Forex News Trading Plans for Week 10, Mar 1 – Mar 7 2015

I'm curious as to why you are choosing to trade the CAD GDP m/m with FNG rather then the, CAD GDP (YoY) (DEC) or CAD Quarterly GDP Annualized (4Q) ?? Both are going to be the real proponent as to which direction the market moves, and both seem to be missing from the FPA News Calendar by the way

I prefer to use not the smoothed values in case of events released in .1 units. In addition to that I think market likes reacting on immediate changes so this event seems to move the market more probably.

Hi Peter,
Do you wonder why the Aud GDP did not trigger as it reacted 1 min early? The RBA Glen Stephens has announced he has contacted Aus. Treasurer and Min of Financial Affairs and the police to investigate what has occurred as this was not orchestrated by him the RBA or the Gov.. If and when i hear the results will let you know.

Hi Joh,
Thanks! That was weird really... I'm curious what they're going to find.

BTW in my haste I forgot to say thank you for all you do. It is very much appreciated

Ooopps Saw on the calender this morning there were two more bell trades - what a pity i missed out - you apparently gave those after the Cad and the USA trade did not announce - what happened?
and Peter how can i find out you give more when this happens again?

shall i give buy/sell order if actual is above/below expected or if the actual is above/ below deviation trigger??

Please help

Ooopps Saw on the calender this morning there were two more bell trades - what a pity i missed out - you apparently gave those after the Cad and the USA trade did not announce - what happened?
and Peter how can i find out you give more when this happens again?

Really? Uhm, actually I haven't added new bells since Sunday, so if they just appeared recently then something must have happened to the calendar page... I keep an eye on it.

shall i give buy/sell order if actual is above/below expected or if the actual is above/ below deviation trigger??

Please help

We are not willing to react small differences, so if actual number comes out close to the forecast then we don't stir a finger.

So for example if forecast is 55.0 (of some PMI) and our trade plan deviation is 2.5, then we sell the currency below 52.5 and buy it above 57.5.

(Pay attention to the direction of the entry, it depends on the event (unemployment is in reverse: lower is better to the currency) and the currency pair traded (counter currency changes directions).)

Back