• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hi Ken,
I am also looking and looking for a better EA. With a very limited resourses, I can barely scratch the surface of all the availabe EA out there. Then I see the Forex Robot World Cup! The FRWC can accompolish in a relatively short period what I can in "for ever". And I see that MD is really doing well so far. Obviously it's a new version of MD. I can't wait for the competion to end in April to see the result. If indeed MD is the winner, I wonder how much they'll be charging for the new MD. I understand that FRWC has a right to sell the winning EA initially, and am sure they have to charge enough to cover all their expenses including all the prize money. I also wonder if we can get a discounted price of "upgrading". Interesting.
Toshi

I have my doubts about the reality of any of these contests. Most, such as the MQL4 championships, are all short term and tend to attract the all or bust mentality. The punishment for blowing up is no where near as big as the reward for winning, which is opposite of reality.

Long term independant public testing such as the FPA is attempting is more apropriate, but even here I sometimes see results that arent supported by the reviews and opinion. However this is still the best way to observe how an EA trades, without being concerned about doctored data.

The nice thing about the World Cup championship is that a lot of their EA's are suposedly non commercial, which gives real developers a chance to showcase their work and filters out a lot of the commercial marketing garbage. However, I have my doubts about the longevity of most of these creations. When we see one come back and constantly place in the top ranks, then we will know we have something worthwhile, and theres no way on earth that will be priced within our limits....

New MD?

I have my doubts about the reality of any of these contests. Most, such as the MQL4 championships, are all short term and tend to attract the all or bust mentality. The punishment for blowing up is no where near as big as the reward for winning, which is opposite of reality.

Long term independant public testing such as the FPA is attempting is more apropriate, but even here I sometimes see results that arent supported by the reviews and opinion. However this is still the best way to observe how an EA trades, without being concerned about doctored data.

The nice thing about the World Cup championship is that a lot of their EA's are suposedly non commercial, which gives real developers a chance to showcase their work and filters out a lot of the commercial marketing garbage. However, I have my doubts about the longevity of most of these creations. When we see one come back and constantly place in the top ranks, then we will know we have something worthwhile, and theres no way on earth that will be priced within our limits....

I agree that one should be gun shy and skeptical of most of the current EAs, and we certainly shouldn't go ga ga over any short term positive results. But, do you not have some confidence in current MD ( at least that's the impression I got from your past postings)? Though I wish MD can handle more than one pair, I feel positive so far. Now, I'm assuming that particular MD in the competition is the same people who created the MD we currently using? So, I'm kind of assuming that their new version have to be an improvement. But, at what price though?

I agree that one should be gun shy and skeptical of most of the current EAs, and we certainly shouldn't go ga ga over any short term positive results. But, do you not have some confidence in current MD ( at least that's the impression I got from your past postings)? Though I wish MD can handle more than one pair, I feel positive so far. Now, I'm assuming that particular MD in the competition is the same people who created the MD we currently using? So, I'm kind of assuming that their new version have to be an improvement. But, at what price though?

I have geat confidence with MegaDroid. I have run many backtests and watched it trade for over a year. I still check on it daily to see if it gets stuck in a losing trade, but this is largely unneccessary, It manages its own trades extremelly well and most of my solutions would cost me more.

I didnt realize that MegaDroid was allowed to enter the World Cup Championship, it is supposed to be non comercial robots only, and their name isnt listed anywhere. If they have entered it, its probably with a different robbot on a non commercial basis.

Though I would love to make MD trade more often or on other pairs, I also dont want to mess up a good thing as long as its still working. Some people have tried changing the GMT Offset to make it trade other hours, and this can work sometimes, but overall the losses tend to cancel out most gains.

I'm still looking for the robot that can read a chart, measure the highs and lows, and enter every time there is a range or trend worth trading, on the smallest profitable time frame. Looking and learning, it seems it should be possible, but I'm not sure of the limitations, either my own or this MetaTrader programing.

I have geat confidence with MegaDroid. I have run many backtests and watched it trade for over a year. I still check on it daily to see if it gets stuck in a losing trade, but this is largely unneccessary, It manages its own trades extremelly well and most of my solutions would cost me more.

I didnt realize that MegaDroid was allowed to enter the World Cup Championship, it is supposed to be non comercial robots only, and their name isnt listed anywhere. If they have entered it, its probably with a different robbot on a non commercial basis.

Though I would love to make MD trade more often or on other pairs, I also dont want to mess up a good thing as long as its still working. Some people have tried changing the GMT Offset to make it trade other hours, and this can work sometimes, but overall the losses tend to cancel out most gains.

I'm still looking for the robot that can read a chart, measure the highs and lows, and enter every time there is a range or trend worth trading, on the smallest profitable time frame. Looking and learning, it seems it should be possible, but I'm not sure of the limitations, either my own or this MetaTrader programing.

Hi Ken,
Could you share your experience on Megadroid?
Which broker is good for Megadroid & what is your current setting?
I found the official website trading result is totally different with the Megadroid result that I have.I am using Alpari.
Please help to clarify.

Megadroid Swissy?

Was wondering if anyone has tried this one yet? I just got an email about it in my inbox today.

Forex Mutant
(NOTE: by purchasing through our link, you get the "Swissy
Accu-Scalper Robot" BONUS automatically, more details on
the bonus below)

Hi Admin, could you share the setting of you Megadroid that trade at your demo account?

Hi Ken,
Could you share your experience on Megadroid?
Which broker is good for Megadroid & what is your current setting?
I found the official website trading result is totally different with the Megadroid result that I have.I am using Alpari.
Please help to clarify.

There are no special settings for MegaDroid, just set your position size, nothing else needs to be changed. Its all explained in the user manual. If your having problems with Alpari try a different broker, there are several that have been discussed on this thread, I use FXDD. Just read the thread and use some common sense.

The Swissy Acu Scalper was also offered with anouther robot I tested, I think it was the G-Force, but the download link never worked and I never got any response from either party.

There are no special settings for MegaDroid, just set your position size, nothing else needs to be changed. Its all explained in the user manual. If your having problems with Alpari try a different broker, there are several that have been discussed on this thread, I use FXDD. Just read the thread and use some common sense.

The Swissy Acu Scalper was also offered with anouther robot I tested, I think it was the G-Force, but the download link never worked and I never got any response from either party.

Ken, there are a lot of people getting different result, even i have different trading result compare to the website. how that to be happen?

Ken, there are a lot of people getting different result, even i have different trading result compare to the website. how that to be happen?

Have you read this thread? I have posted the same observances many times.

The EA is capable of trading slightly differently on different accounts, even with the same broker. Sometimes a trade will post on my demo account that I dont see on my live account and visa versa. If you really want to know how this is possible you will need to talk to a programer who has experience with this program.

Going to every EA I've posted on and repeating the same identical questions is quite annoying. If you want to know about our experiences with that particular EA, read the postings. If you want to know what brokers we are using, read the postings. If you need clarification, do your research and study. This is really an independant project, you need to have your own understanding, and take your own risks. If you find something interesting to share, please do, but read the thread first, its probably already been posted and discussed.

Back