Forex News Trading Plans for Week 12, Mar 16 – Mar 22 2014

The CAD Retail sales data was trigger worthy as the actual outcome was 1.3%

Whereas FNG did not even display the entry, which is bad luck, its even worse considering not many triggers happening nowadays, had to trade it manually.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Thanks Peter.

We are working on it so hopefully it will be ok soon.

CAD Retail Sales gave nice deviation but Core Retail Sales remained inside the interval and it didn't trigger on my side. It seems to be worth to make historical research with Retail Sales as it showed nice deviations sometimes. I keep it in mind for the next time I do parameter optimization.

Another question for Peter.

The FNG client never seems to connect to server on my VPS,

What do I tell the customer support guys to unblock ?

Another question for Peter.

The FNG client never seems to connect to server on my VPS,

What do I tell the customer support guys to unblock ?

It's most probably a firewall issue. You find more details on Questions and Answers forum, right below questions:

How can I configure my firewall so that to allow access to FNG?
What ports are used by FNG and what protocol does it use?

Btw, 'client never seems to connect': does it mean that you see it connecting (with numbers coming up and showing ping time) but later on it doesn't click, or it doesn't connect at all?

The CAD Retail sales data was trigger worthy as the actual outcome was 1.3%

Whereas FNG did not even display the entry, which is bad luck, its even worse considering not many triggers happening nowadays, had to trade it manually.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Thanks Peter.

Wow good for you, wish i would have the nerve to do that :rolleyes:

Hello Peter

New to this forum, stumbled on this forum as a result of FNG, but i noticed its not been working fine since Last friday, is something wrong with FNG now? it didint show forcast, or actuals or even the dates of the news event. see screenshot below,
FNG Issues.png

Kindly advise what is wrong, it this temporal...

Also what tools to you use to manage the trades after opening, something that can quickly place a stop loss and trailing stop and a take profit...

Hello Peter

New to this forum, stumbled on this forum as a result of FNG, but i noticed its not been working fine since Last friday, is something wrong with FNG now? it didint show forcast, or actuals or even the dates of the news event. see screenshot below,
View attachment 13866

Kindly advise what is wrong, it this temporal...

Also what tools to you use to manage the trades after opening, something that can quickly place a stop loss and trailing stop and a take profit...

Of course it is temporal - actually it's already much longer than I expected. Sometimes it happens but it's usually not longer than several hours... Trying to fix...

For FNG trade plan I use manual exit. However, there is a Break Even EA in Tactical Squad - that is useful in this case.

Wow good for you, wish i would have the nerve to do that :rolleyes:

I run 1 to 2% trades, so the SL at the bottom of the 5 min candle is the SL which is around 2%.
As long as there is not contradiction, and the 5 min candle is bullish 3 mins into the trade, I get in at approx 30% retracement, took around total of 12 pips off the table at the 15 min candle close and get out.
The only Idea is the data was trigger worthy, so fng would have done the same, and I did not see a monumental bullish candle at the moment so it was easy to enter.
Just price action.
FNG is actually pretty good as long as niggles like these don't happen. It alone has given me 4% on my account this month so far which is nice.

@ Peter : What are the ways I can reduce the Latency from FNG server to my terminal ?

Many times the bigger part of the latency comes from the broker therefore you need to have a good one for news trading (it is changing so experiments needed).

On FNG part you can reduce latency by connecting to the server from a closer geographical location, that is from US east coast.

Back