• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
pipsbuster - thank you

Hi

I just wanted to say Thank You to pipsbuster for posting everything since the beginning of this thread. I agree with most of your approach and logic. Its given me some confidence in this confusing market and I hope that I can follow you with the same model for ATC/megadroid.

right now i'm still testing megadroid with IBFX and Alpari US.

ATC really a white label for FXCM UK?

Pipsbuster, I just looked at ATC and they appear to be a white label for FXCM UK since July 2009. What kind of spreads do you get from them?

I currently am getting spreads of 20-25 pips from FXCM and actually I have a micro account with FXCM, so I'm wondering if I should just stay with FXCM and move to up a bigger account, although i'm here in the US, so I don't get the benefits of hedging that were blocked by NFA regulations back in July....

Your suggestions most welcome

Forex MegaDroid has woken up again: two more profitbale trades on my ECN account with ATC ( MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world ) and three more with FXCBS ( MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world ).

VPS fail safe?

For those of you running Megadroid on a VPS, are you in stealth mode or are you exposing your stops?

I realize that it is probably better to run Megadroid on a stealth mode so that the Broker can't requote, however:

if the VPS goes down, wouldn't an open trade put you out of the money or incurr large losses without setting a stop or take profit on the broker's side?

Or is this just a risk people take?

I see that Megadroid is still on offer for 97USD for the first 200 purchasers. Are sales really that slow, or are they being less than 95.82% accurate when they say that prices will shoot up after the first 200 sales?

Megadroid did go up to $149 after the first selling wave. but they seem to have droped the price back down. MD is very acurate, but it doesnt trade that often, and for $149 most people expect a bit more.

When MD runs in stealth mode it does put stops and targets in the market, they are just farther out than the internal levels.

If your getting a 2-2.5 pip spread and all the NFA rulings on a FXCM micro account thats not particularly good. Look for a different broker, FXDD has a constant 2 pip spread and allows all trading. They are not currently regulated by the NFA, but they are currently in the proccess of registering. They are fully compliant without changing any trading because all their accounting is position based. GallantFx is a bit smaller, and unregulated, but they were recomended by the FAP-T Experts Guide, and they do have better spreads. And FxPro, (though it is based in Cyprus, and I dont know how much I trust Cyprus), has fantastic spreads, and is regulated by many different European agencies, and not the NFA. I'm sure thare are others, but those are the ones I use. I wouldnt bother runing EA's on any broker who tried to impose the NFA's rulings on me. There are just too many ways around it.

For those of you running Megadroid on a VPS, are you in stealth mode or are you exposing your stops?

I realize that it is probably better to run Megadroid on a stealth mode so that the Broker can't requote, however:

if the VPS goes down, wouldn't an open trade put you out of the money or incurr large losses without setting a stop or take profit on the broker's side?

I am using a VPS because I believe it is a far more reliable connection than
my own ISP. When I remain connected to the internet overnight for other
reasons, I frequently find my internet connection has been disconnected
and remains so until I manually reconnect. "Discussions" between me and
my ISP are frequent and often heated.

Cheers,

Gordon

Running in Stealth Mode doesnt mean you dont have a stop in the market, the stops and targets are just further out. This way you do have a protective stop and take profit entered on the brokers server, just in case.

More trades

I have said this before but I repeat. So many people abandoned Mega droid when it made some losses. Mistake. All traders make losses and so will an EA. But its the way you recover and how you do over time that counts. And Mega Droid can. I know it and I have seen it. Many EA's only go down hill after a loss. Mega Droid constantly recovers and even goes better after a loss. (If it does not make any losses its actually a bit boring :) Its like a Cowboy Movie without a bar fight) I like the way it makes back losses. It really don't like to lose. It hits back hard. Give Mega droid time and then decide for yourself. It is now in profit, even if you started at the worst time. Even on FPA it is in a nice profit and above average. I am trading live on The Collective and it made a bad loss two weeks ago. But it has fully recovered that loss and going forward. I'm only interested in the total, not what happens in between. That is because I trust Mega Droid for the simple reason that I think I know it very well by this time. And it's looking great. I have said this before but I have back tested Mega Droid over about 10 years. I have picked bad periods and watched how Mega Droid cope with that. And that's made me confident that Mega Droid can handle losses. I looked at the big picture and It's hard to find many EA's that looks better. So don't zoom into a loss and only focus on that. Be patient and give it time. I am sure everyone that keeps trading Mega Droid will be very happy that they did. I have no connection whatsoever with Mega Droid or the developers. I'm just a very happy customer.

rjvw1,

I have to agree. I been running live since Jan, and the losses havent been as bad as the inactive periods. During this time I have only seen one full loss to stop out and that was the one a few weeks ago, which it has recovered from nicely. There were one or two other losses which I somehow avoided, my live account doesnt always get the same trades as my demo.

The loss two weeks ago, and most full losses I've seen backtesting have all been under 50 pips, which is kind of amazing for a scalping EA that targets 10-15 pips profits. There have been other lost trades, but they all closed within 1 pip of breakeven.

Just the idea and proof that this is possible keeps me searching. If this EA can do this, this well, surely others can do equally well, or better.

Hi Ken,
I am also looking and looking for a better EA. With a very limited resourses, I can barely scratch the surface of all the availabe EA out there. Then I see the Forex Robot World Cup! The FRWC can accompolish in a relatively short period what I can in "for ever". And I see that MD is really doing well so far. Obviously it's a new version of MD. I can't wait for the competion to end in April to see the result. If indeed MD is the winner, I wonder how much they'll be charging for the new MD. I understand that FRWC has a right to sell the winning EA initially, and am sure they have to charge enough to cover all their expenses including all the prize money. I also wonder if we can get a discounted price of "upgrading". Interesting.
Toshi

Back