion, That is a fact. I know guys that's been running the FPA way of 0.10 risk for a year and struggle to make any profit. Why? Because any loss takes forever to recover when you run at 10%. Then another thing that something like 0.10 does, it makes you more nervous and negative. For the simple reason that you know how long it would take to recover a loss. I would be scared of a loss at 0.10. On 0.25 you know that a loss would be long forgotten soon. On 0.25 it takes only a few trades to recover. And over the last 10 years it never did a losing trade followed by a double up losing trade and then taking out the account with another trade. It could happen. Maybe but that's a remote maybe. MD is not a gambling type system. I figured it to be a fairly clever system that has most of the odds in its favor most of the time. Don't trust me or believe me. I have nothing to proof. But I'm just smiling at people that works on paper and not with facts or live evidence. Like I say, if its going to take you out, at less risk it would just torture you for a longer period. So my opinion is, if you are not prepared to run this at an efficient risk then rather try something else. The end result would be exactly the same only the time it takes would differ. Yes, and time is money. Why waste it? And another thing. Too many people gamble big money on EA's. Be patient, start with a small amount. Watch it build up. Get to know it. Get used to it. Grow with it. Trust it. And most of the time if you get through all the hoops, you have a winner. But putting on big money makes you think like a gambler. You tentative. And many times, exactly what Murphy says , happens.

Last edited:
If you don't trust it then you shouldn't use it. If you take any risk and the EA is a losing system then you will lose all your money eventually. At low risk it would only take longer. Why would you want to do that? So that's also then a waste of time. Just the other way around. A winning system will win and why fly a supersonic jet at 100 mph? Fly it at an efficient speed. That's what I'm getting at. If you don't trust it don't fly it. And I have been testing MD for a long time and also back tested it. Then been running it live and still checking it. The higher the capital the less impact a loss has. Maybe a lot of $ loss but it recovers quickly. Any EA system is a risk. But if you use it trust it and run it at the best and effective level. I have just found that 0.25 is good. For your broker 20 might be better or even 15. Please not say 10. That's why the FPA doesn't help much with selling many MD's. Mine is at 25 and I made some similar pips losses. And some no losses when Alpari made a loss. But when I had winning trades its like off the charts comparing to the FPA site. That's not my opinion, That is a fact. I know guys that's been running the FPA way of 0.10 risk for a year and struggle to make any profit. Why? Because any loss takes forever to recover when you run at 10%. Then another thing that something like 0.10 does, it makes you more nervous and negative. For the simple reason that you know how long it would take to recover a loss. I would be scared of a loss at 0.10. On 0.25 you know that a loss would be long forgotten soon. On 0.25 it takes only a few trades to recover. And over the last 10 years it never did a losing trade followed by a double up losing trade and then taking out the account with another trade. It could happen. Maybe but that's a remote maybe. MD is not a gambling type system. I figured it to be a fairly clever system that has most of the odds in its favor most of the time. Don't trust me or believe me. I have nothing to proof. But I'm just smiling at people that works on paper and not with facts or live evidence. Like I say, if its going to take you out, at less risk it would just torture you for a longer period. So my opinion is, if you are not prepared to run this at an efficient risk then rather try something else. The end result would be exactly the same only the time it takes would differ. Yes, and time is money. Why waste it? And another thing. Too many people gamble big money on EA's. Be patient, start with a small amount. Watch it build up. Get to know it. Get used to it. Grow with it. Trust it. And most of the time if you get through all the hoops, you have a winner. But putting on big money makes you think like a gambler. You tentative. And many times, exactly what Murphy says , happens.

hi, as i understand, 10% risk of 1k capital is 100, 25% risk of 1k capital is 250, if MD loss 10% capital, mean it loss 100, if MD loss 25%, mean it loss 250, either 10% or 25%, the loss in term of pips is the same. The different is the LOT size when you changing risk figure from 10% to 25%.
Let say MD take 3 trades win to recover the loss of 10%, it will be the same as risk of 25%(take 3 trades to recover also).

Tip,

The risk setting on MD is not the actual risk taken. Most risk settings on EA's are just a position size setting. They usually just calculate a percentage of the free margin for placing a trade. MD may try to take the actual risk into account, its difficult to tell, the stop loss amount is not constant, and it rarely goes to the full stop amount.

rjvw1,

If you do the backtesting, you'll realize the results we have seen recently have been quite good. Go back a year and there were much larger stops that were taken out. All we have seen recently were 50 pip stop losses, which do recover quite quickly. When a winning trade is 10 pips and the system is allowed to double up after a loss, it can recoup a 50 pip loss easily. If the system takes a 100 pip loss it will take longer, and if it takes anouther 100 pip loss while the position size is doubled it will really set the account back for a long time. This does not require a consecutive loss, all it needs is a second, or third, loss, while the position size is doubled.

