Forex News Trading Plans for Week 16, Apr 12 – Apr 18 2015

Still trying to figure out why after a news comes out which exceeds expectations (forecast) and should strengthen a currency it goes the other direction & vice versa.... Doesn't make sense.

Still trying to figure out why after a news comes out which exceeds expectations (forecast) and should strengthen a currency it goes the other direction & vice versa.... Doesn't make sense.

Did FNG clicked a sell on AUD news instead of a buy?

Hi, the FNG is a wonderful free service but...I have now tried it with two brokers, one in NY and one in London, both with a VPS. The NY broker registers a 0-1ms ping from the FNG and the London broker registers an (approx) 30ms ping with almost instant execution with the broker but....the actuall opening price in both cases is almost exactly the same, coming in at, and often beyond the initial spike, sometimes after 2-5 seconds (even thought I know from the log that receipt of the trigger and execution of the order happens within milliseconds). I'm not really surprised, how can brokers/banks fill orders when everyone is going one way and no-one is going the the other way. However, does anyone have any experience where a broker is getting them in at a price somewhere before the end of the first spike? I would be very interested to know which brokers are doing that. Thanks.

Hi Antar,
Some brokers deliberately delay full stop - hence you get paid badly. Others give you a go at first and then delay - Some do this as some folk take out huge lots and are then surprised the brokers delay. Dah! Some do not want any news trading - Like licorice it is a bag of all sorts.
I suggest you keep on trying - I was with a broker who was reasonable at firsts but is now playing games by blocking all trading at news time hahaha - so will change broker - when you find a good broker please tell me.

I experienced an opposite click on the AUD employment change (A SELL CLICKED INSTEAD OF BUY) which resulted in a loss.
Do anyone here experience such.?
i wanna know if the fault was mine or the FNG software/broker
tomaxzyn - It was a buy- are you sure you set your platform trade up right? Easily done cause i have goofed in the past myself!
Sorry for your loss - mind you my brokers blocked the entire trade for 10min.

Hi Peter,

Can you pls look into this and tell me why it's popping up that 'Overlapped ...' error. I links to CAD CPI excluding CORE 8, whose forecast is 0.3

overlapped values.PNG

Gonna skip the Canadian releases, just get uncomfortable trading that on the USD/CAD with US CPI/CAD CPI out as well. My spread is a bit poor on CAD/JPY as well around release time.

20+ pips off CAD retail sales using Diamond method. Golden. Once it dropped on the release it pulled back in about 15 seconds, then about 40 seconds it started falling like a rock.

I Have more confidence entering a trade using this method than the instant execution method.

Back