• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Md Update

Just to update. Since 15 January 2010, that is one month, MD made a nett profit of 28.57 % on my live acount with The Collective. I started MD live with The Collective on 30 November 2009, that is about 2 and a half months ago. Nett profit aprox. 52 % profit since then. This includes a few minor losses and one loss that took out about 10% in one go. But that's all forgotten because of the recovery system and what I see at the bottom line. Anyone that wants more details can contact me anytime. My email is roccofx@yahoo.com. I am running it on a risk setting of 25 and found that to be the best balance for constant profits. Also stealth, auto recovery and aggressive modes - true. It works well so far. It could make a loss tomorrow. But one thing is sure. Its aiming up and up. Ill keep you posted.

Last edited:
FPA testing shows a 10% return in 6 months with risk level 0.1
By no means a groundbreaking result, but it's at least still profitable.
Manual trading can make better result than that.

LOSS

Another fairly large loss on Alpari and ATC yesterday. But if the risk on Alpari was 25, this loss would have been a small bump as the Equity after this time would have been much much more. Since the risk is small, any loss is large. ATC made about an 8 % loss. That's also big. On The Collective where I run live. 6.5% gain. What? Yes! No loss. I am fortunate. Ok it was a risky trade and MD didn't see that one comming. But don't worry, watch it go. Great to have MD and even better to see it run. The positive part of it all is that MD makes a loss now and then. But it has the ability to recover each and every time.

Results

FPA testing shows a 10% return in 6 months with risk level 0.1
By no means a groundbreaking result, but it's at least still profitable.
Manual trading can make better result than that.

For that reason is 0.1 a waste of time. It makes the same losses as any other setting but far less profit. 0.25 works best for me.

For that reason is 0.1 a waste of time. It makes the same losses as any other setting but far less profit. 0.25 works best for me.

'waste of time" is really quite a relative statement. If it takes a consecutive loss, with a wide stop, after doubling its trade size, that 0.1 risk setting wont seem such a waste of time. If you run a backtest for a year you'll see that it is capable of taking consecutive losses.

I run 0.2, but it is a very small micro account. I couldnt easily justify this risk level on a large account. When it comes to real money I like to choose my own trades and get a good risk reward ratio.

I see MegaDroid mostly as suplemental income. Its easy to trade around, and I love to see it click off its little trades. So far its has a great track record. its losses havent been huge compared to its profits and it has recouped all losses quickly, but there are no guarentees. We'll watch to see how it comes through this recent loss, and keep its risk within reason.

40pips loss on MD yesterday

40 pips is about right, which is not a huge loss for a scalping EA, especially when compared to the max win of 10 or 15 pips. Try comparing these numbers to FAP-T, and then consider that FAP-T takes many more losses than MegaDroid. MegaDroid has quicker programing to change its stance and take an exit when things dont go right, FAP-T takes riskier trades and doesnt look for an exit as quickly when things dont go perfectly right.

Going back over the past 6 months of forward trading the max losses I have seen on MegaDroid have all been under 50 pips on either my demo or live account, but when backtesting it does show larger losses than this, and it does show consecutive losses, so I am still quite cautious about this aspect. I suspect we havent seen all that this EA is capable of delivering.

Since we dont really know what the max loss this is capable of taking is, we cant really calculate a proper risk setting. If we run a 20-25% risk setting and the largest loss is under 50 pips, thats a managable amount, not comfortable, but managable considering the high win rate. However, if MegaDroid suddenly takes a 100 pip loss, and does this a second time after doubling the position size that could just about wipe out an account, and most hopes of profit for the year. Trade accordingly, and anticipate these losses.

'waste of time" is really quite a relative statement. If it takes a consecutive loss, with a wide stop, after doubling its trade size, that 0.1 risk setting wont seem such a waste of time. If you run a backtest for a year you'll see that it is capable of taking consecutive losses.

I run 0.2, but it is a very small micro account. I couldnt easily justify this risk level on a large account. When it comes to real money I like to choose my own trades and get a good risk reward ratio.

I see MegaDroid mostly as suplemental income. Its easy to trade around, and I love to see it click off its little trades. So far its has a great track record. its losses havent been huge compared to its profits and it has recouped all losses quickly, but there are no guarentees. We'll watch to see how it comes through this recent loss, and keep its risk within reason.

Why I say waste of time is the fact that you take the same time to input the figures but with the one figure of 0.25 you make much more than 0.1. So why use 0.1 in the first place. And I didnt make any loss last week. Maybe I'm lucky , maybe I'm fortunate. But thats one reason why Im with The Collective. For some reason it dodges some losses some times. Not always. :) and it happened a few times now. BTW I run 0.25 live and its working very well. Lets see from here.

Why I say waste of time is the fact that you take the same time to input the figures but with the one figure of 0.25 you make much more than 0.1. So why use 0.1 in the first place. And I didnt make any loss last week. Maybe I'm lucky , maybe I'm fortunate. But thats one reason why Im with The Collective. For some reason it dodges some losses some times. Not always. :) and it happened a few times now. BTW I run 0.25 live and its working very well. Lets see from here.

Hi,

I am risking 0.1, maybe you at different broker.At Alpari, MD lose.

Hi,

I am risking 0.1, maybe you at different broker.At Alpari, MD lose.

It took the same 40 pip loss on my FXDD account. The collective has much tighter spreads, but you pay for this with other fees. However, any reduction in the spread will help a scalper like this trade. It will take more trades and hit its targets easier.

Back