If you run a larger position size and lose, it will take out a larger percentage of your account, leaving you less capital to use in your recovery. A larger position size will not recover quicker, it will recover slower, because your suddenly working with a much smaller capital base. If you start with $1000 and lose 25% of it, your now working with $750 trying to recoup $250 in losses. If you lose 10%, your working with $900 trying to recoupe $100. Obviously, the smaller loss with the larger capital base will recover quicker.

Further, if you try to run too large of a position size, you will not have enough free margin left to absorb the drawdowns. If your running a 50% position size, 25% doubled, and there is a significant drawdown, you will get a margin call closing all your positions at a loss. Figure, if you run a 50% position size, you have to put up half your account as a deposit in order to trade. If your using 100:1 leverage you have paid 100 pips for a deposit, most brokers require this amount for margin, so you have anouther 100 pips left for drawdown before you get a margin call. This is not something your backtesting will show you.

Further, if MD is run in Aggressive Mode it can open two trades simultaneously, both at the preset risk level. Simply do the math and you can see the peril you put yourself in.

MegaDroid recomends the default setting of 5% up to 10% for conservative trading, smooth equity curve, and easy recovery, and they run about 25% on their own aggressive account, which is a demo account and does show long periods of recovery following large or consecutive losses, and appears to be manually managed, the position sizing varries from year to year, I have seen it as high as 30% and as low as 15%, and sometimes the position size doubles after a loss and sometimes it doesnt.

If you run a large position size be very careful with the Aggressive and Recovery Mode settings. These both have the capabilities of doubling your current risk. Just consider, if your running a 25% risk and the system losses 25% of your account, and then doubles the position size and opens two trades at once at 50% position size each. How long will you survive before you get a margin call? Demo accounts and backtesting dont get margin calls!

Since MD has a very high win rate, and manages to exit most losing trades without major loses, a larger position can be traded successfully and profitably. However, you have to be aware of the limitations and the consequences, and have a plan to deal with these situations.

Last edited:
good thread, I will gather my fund to put on a bigger lot size, but with same risk.
I disable aggressive mode & recovery mode for conservative trading.

good thread, I will gather my fund to put on a bigger lot size, but with same risk.
I disable aggressive mode & recovery mode for conservative trading.

Tip,

Dont simply disregard these two settings, they both work quite well. Aggressive mode just opens a second trade with a 15 pip profit target, only when it has a wide enough range. Most times only the conservative mode trades. If you are already using a conservative risk setting, 5-10%, neither of these settings should present a problem. Try running a 1 year backtest with the different settings and see what you like. Also, I noticed PipBusters account is on display on the Megadroid web site. It seems he took it from 50K to 94K in just over 6 months with a 10% risk setting. I just started a new demo with only Megadroid on it so far, 25% risk setting. I want to see how it does by itself, without my interference.

Got a question ... had this running for a few months when it first came out, then stopped as I was changing brokers. Can't remember why I didn't start it back up but I've got it running now.

My question is this ... in the FPA stats of this EA, one of the notes said that there was a discrepancy in the automatic server time offset and FPA was advised by the MegaDroid people to manually fix the GMT offset time. However, that was several months before the latest version came out in September of 09.

Soooo ... is that still an issue? Do I need to manually set the GMT server time or is the automatic feature working okay for you guys?

Please let me know, I don't want to use the automatic feature if it isn't working correctly. Thanks!!

Got a question ... had this running for a few months when it first came out, then stopped as I was changing brokers. Can't remember why I didn't start it back up but I've got it running now.

My question is this ... in the FPA stats of this EA, one of the notes said that there was a discrepancy in the automatic server time offset and FPA was advised by the MegaDroid people to manually fix the GMT offset time. However, that was several months before the latest version came out in September of 09.

Soooo ... is that still an issue? Do I need to manually set the GMT server time or is the automatic feature working okay for you guys?

Please let me know, I don't want to use the automatic feature if it isn't working correctly. Thanks!!

Auto GMT seems to work fine. Run it on demo for a few days to make sure first. If that was really the issue they fixed it fast, I never noticed it. I basicaly run this on the default settings with very good results.

Back