• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Closed manually...

at 1.26588.....not too bad after all...have to go to work and cant watch all night.

Hope you all come out ok.

Hi John

at this moment MD is still in the trade at 1.2614 so t looks like you done well to close. Anyway he stll done a great job over the last month so if he makes a bad trade, ok, that´s traders life.
I´m glad to stick to Ken´s settings because 1 trade is enough for this wild ride.

closed the trade

with - 44pips :mad:

ok, as we said before there will be a loss sooner or later, here it is. Bad thing but we will now see how the new version is recovering and this is ok for getting more confidence with this one as we had before with vers. 1.21....

always good trading

First Impression

Megadroid 1.30 sucks.

1.21, on my live FXDD account, opened trade long at 1.2644, and closed at 1.2645, for a 1 pip gain.

1.30, on an FXDD demo, opened same trade at 1.2662, and closed at 1.261, for a 44 pip loss.

1.30, on an FXCM demo, opened same trade at 1.26503, and closed at 1.26493, for a 1 pip loss.

1.21 traded as expected. 1.30 failed to perform as expected. There is obviously something different with this program that is out of our control. This is one problem when relying on an EA that someone else has final control of, every update has the potential to be a different EA, and needs to be tested and confirmed before trusting on a live account. Megadroid has been a reliable EA, but something has been changed and it is no longer exactly the same. I would suggest being careful until you have thoroughly tested this version and are sure it can perform as well. I would also suggest writing to Megadroid.com with your complaints and posting them visably on any forum you have access to. This will be noticed and will effect any potential new sales. Hopefully they will respond by fixing the problems they have created. It is quite irresposible of them to issue an update with this kind of change without thoroughly testing it and alerting current users of any changes.

I have no idea how much longer v1.21 will continue to work. It is not mentioned anywhere on their web site, and I have not recieved any corespondence from them, but I will continue to use it and test v1.30 side by side as long as it does run. Perhaps I am wrong and the new version is better. We will see with time.

This loss is already shown on the user submitted account on the Megadroid web page, but their own account doesnt show any trading since 7/28. Perhaps they havent updated it since then, but it was updating automaticaly just like the other.

Thanks Ken

looks like they changed MDs behaviour of closing trades when he went into red reaching during this the break even level. So goin for plus pips no matter how much it will cost and no closing before this or reaching the S/L.
We only can watch this and hopefuly market will go in his trading direction most of the time - and - put our risk level to a lower lower one....

Thanks Ken Did not know 1.21 was still working. Im going back as well. Last night wiped out all my gains and then some for the past three months. Very disheartening to say the least.

The thing that concerns me is that there was a recovery around 2AM ET that would have cut my losses to about 2-4 PIPs and MD did not take it instead riding it down to the SL. It seemed to me that as MD approached 8:00PM ET MD 1.21 would take the best it could get and get out.

Also interesting, my FXDD demo account stopped out at 1.2628, while other live brokers stopped out at 1.2617. Wassup with that.

Another thing I have been watching, tell me if I am nuts, but MD generally has the direction of the market right for about a 3-6 hour period. It may go against in an hour or two but generally right overall. Last night was just wrong by any measure.

Response from MD support

Our customer support team has replied to your support request (ticket # 111196)

The common mistake of some traders is expecting every day or week to be a winner. However in reality you cant compare the trading weeks. Forex market is always changing. You can have a great week and losing week. That is totally normal. The idea is to win in a long run. That's why you need to estimate the strategy performance during the long period of time such as a month or two, not a day or a week. Just leave the new version running and you will see the results.

Back