• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hi, the most important part to me about MD is the broker. And then just all the normal things like recovery and also the % of 0.2 or 0.25. Some people do not agree with this but MD has so much intelligence and I don't think there is another EA that can adapt to the market conditions that well. So just trust it and leave it. It will do the rest. I am running it live on The Collective (a broker club) for 4 months now and I am in a very healthy profit. It made a few losses over this period as normal and I need to pay membership fees every month but it's still in very good profit. In parallel I am running demos and also test other brokers. I can say my best broker for MD is ATC. On everything I tried ATC does the best on a very constant basis. So I would recommend that. I have a profit of 48% on ATC over that past 8 weeks total. That is 21.6% per month. I think it is good since the commission on ATC is 80% of one lot you trade. In other words $8 per full lot of $10 or 80 cents per mini lot. Its sounds a lot and looks a lot but the way MD trades makes that look like nothing.

Megadroid does not have "inteligence", this is just you applying human attributes to a computer program. Megadroid is a well writen program that tests for a stable and wide enough range during select trading hours, and when it finds this it trades it accordingly. It does not adapt or change this proccess, it simply goes through a check list and when things line up it trades. Thats why it goes through such long periods without any trades, and why it trades more often on a commision based broker with low spreads.

It does have good trade management in that it quickly detects when a trade is not going according to plan, or when a trade has been open too long. All it does in responce is to change its internal profit target to 1 pip. Generally this is enough to get out of the trade without any loss. When this doesnt work it will ride the trade to a full stop out, anywhere from less than 50 pips to over 150 pips.

Never blindly trust in anything, question everything, test everything.

Do not be suprised when history repeats itself.

The Collective is a very small, very expensive, unregulated, boutique brokerage. That may, or may not, survive industy changes. It is of benefit to anyone who has enough capital and trades frequently enough to overcome their fees, or got in early enough to get better rates. As of now, I dont believe there are any accounts available, at least none that are affordable. To make this brokerage work for you, you need to trade large lot sizes and very frequently.

ATC seems good. They have very good pricing, their commision is listed as 0.40/lot, they are regulated with the NFA and CFTC, yet have no problems with the hedging and FIFO regulations, they have a $5K minimum deposit, they trade mini lots and mico's after the first 0.10, and claim to offer IRA accounts. Yet they havent responded in over a week. Neither demo account requests or direct e-mails have recieved any responce, which places them in quite a questionable catagory.

Last edited:
Recovery Mode

When Recovery Mode works it produces a very smooth equity curve. Yet it is a Martingale strategy, doubling position size after a loss.

When the Recovery Mode doesnt work as anticipated, and the system takes subsequent losses with the position size doubled, it can destroy the equity curve and take a very long time to recover.

It your initial position size is too large, anything over 0.20 on my broker, FXDD, and the system goes into Recovery Mode, opens simultaneous orders, Aggressive Mode, and goes into drawdown. It will force a margin call, closing all positions in loss.

If you trust Megadroid to handle a double position size occasionaly, why not all the time? If Megadroid can handle a 40% position size after taking a loss, it can also handle it any other time as well. With a confirmed and well documented 95% win rate this will produce a much greater profit over time, especialy during those times when Recovery Mode doesnt work that well.

Aggressive Mode allows the system to open a trade with a higher profit target when the range supports it, it also allows the system to open two orders at once. This doubles up on the risk, and can produce big losses when the system takes double losses with Recovery Mode active.

There is a way around this. If you leave Aggressive Mode on and also turn on the NFA Mode it will be able to use the larger profit target when the range supports it, but will only be able to open one trade at a time. Combine this with a maxed out position size and no Recovery Mode and test this on your system. I show a much higher profit this way when I run backtests, and I've changed my live account to support this.

thanks Ken for the infor on the set up. by the way , do you know when they have Pro vision come out to public? any idea?

thanks Ken for the infor on the set up. by the way , do you know when they have Pro vision come out to public? any idea?

No idea, but if its anywhere as good as the original I'm interested. Their previous advanced model dosent seem to have done much.

hi, Ken. just checking with you. since 3/25 till 4/19. on they website, did not have new trade post it. mean really no trade at all? or just not post yet? does your account have any trade during this period? thanks.
by the way, I am try your setting right now. will let you know the result. thanks again. very rational, this set up. ^_^
I am FXCM (UK) MT4. the speard about 2. thinks about swich to ATC.

hi, Ken. just checking with you. since 3/25 till 4/19. on they website, did not have new trade post it. mean really no trade at all? or just not post yet? does your account have any trade during this period? thanks.
by the way, I am try your setting right now. will let you know the result. thanks again. very rational, this set up. ^_^
I am FXCM (UK) MT4. the speard about 2. thinks about swich to ATC.

The last trades I show on FXDD, FXCM, and ATC are all from last Tue 3/13. I didnt have my platforms on last night.

FXCM US is showing a 3 pip spread right now, which is terrible for the EURUSD. FXDD is almost constant at 2 pips, and ATC is at 0.8 pips with a 0.8 pip commision. ATC has the best prices I have seen, but they're small and new and I'm not sure about their reliability.

so, Ken. almost one month no trade for you on your Megadrodi? ....is that normal? and look like very few people on this thread since this year...wish they meagdrodi works fine.

Hi there

I'm a new megadroid user from Italy and i can say that so far so good. I've already tested the EA on many different demo account with good result, right now i've MD on a small live account with ActivTrades and it seem that is working just fine.
I've been following this thread for some time and eventually i've decided to register to partecipate with you guys.
Ken i've learn through this thread that your experience with MD is quite good, i've follow some of your advises, specially your last MD settings, now i've the EA work also on a demo with TadawulFX running with your settings, if it goes more profitable i will implement the settings also on the live account.

Anyway thank you for you hints!

so, Ken. almost one month no trade for you on your Megadrodi? ....is that normal? and look like very few people on this thread since this year...wish they meagdrodi works fine.

Sorry, I meant last Tue 4/13. No trades in one week, and this is quite normal for Megadroid.

I'm not concerned with how many people are here. More people just makes more confusion. Most new traders like to chase every new toy, until they slow down and evaluate the results.

Megadroid works very well. It doesnt trade often like some other scalpers, but it is profitable, and extremelly reliable.

yes, Ken total agree with you. sometime less people mean less disturb.
my MD have two trade so far since this week. the first one small lose $4.5. second one is winner $350. default set . $50000. open 4.3 lots.all happen around 6 pm EST. and you said before MD will take trade most during the time window. or you saw it was have open trade on other time window as well? the reason that I am ask is if only trade from 6PM EST to 8PM Est ( I am at San Francisco). then I do not need turn on my computer all the time , only let it run during this time window. please advise. thanks Ken.
PS. all trade happen on ATC (0.4speard). and no trade on FXDD(2.6speard) and FXCM(2.5speard). I am just add MB.they said speard are 0.8. looks like MD trade or not the broker speard are big factor. Ken which broker are you use it now? if you do not mind , thanks.

Michael

Back