• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Advanced Setting?

Has anybody here tried the Advanced Setting? The ones that are mentioned in the M/Droid Forum and can be obtained for $30 elsewhere. They are talking about having an increase in the trading numbers by up to 3 times. Is that good???

I didn't think you could alter the setting too much.

Has anybody here tried the Advanced Setting? The ones that are mentioned in the M/Droid Forum and can be obtained for $30 elsewhere. They are talking about having an increase in the trading numbers by up to 3 times. Is that good???

More trades = more risk. That's axiomatic. Moreover, trades beyond MegaDroid's usual trading hours carry huge risk. In brief, I wouldn't trust anything that does not come directly from MegaDroid's developers.

I dont think there is much that can be altered in this robots settings, but as PipBuster points out, its the trading hours that can be altered, through using multiple charts with different gmt offsets. The default setting trades for only 2hrs a night, from gmt 9-11. By changing the offset you can allow this bot to trade at any time you want. Just be careful because its designed to range trade a non trending market, and the potential losses are considerably higher than the gains.

smiles.jpg
With three more trades yesterday (all profitable as usual), MegaDroid has now hit +$11 011.39 of pure profit on my ATC account in less than three months: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world . On the FXCBS account ( MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world ) four trades continue to stay open - just goes to show a huge difference between various brokers, including the ECN ones.

Finally after 5 days of NO trade activity, 2 trades opened for the past 2 days...

All end up in profit

sell 0.80 eurusd 1.4420 1.4457 1.4360 2009.08.04 03:11 1.4405

buy 0.80 eurusd 1.4405 1.4356 1.4455 2009.08.06 00:47 1.4415

Keep it up Megadroid !

Lets spread the Good Word ! :p

Limits

I have downloaded most of the MT 4 platforms that have ok ratings(and some not ok) on FPA. I have pushed them to the limits with Megadroid. Three key things stand out. Firstly, time offset is critical. But that's also common sense. Secondly risk level. And then thirdly, and I think most importantly, the brokers feed. In other words what you feed into it. Ok. With the risk you have to check your broker and you account type. What the minimum lot sizes are that the specific broker works with. Very important. If the lot size is 0.01 Like Alpari mini, then you can start with $10 and even $5 no problem if you start at a good month. A bad month is one with a loss or two. It could wipe your initial $5. It would not easy take out $10 with 0.01 lots. And if you start that low then use 20% risk. Its ok. 20% is fine with any amount on Alpari mini account. If you use a trader like FXCM and a standard account of 0.1 minimum lots then you need $1000 to start with safely and start with 15% risk. Or setting of 0.15. Then you will be ok. All brokers perform differently and you need to check. I have found that because of the way Megadroid trades , it could be a waste to trade to low a risk. With my tests I have found that between 5 to even 15% you not really risking more but the profit difference is huge. So if you have enough bottom in your money pool you will not hit it. But the end result is much better with a few % extra risk. Its like holding back something for no reason. I have found that 25% risk is very good on most brokers once you get going. With some brokers you can start off with 25% risk and no problems. Even with some very big losses the built in loss recovery and intelligence of Megadroid fights back and gets every cent back and more. Watch the graph after a major loss. It goes back with a baseball bat and cleans out. At the end risk is directly related to what kind of broker you are working with. Good brokers demos would be the same or close to real. So test it on demo to see. If the drawdowns are too big go for less risk. Look for bad months and test the risk there. That's also a way to find a good broker. Weigh up the pros and cons of every broker. It really helps to do your homework because most of the problems with trading and Megadroid is because of a lack of knowledge of the settings and the parameters of the broker you working with. That is things like spreads and some built in pips they take from you. And although the candles look more or less the same, zoom in and compare. They not all the same on every brokers platform.Some play tricks and you don't know it. Megadroid is fine tuned and would pick up small diffences and could trade it differently and make losses that you did'nt expect.Megadroid would put different lot sizes on different brokers platforms because of the combination of risk and spread. Every broker runs differently and for that reason Megadroid would trade differently with different brokers because of the built in intelligence in Megadroid. It would do a nice run on one and not even trigger on the next. Bottom line is that Megadroid is great and it works well. All depends what you feed it and how you set offset and risk. Do those three correct and sit back. And I have no connection with them other that I am a very happy user.:)

Last edited:
I've been running two instances of MD on the same account for some time now, and even on the same broker, same account, they often trade differently. Last night they opened simultaneous trades which went the wrong direction before coming back to get closed at breakeven. Earlier in the week it was either one or the other, not both, and I have seen other times where they stagered their trades considerably, catching much different moves, sometimes in opposite directions. Again this is on the same account, using the same settings.

Also, MD appears to not trade for periods of time when there is no apparent reason why, beyond simple trading filters this appears more like a programed pause.

This is all a great way to eliminate broker targeting, and to break up the conjestion from many instances of MD all trying to trade at the same time.

Back