• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Over the week that has passed, MegaDroid made 5 more profitable trades in a row

Ditto, my live account with FXDD has seen one 10 pip trade every night. Interestingly though my demo account has not, the trading on my AlpariUS demo has been sporatic, the opposite of what happened a month ago when my demo accounts were all trading and my live account sat stagnant. Also I havent seen an aggresive 15 pip trade in quite some time.

I have to say that I am impressed with this robots ability to trade differently on different accounts, even using the same broker, and its ability to not trade, or to not trade aggressively when its conditions arent met.

This has been one of the best EA purchases I have made to date, and the only EA that I am currently running on a live account.

Confusion

It's been a month since I purchased Megadroid and have been using on my live mini account with FXDD and InterBank FX. Apart from occasional trades, it does not trade much. I see that the EA trades atleast one trade per day on other live accounts.
What am i missing? Can some one give the parameters/settings for Megadroid for these two brokerages
Regards:)

Joseph,

There are no special settings. In fact if you read the user manual and check the input parameters there really isnt much to change at all. This is a very simple EA from a users perspective.

The reason it hasnt been trading that often has little to do with your settings. The market hasnt been offering much during its trading hours. My two accounts have only seen about 5 trades apiece so far this month, and those have all been from the conservative trading mode. There just hasnt been enough of a trading range to support the more aggressive trading mode.

As far as the settings that are available. You need to set how you will handle the risk, fixed lot size or a percentage of the free margin, and Recovery Mode on or off. You can choose to turn the Stealth Mode, Aggressive Mode, and Auto GMT on or off, and you should consider changing the Reference Numbers periodicaly, really only important on a live account, and even then probably only important if you are trading more than micro and mini lots. Thats all there is...

I run with Stealth, Aggressive, and AutoGMT on, a 20% risk setting and Recovery Mode off.

What a shock to the system !!!

Hi fellow traders,
I have been running MegaDroid for quite some time now on demo, and recently I have started a live account also. Both accounts are doing OK, positive trading results.
I had an interesting experience, however, a few days ago, so I thought I would share this with all the members.
I was away from my computer for a couple of days, so I did not know what was happening, but when I got back to my computer and looked at the chart, I thought I was seeing things. (see chart attached).
On 15 June, 23:23 hours, the Droid took on 2 trades, only seconds apart.
The first closed after 25 minutes with a TP of $711.
The second trade (blue box), however, was kept open for almost 48 hours, so I closed it manually on 17 June at 22:09 hours (blue box). The TP was a very healthy $6,962.80. (+169 pips)

What I am concerned about is the following.
Firstly, how come the Droid went up +207 pips, when the manual states that the TP=15, although this supposedly varies? - HOW MUCH?

Secondly, if the trend went the other way and the Droid did not close the trade at max. SL=150, then the account would have been decimated?

Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks
PipBear

Attachments

• megadroid 15jun09.gif
    megadroid 15jun09.gif
    56.5 KB · Views: 50
Need Help-MegaDroid Not Trading At All

Hello to everyone, newbie here, but not to trading. If anyone can help me with my MegaDroid, I would greatly appreciate it. It appears MD will not place a trade because the MegaDroid.dll file is being blocked by my computer. I sent the following message to the folks at MD.

"I've done some additional investigation after my initial ticket. It appears that "Unblocking" (as a result of reading the experts log as suggested on page 83 of the manual) the MegaDroid.dll file in the libraries folder is not working (getting the "uninit reason 5" message but no "error 126"). I have unblocked the file, clicked "Apply" and re-opened the file to see if the unblocking stays unblocked, it does not. It appears that the system wants to block this dll file. I have checked this setting on my other robot systems in their respective library dll files and they are not being blocked."

Try Megadroid forum...

Hi FXMark,

I've never heard of this error message before and Megadroid Support are not very helpful sometimes...

Sometimes I just reword my message to them in the Ticket and you get another operator who will respond with a better answer for you...

Or try Megadroid forum... www.forexmegadroidforum.com - there's lots of Megadroid traders over there who may have heard of this or may be able to offer some help to you...

Colleen ;)

Moderator www.forexmegadroidforum.com

Megadroid users have said it can trade through one broker only. You are trading 4 different accounts with seperate brokers. Do you own 4 versions of Megadroid? If not, how do you do it?

Back