• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
The second week of my Forex MegaDroid forward testing is over. The results are as follows (streaming live through the MT4Stats site at the below links):

IBFX - the account balance went up to $3253.46; 9 trades, 8 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Alpari UK - the account balance went up to $3190.35; 8 trades, 8 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

FXDD - the account balance went up to $3214.00; 8 trades, 8 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Forex.com - the account balance went up to $3178.00; 8 trades, 8 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

How did it go for those of you who are also using it? Please, share your results with the rest of the community.

That's the very reason for which I chose to stay on the safe side with the risk level set to only 5%. Never encountered error 138 as well.

That does tend to require a lot of unused capital if the account is dedicated to MegaDroid. I opted for a small account size with a higher, 20-30% risk setting, no RecoveryMode, that could be devastating at this risk level. I still manually daytrade this account ocasionaly, but this way the entire account can be at risk without greatly affecting me, or imparing my other trading.

That does tend to require a lot of unused capital if the account is dedicated to MegaDroid. I opted for a small account size with a higher, 20-30% risk setting, no RecoveryMode, that could be devastating at this risk level. I still manually daytrade this account ocasionaly, but this way the entire account can be at risk without greatly affecting me, or imparing my other trading.
As for myself, I never use more than one EA or manual strategy per account - to level off the risks, among other things. If I did, I'd be more than often getting the margin call ever before the drawdowns retract.

As for myself, I never use more than one EA or manual strategy per account - to level off the risks, among other things. If I did, I'd be more than often getting the margin call ever before the drawdowns retract.

Do you run many other EA's? I know you were testing AutoTrader, and it did seem to have promise at first, but that quickly faded when they updated it. And they refused to refund my money when I complained.

Anyway, I'm not sure I agree with all of what you said. If the EA or trading system uses an automatic stop, then you know your risk ahead of time and theres really little concern about getting a margin call. The only time I worry much about margin calls is if theres no stop and I'm running an unlimited risk.

If we only run one EA or strategy per account, and we know ahead of time the maximum risk involved. Is it better to run a large account with a small risk setting, or a small acount with a large risk setting? Either way we stand to lose the same amount of money, its just a matter of where we hold our money, and how we fund our account.

My feeling is that a small account with a higher risk setting, where the entire account is within my risk parameters, is a better choice than a larger account with a lower risk setting. In this way the extra money is not even offered to the account, and theres no chance of it becoming involved unless I add additional funding.

This is just how I've always looked at money managment. From the begining I've controlled my risk through the account size first. This is the only thing that has kept me from losing it all, and even so there were some big mistakes in the begining that cost me a lot, but never more than what I was willing to put into an account.

Do you run many other EA's? I know you were testing AutoTrader, and it did seem to have promise at first, but that quickly faded when they updated it. And they refused to refund my money when I complained.

Anyway, I'm not sure I agree with all of what you said. If the EA or trading system uses an automatic stop, then you know your risk ahead of time and theres really little concern about getting a margin call. The only time I worry much about margin calls is if theres no stop and I'm running an unlimited risk.

If we only run one EA or strategy per account, and we know ahead of time the maximum risk involved. Is it better to run a large account with a small risk setting, or a small acount with a large risk setting? Either way we stand to lose the same amount of money, its just a matter of where we hold our money, and how we fund our account.

My feeling is that a small account with a higher risk setting, where the entire account is within my risk parameters, is a better choice than a larger account with a lower risk setting. In this way the extra money is not even offered to the account, and theres no chance of it becoming involved unless I add additional funding.

This is just how I've always looked at money managment. From the begining I've controlled my risk through the account size first. This is the only thing that has kept me from losing it all, and even so there were some big mistakes in the begining that cost me a lot, but never more than what I was willing to put into an account.
It's not that I wouldn't be aware of the risk levels ahead of time - it's the matter of me not always having sufficient funds to be able to successfully test two or more EAs/strategies on the same account. If the drawdowns for both happen to coincide in time (which is not all that rare) - here you go with the margin call. :eek:oh:

I have taken down my Forex.com account because it was a bit of an overload for my VPS (virtual private server). As for MegaDroid, it keeps raking in, both yesterday and today. The situation is now as follows (as a reminder, the initial balances on all accounts were $3000):

IBFX - up to $3361.86; 12 trades, 11 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Alpari UK - up to $3272.19; 11 trades, 11 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

FXDD - up to $3286.00; 11 trades, 11 wins: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

If you got questions, feel free to ask.
Have a nice weekend, everyone!

It's not that I wouldn't be aware of the risk levels ahead of time - it's the matter of me not always having sufficient funds to be able to successfully test two or more EAs/strategies on the same account. If the drawdowns for both happen to coincide in time (which is not all that rare) - here you go with the margin call. :eek:oh:

Yes, but,
most of this is dependant on knowing the risk and choosing a risk level. Running more than 1 EA or trading system on a single account has less to do with the funding, which can be adjusted for through the size of the trades, than it has to do with the ability to see and analyze whats going on.

Even a $250 account can safely run more than one EA of it has micro lots, and the EA's used a fixed max risk level. Thats really not as much of a concern to me as allocation of capital, especialy with limited funds. My risk funding for testing and running EA's is extremely limited. But, as long as I'm using the LLR, and only opening trades with a set percentage of the free margin at risk, I have little to worry about a margin call. The only time I've seen, or come close to a margin call has been from running unlimited risk EA's that dont use stops, or Martingale. In which case all the extra margin room is needed just to survive.

But in the case of this EA, all the extra capital is completely unused, and just acts as an unnecessary buffer, diluting the profits and taking capital from other operations.

If you ran a 20% risk level instead of 5%, and reduced the account size proportionately to 1/4 the original, you would still have the same dollars at risk, and 3/4's of the account balance would be available for other work, or for safe keeping. You would also limit the total risk in case of a major blow up, or computer error.

5% or lower risk levels are usualy conditional numbers, based on the idea that one is running a larger account in relation to the total portfolio, or that one is running multiple positions, or simply to compensate for a poor win/loss rate.

Just my feelings on risk managment, obviously we all have our reasons.

Back