• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Major brokers areant going to simply shut you down, its too obvious. If your winning often and trading large its much more likely they will trade against you and delay your orders, or requote you.

Stealth Mode is nothing new, and it wont get you past ODL's rules unless they choose to let you. ODL was the first broker to try to ban FAP-T, and FAP-T uses the same Stealth Mode, as do many other EA's. All Stealth Mode is, is internal and external stops and targets, so the EA dispays one set of stops and targets to the market, and keeps the true settings internaly. This makes it difficult to hunt stops, or determine the EA's methods, and it still keeps set stops in the market in case you lose connection.

This doesnt make an EA invisible. When an EA trades theres still a reference ID number in the comments column. So they know its an EA trading, and not a manualy placed trade. MegaDroid recomends changing this number frequently, which is a fine idea, but if a lot of people all trade the same EA, and all take the same trade at the same time, it doesnt matter how invisible they are, they're going to be seen.

The only real way to avoid broker related problems is to trade longer term and keep your stops to yourself..

Bye the way, MegaDroid support is lame. Their only purpose is to help people get set up. Their reply to my questions were the usual canned answers and didnt even attempt to address the problem. I told them so, however my robot traded accross all acounts last night, the exact same trade MegaDroid shows on their web site. The only thing I did, and I dont know that this is any cause, was to remove the TradeviewFx platform from my computer. I dont know how this could affect anything, but I'll watch it going forward, and perhaps reinstall it and see what happens.

Another thing that's to our advantage is a rather rigid and constantly growing competition among brokers. This aspect sure prevents many of them from becoming excessively ruthless in their manipulative practices, for they know that there are always competitors ready to take over their customers, should the latter get considerably dissatisfied.

Also, Ken, please, consider posting your statements here or hooking up your accounts to the MT4Stats site like I did. It sure will be interesting to many.

Another thing that's to our advantage is a rather rigid and constantly growing competition among brokers. This aspect sure prevents many of them from becoming excessively ruthless in their manipulative practices, for they know that there are always competitors ready to take over their customers, should the latter get considerably dissatisfied.

Also, Ken, please, consider posting your statements here or hooking up your accounts to the MT4Stats site like I did. It sure will be interesting to many.

This is definately true. Most Forex traders I know have multiple accounts with different brokers and pick and choose between them. The Forex market has made it incredibly easy to demo different platforms, and compare similar orders/trading styles, or EA's to find the best results.

I havent considered running live account statments like yours. My accounts dont generally have that degree of stability. Untill recently I've been making drastic changes rather frequently, testing crazy ideas, worthless EA's, off the wall optimizations, etc. I'm really not set up to run dedicated accounts like yours. Eventualy, perhaps, but this robot testing is just something I do along with my other work, all on the same laptop, often on the same trading platform.

I would also like to caution those who are tempted to use and/or distribute illegal copies of Forex MegaDroid mistakenly thinking that there is no way for the robot's developers to find out about it. They might do it selectively, based on the CB receipt numbers - once they notice that the same CB receipt number is being used for authentication by many users. Likewise, they might track down only those users whose CB receipt number is used for authentication by others. They won't need to obtain any information from the user's computer for it - it is enough for them to look up the info in their sales database.

MegaDroid EA test

I installed MegaDroid March 31, 2009 and opened a 10k demo account with FXDD. I also have a live account with them.

The robot sat idle for days but then started trading 0.1 lots long and short with small pip gains. I had all the settings set to default. I changed the risk level from the 0.0 default to 0.35 and it started trading larger lots. The last trade netted $448 with 2.8 lots. The overall account size is now $10,514.35.

This weekend I installed revision 1.10 and reset the risk level to 0.25. I will let it run another week or two on demo before turning it loose on the live account.

According to their literature, the robot only trades the overnight sessions and does not trade Sunday or Friday.

So far there has been no loosing trades.

I will be eager to hear what results others are having.

Last edited:
0.1 fixed lot is the default level, untill you manualy set the Risk Level.

I've been running on FXDD live and demo since this came on the market. It ran great the first week, and then stoped taking trades for 2 weeks, even on the demo accounts, which is very unusual. It seems to have started trading again, so I may have more to report this week.

By default the robot only trades 2 hours, from 9-11 gmt. In the original version you could see the robot switch from waiting to running at these times, now it seems to run all the time, but still only trades during the set hours.

The first week of my Forex MegaDroid forward testing with four different brokers is over. Below is its brief summary with links to my streaming account statements (the initial balance on each account was $3000).

IBFX: $3137.10, 5 trades, 4 wins, with 1 more profitable trade currently open bringing the account's total up to $3168.78. Streaming statement: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Alpari UK: $3146.66, 5 trades, 5 wins. Streaming statement: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

FXDD: $3115.60, 5 trades, 5 wins. Streaming statement: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Forex.com: $3084.40, 4 trades, 4 wins. Streaming statement: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Yesterday's only trade on my IBFX account which failed to reach the TP level eventually closed with a small loss. Yet is was far outweighed by today's two new trades both of which closed in profit on all four accounts. Hence, the current situation on my accounts is as follows:

IBFX - balance went up to $3198.86: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Alpari UK - balance went up to $3185.85: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

FXDD - balance went up to $3151.60: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

Forex.com - balance went up to $3118: MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

How is it going for those of you who are also testing this robot?

Yesterday's only trade on my IBFX account which failed to reach the TP level eventually closed with a small loss. Yet is was far outweighed by today's two new trades both of which closed in profit on all four accounts.

Same trades, on Alpari and FXDD(live and demo), but my accounts didnt take the loss Monday. 8 pip gain Mon., 10 pip and 5 pip on Tue. I'm glad to see that this robot is capable of taking partial gains when neccessary. I would still like to see that it is capable of taking a small loss as well. I know that its capable of taking those 1 pip gains on a losing trade, but I would still like to see that it can take a calculated loss before hitting the full stop out target.

FAP-T's been choking these past few weeks, while MD has been cleaning up..

Back