• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
Did anyone else have a large loss this week on FXDD, or was it just me. MD opened two trades on 12/16, the first a conservative 10 pip traded opened at exactly 21:00 gmt, and the second an aggressive 15 pip trade opened aprox an hour latter. The aggressive trade closed for a 2 pip gain, but the conservative trade never made it and went to a full stop loss. A bad loss for MD.

I am considering trying to go back to MD 1.2 after the holidays. I'm not totaly satisfied with the results from the new version, it starts its trading earlier, but also seems more prone to risk and getting caught in a bad position. For now, I've turned off my EA's untill after the new year.

Hi Ken,

I had a 64 pip stop loss on FX Primus fixed spread account. That's the 3rd SL in the last 2 months, 2 on Fixed spread and 1 on ECN. I've given up on FX Primus. Have stopped all EAs and will be moving funds over to FX Pro.

FX Pro did S1 and S2 trades for a 0.2 and 3.7 pip profit on the 16th.

Looking at Megadroid results FXDD did not have a SL this week.

See: Forex Megaroid - Daily Results

Hi Ken,

I had a 64 pip stop loss on FX Primus fixed spread account. That's the 3rd SL in the last 2 months, 2 on Fixed spread and 1 on ECN. I've given up on FX Primus. Have stopped all EAs and will be moving funds over to FX Pro.

FX Pro did S1 and S2 trades for a 0.2 and 3.7 pip profit on the 16th.

Looking at Megadroid results FXDD did not have a SL this week.

See: Forex Megaroid - Daily Results

Thats about the same as the loss I saw. These will happen ocaisionaly, range trading like this is definately not a perfect science, but MD 1.2 would have avoided this loss by not opening trades untill after the NY close, 5 pm eastern time, this trade opened at exactly 4 pm eastern time. I've seen v1.3 open a lot of trades at exactly 4 pm eastern time and almost all of them fail with a very small profit.

Did anyone else have a large loss this week on FXDD, or was it just me. MD opened two trades on 12/16, the first a conservative 10 pip traded opened at exactly 21:00 gmt, and the second an aggressive 15 pip trade opened aprox an hour latter. The aggressive trade closed for a 2 pip gain, but the conservative trade never made it and went to a full stop loss. A bad loss for MD.

I am considering trying to go back to MD 1.2 after the holidays. I'm not totaly satisfied with the results from the new version, it starts its trading earlier, but also seems more prone to risk and getting caught in a bad position. For now, I've turned off my EA's untill after the new year.

Ken, I had the same trades as you did - 1 for small profit and the other I got stopped on for a 63 pip loss - ouch. That took out my profits back to Oct. The losing trade was opened first and held through the second trades open and close. That trade was on FXDD.

I found another site called megadroidresults.com where the guy has several live accounts with different brokers and he posts his results on a daily basis. He did not get a stop-out on any of his accounts - including his FXDD account.

12/27 trade

Ok, now I'm starting to get a little concerned: did anyone else get stopped out tonight? My FXDD account took a short trade and got hit for a full stop - 81 pips. That in combination with the 63 point stop I took on 12/16/10 erases 3 months of profits. Is anyone else getting killed like this? Maybe I was too lucky in the first year of MD and now it is coming around on me. December has not been a good month for me and MD :(

Ok, now I'm starting to get a little concerned: did anyone else get stopped out tonight? My FXDD account took a short trade and got hit for a full stop - 81 pips. That in combination with the 63 point stop I took on 12/16/10 erases 3 months of profits. Is anyone else getting killed like this? Maybe I was too lucky in the first year of MD and now it is coming around on me. December has not been a good month for me and MD :(

I'm on FX Pro. I got out with a 0.8 pip profit. But I see Pipbusters who is also on fx pro got hit with a 80 pip loss. Same brokerage, different results.

I also have a AAAFX demo account that took a 80 pip hit.

Went and took at look at the chart. Expanded it to 5 min to see what happened. With FX Pro it went about 5 pips profitable at the beginning and exited at the breakeven as it reversed. After that it went 85 pips in the wrong direction. If you did not exit at the breakeven you took the SL.

On the AAAFX it went profitable at first and went up about 7 pips before reversing. However, it did not exit at the breakeven point and went on to take the 80 pip SL.

So why did MD not exit at the breakeven point when it had the chance to? Even on the same brokerage it exited my trade and did not exit pipbusters'. I think its the quality of the internet connection or the server you're connected to that makes the diff.

I have 2 instances of MD running on the same account, one on VPS Land and another from Forex Alive VPS. I wanted to test the performance of the VPS'. Both entered the trade and exited the trade at the same time and took the 0.8 pip profit.

But a few days ago I had a trade using pip laser that had a 0.5 pip deviation from both VPS'. I checked and noticed that they were not connected to the same server. You can do this by clicking on the data stream at the bottom right corner of MT4. It will show the server you are connected to and the list of servers you could connect to. Best thing is to rescan the servers from time to time. MT4 will pick the one with the best ping rate. After both VPS's were connected to the same server the trades have been identical both on MD and Pip Laser. Thing is that Forex Alive is based out of Malaysia and VPS Land is out of Atlanta, Georgia in the US. Yet both had the same identical trade right down to the second. Earlier I thought the VPS was the issue when I was getting a lot of stops. But now I'm thinking the server is the issue. If you are connected to a server and its working well today you need to check from time to time because the server you're on might get congested. Rescanning from time to time will allow MT4 choose the server with the fastest ping rate (lowest load or fastest connection to you) allowing you to keep performance of your EAs optimum.

Last edited:
I have MD and all EA's turned off for a few weeks until the market stabalizes in mid Jan. This is highly recomended by most traders. If you do trade during this period of time it is recomended to use smaller lot sizes or practice on a demo.

With the lower liquidity the the transaction time between accounts and VPS's could make a big difference. Try checking the exact entry and exit times. Often a difference of a minute or two makes all the difference. Also check for spread and slippage errors in the journal. If a lot of MD orders come in at once with the liquidity at a low level, only the first few will get through before the market compensates.

Also, the low liquidity levels leave the market much more vunerable to manipulations. The big traders and market makers outside of the banks, individuals and groups with their own high speed interbank connections and lots of capital do know how and when these EA's trade. If you know the system, and liquidity is low enough, its not that hard to cause MD to trigger a trade and then push the market 100 pips in the other direction.

Back