• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
JRSmith

Two more profitable trades for me today on my IBFX account (MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world) and one more on FXDD (MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world).

As for my Alpari account, there was a small glitch with the MT4Stats site - the robot took profitable trades on it both today and yesterday, but they were not displayed on the streaming statement. Now everything is fixed: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world :)

Hi Pipsbuster
Which VPS do you use? (so many to choose from)
thanks
jimbo

I am now through one month of Forex MegaDroid forward testing. Not only it was quite a pleasure to see the robot's profitable trading - I'd say silencing the hysterical critics who were screaming "Get a refund! Now!!" to those that decided to give MegaDroid the benefit of doubt was way more enjoyable :).

So the results are as follows (I was using the safest settings - the conservative strategy at 5% risk):

IBFX - up to $3524.46 from $3000; 17 trades, 16 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

Alpari UK - up to $3324.27 from $3000; 13 trades, 13 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

FXDD - up to $3333.50 from $3000; 13 trades, 13 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

I am now going live with this robot and will keep you posted on my further progress.

Impressive. I look forward to seeing your live results.

I am now through one month of Forex MegaDroid forward testing. Not only it was quite a pleasure to see the robot's profitable trading - I'd say silencing the hysterical critics who were screaming "Get a refund! Now!!" to those that decided to give MegaDroid the benefit of doubt was way more enjoyable :).

Drat. I was hoping to be allowed to be a hysterical critic. :p

I have been forward testing, on aggressive mode, this since the day this came out, FXDD demo, Alpari demo, and FXDD live. Not a loss yet on any account, although they do ocasionaly take different trades, or omit a trade one of the other accounts pick up.

So far this EA has proven itself to be extremely accurate. Generally opening buy trades near the bottom of the range and sell trades near the top. It profit taking has been good as well, often taking less than the full profit if the trade doesnt work out as well or as fast as intended.

I would still caution any more excitable, or newer traders agaist overleveraging. Even though we have a very accurate track record so far, anticipate the inevitable losses, and dont set yourself up for a big fall.

PipBusters settings are conservative and should work well for anyone who is trading this on a larger account. My own methods although different, have a similarly conservative risk allowance. I simply allocate a small portion of my risk capital to a dedicated account with a higher risk setting. Either way, the idea is not to blindly trust an unknown situation with a large portion of your money.

Last edited:
To adjust or not for daylight savings time?

Daylight savings time in Europe ("European Summer Time") began at 01:00 GMT on 29 March 2009. Everyone moved their clocks forward by 1h on the last Sunday in March.

European Summer Time will end at 01:00 GMT on 25 October 2009. Everyone will need to move their clocks back by 1h on the last Sunday in October.

Alpari's server time is normally GMT+1, but during European Summer Time it is GMT+2, which the automatic GMT offset feature of MegaDroid correctly determines.

However, a question you should ask is whether you should actually be using the adjusted GMT offset.

When you backtest MegaDroid, I presume that no adjustment for daylight savings time is performed, so the GMT offset remains constant. If this is true, then the EA has been optimized to use a constant GMT offset. So during live trading, if you then instead use a GMT offset that varies, you cannot be sure that you will get the same kind of results as a backtest, because you are using different input parameters.

I decided to test how MegaDroid performs with proper adjustment for daylight savings. Such a test can be conducted a number of ways. One way that you can try yourself is to run the Strategy Tester a number of times, each time using appropriate date ranges and appropriate GMT offset for each range. You can then aggregate the seperate results using a tool like ReportManager | MQLsoft - [mql, programming, programmer, service, coding, mql4, ea, forex, trading, automated, metatrader, indicator, expert advisor, ea, strategy, ea programming, robot, custom indicators, algorithmic, professional, free, download].

I have found that with the GMT offset adjustment, the profit is about the same or lower, and the profit factor is lower. So my findings indicate that it's better not to change the GMT offset during daylight savings time. i.e. disable the automatic GMT offset feature in MegaDroid.

I welcome you guys to do the test yourself and see if your results agree with mine. If they do then the the test that is being done here (Forex MegaDroid Metatrader Expert Adviser Test by Forex Peace Army.) should also have the GMT offset set at a constant value (1 for Alpari) and not adjusted for daylight savings time which it currently is.

Last edited:
What I've said above is mainly relevant to those who are using MegaDroid on Alpari, who adjusts their own server time during daylight savings time.

However, for those who use a broker whose GMT offset is fixed year-round, then you'd need to add 1 to your GMT offset value in MegaDroid during daylight savings time (if you agree with what I said in my previous message).

An important question to answer in all of this is:

Should we be keeping to the European clock instead of the GMT clock?

i.e. does the price behavior that we are trying to catch occur between 22:00 and 00:00 European time regardless of the time of year?

Or does it occur between 21:00 and 23:00 GMT time regardless of the time of year?

Based on my findings, I think the first case is truer than the second.

Last edited:
Just a brief update for those following my MegaDroid whereabouts. This week I am finally launching the robot on a real account on IBFX (will post the live statement link here once this is done). In the meantime, I also decided to give it a try with an ECN broker - brokers of this type charge comission for every trade yet do not manipulate the market data and thereby do not trade against you. My live results are available at MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world (5% risk, default settings). The broker's name is ATC.

Back