• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Ted, I did find that version 1.30 will spontaneously open a trade if I made any changes to the risk, etc. once it was up on the chart any time during trading hours. Something to be very careful about. On the other hand, 1.21 doesn't do that.

By the way, there appears to be a provider on Zulu that really impressed me. He lost $20k and stopped trading altogether in March. Then in August, he appears to have taken a trading course and learned how to swing trade. He now has over $80k in earnings (between August and today), making hundreds of dollars in a trade with drawdown under 100 pips. His name is Zulutop5. And, he's only trading $1.00 mini lots, too! I'm impressed!

Cathy

no

trades at Alpari UK live and LiteForex live too. I´m using v1.3 and no trade so far this week. When I look to the charts they are very choppy so well done not to trade....
tedstr, damn, are you on demo? hope so......
hi cathy, ya, that´s impressive. 5 month of learning and then proceed that way, great. I personally do not have the time to learn right now, but within next months. So wintertime will be learning time.......

Last edited:
got

0.8pips at Alpari UK and 1pip at LiteForex.....
have a nice weekend all and
always good trading

Ted, I did find that version 1.30 will spontaneously open a trade if I made any changes to the risk, etc. once it was up on the chart any time during trading hours. Something to be very careful about. On the other hand, 1.21 doesn't do that.

By the way, there appears to be a provider on Zulu that really impressed me. He lost $20k and stopped trading altogether in March. Then in August, he appears to have taken a trading course and learned how to swing trade. He now has over $80k in earnings (between August and today), making hundreds of dollars in a trade with drawdown under 100 pips. His name is Zulutop5. And, he's only trading $1.00 mini lots, too! I'm impressed!

Cathy

Cathy,

This is very interesting. I was just going through some of these trades. Zulu made almost all of his profits on one EURJPY trade long from aproximately 8/24-10/7. He traded mini lots, but he stacked them, and scaled in, 10-12 mini lots at a time over about 10 buys, so by the time he ws done he had well over 100 individual trades open. Most of these trades closed with about 500-900 pips profit each.

None of the other trades were this good, some used multiple mini lots, but none scored the number of pips profit this trade did. Most of the other trades lasted for a couple of hours to a couple of days and made between 20-50 pips, sometimes a bit more. I can see from the open orders that they do this with a huge stop loss and often wait for days just to get a few pips.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Also after going over his trades, I could see that he went into a trade in the opposite direction of the market. I'm also not so sure the trades are wise choices. Some trades appear to have been opened without assessing the trend and appear impulsive. I earned some money though.

I believe he decided to earn back the lost money through swing trading. Then to accomodate other traders, he switched to shorter term trades to balance off the longer term open trades.

I can say that losing money with MD has forced me to learn how to read and use indicators, currency strength, and learning about money management as well. The next step is making better choices and getting out of a trade instead of holding onto it.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. Also after going over his trades, I could see that he went into a trade in the opposite direction of the market. I'm also not so sure the trades are wise choices. Some trades appear to have been opened without assessing the trend and appear impulsive. I earned some money though.

I believe he decided to earn back the lost money through swing trading. Then to accomodate other traders, he switched to shorter term trades to balance off the longer term open trades.

I can say that losing money with MD has forced me to learn how to read and use indicators, currency strength, and learning about money management as well. The next step is making better choices and getting out of a trade instead of holding onto it.

Yes, there are lots of things to learn for manual trading, and much of it seems centered around ourselves, more then the markets. The best/easiest way to always get out of a trade is to plan the exit, both win and lose, in advance, and always put stops and targets in the market immediately. Of course this then forces other problems, such as perfecting the timing and placement and managment of these stops and targets, and thats where the endless study comes in.

In reviewing Zulu's trades it became obvious that one of the biggest changes he made was basicaly removing the close stops. The trades from March, that no longer show, all stoped out rather quickly for small loses. When he switched to huge stops he stoped losing, even with poor timing skills. Of course one loss at this level could wipe out months of work.
I still havent been able to figure out his timing triggers, and this is what I like to do. I learn a lot by disecting other peoples and robots trades, and figuring out what makes them work or fail. His trades dont appear to be technical in nature. They dont line up well with trend lines, support lines, common oscillators, etc. They may be coming from some sort of fundamental recomendations.

The next thing that was most interesting was how much money he made by holding that long trend and scaling in big. This bothers me from my own trading because I have seen it, realized it, and commented on it in my own notes so many times. Going back through my own trading history, I would have to say that the most and easiest money I have made, in any market, was from aligning myself with a long term trend and holding a position, building on that position, and trading within that position. And yet, I always get caught chasing the short term moves, sometimes profitably, sometimes not?
The short term intraday moves do have the potential to increase an account expponentialy and rather quickly if done right, but they lack the depth of analysis that a longer term move allows, they lack the ability to scale in easily, and they lack the ability to short term trade within them, and they lack the ability to collect daily rollover interest. See a pattern? I'll have to learn how to kick myself in the head. As I alluded to above, most trading problems are internal rather than external. Its easy enough to see what and why, but doing it is always a dilema.

2 trades

anybody here or all on vacation? :)
MD took 2 trades this night, 1st one with -0.6pips and 2nd with +15.1pips....

My Megadroid was on vacation. I was working on the platform and didnt want to start it in the middle of the session. I have switched the MD 1.3, and I have installed MD on 2 chart windows, 1 Aggressive True, and 1 Aggressive False. This will be an interesting test since each new order will scale down according to the the current free margin. With our new 50:1 rulings this may be useful.

Last edited:
MD night

put my MD setting back to aggressive=false because of the risk of 20% and trading The H too plus the new FUS.
Anyway, he opened a trade last night with 6.2 pips :)

always good trading

Back