Forex News Trading Plans for Week 13, Mar 23 – Mar 29 2014

Good news for everyone!

Forex News Gun client just started working again. Please check it on your side.

please can anyone recommend any brokers for best for news trading and with good leverage; i think my current broker consistently spikes the spreads at major new releases

@ Peter.

According to many FX Economic calendars including FPA and the data on FNG says the Forecast is 1.7 for the UK CPI, whereas the expected figure is 1.9 in your trade plan.
1.9 was the previous actual outcome when the expected figure was 2.0.

Is this a mistake ? or there is some working logic behind your choice. Please help I am confused whether to use 0.3 deviation from 1.9 or 1.7 ?

@ Peter.

According to many FX Economic calendars including FPA and the data on FNG says the Forecast is 1.7 for the UK CPI, whereas the expected figure is 1.9 in your trade plan.

Is this a mistake ? or there is some working logic behind your choice. Please help I am confused whether to use 0.3 deviation from 1.9 or 1.7 ?

I see this a lot. There's a difference between the expected figure in the forum and the number on the FNG. Peter, which one is more accurate?

Thanks.

@ Peter.

I see this a lot. There's a difference between the expected figure in the forum and the number on the FNG. Peter, which one is more accurate?

Thanks.

In this case difference of 0.2 is really big. Usually it's much less compared to triggering deviation.

One thing is that I tend to check multiple sources and this causes difference. The other thing is that forecast values can change even in the last one or two days because new data coming in to the news agencies and that may affect the average. It tells me that it's worth to double check numbers right before announcement - and it would be a nice feature to update trade plans accordingly.

So In a nutshell, we should apply the deviation numbers to the actual figures on FNG from now on even if we see a difference ?

Let us know, Peter.

In this case difference of 0.2 is really big. Usually it's much less compared to triggering deviation.

One thing is that I tend to check multiple sources and this causes difference. The other thing is that forecast values can change even in the last one or two days because new data coming in to the news agencies and that may affect the average. It tells me that it's worth to double check numbers right before announcement - and it would be a nice feature to update trade plans accordingly.

In 90% percent of the events the difference is not significant. If it seems big enough when you see the consensus in FNG then it's worth to take a look at even more calendars. Release triggers are usually quite conservative so it's not a big problem if consensus is not so obvious - just use average.

Back