FOREX PRO Weekly June 10-14, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Since the start of June we see pretty nice upward action. Market already has exceeded the highs of May. At the same time on big picture there is no drastical changes. Market is still forming bearish flag pattern and upward action stands inside of it. It is too far till the moment where we can say that bullish trend is back. Probably we could say that only if price will exceed previous highs around 1.3730 or at least will return right back to 50% resisatnce around 1.35 area.
Conversely bearish continuation needs to show shallower confirmations – will be enough, if market will break flag down and move below yearly pivot point. Perspectives of this potential action are really impressive. First road will be to 1.2150- 1.2330 Yearly pivot support 1 and all time 50% support. But next is 1.1650 – take a look, may be you also will find potential left wing of butterfly “Buy” here...
Current bounce up has taken place right from yearly pivot support. This is really long-term support and it rather strong, especially since it coincides with 50% Fib support, and market can’t still pass through it. In fact, moving below yearly pivot will give market the direction for the rest of the year – that’s why this level is significant.
Despite how bearish current price looks, we have one moment that rather contradictive and let us understand why we call current level as crucial. Take a look at second monthly chart.

eur_m_10_06_13.png

Yes, this indeed could be reverse H&S pattern right at all time 50% support area, that market has touched in August of 2012. Although this pattern has appeared not quite after solid bearish trend, since EUR, in fact stands in wide range since 2007-2008, but it has very nice harmony – head stands precisely at 1.618 of both shoulders. As we treat weekly action as H&S, although it stands in the middle of some price action, we also can treat this pattern as reverse H&S. The classical confirmation of this pattern will be at neckline breakout around 1.3750. But even before that, the way how market will deal with current bearish flag will be very important. Upward breakout could become a first bell of further continuation.
eur_m1_10_06_13.png

Weekly
The weekly time frame has it’s own truth and problems, since here we have another pattern that stands opposite to monthly potential reverse H&S and price stands at strong resistance at the top of right shoulder. So, maximum retracement that is acceptable for H&S pattern has happened. This is AB=CD type of action. Any upward continuation will mean the breaking of H&S harmony. I do not want to say that if market will coil around for 1-2 weeks with shy exceeding of current highs – that’s OK. I’m talking about real upward continuation above 1.3350 area. Even if we will take a look at this situation without any relation to H&S. Market stands at 5/8 Agreement right at MPR1. If this is just a retracement, MPR1 should hold it. Move above it will tell us that this is not just a bounce within a bear trend, this is something different. As you can see as price action on monthly time frame as depend on how market will response on this area. But market has just reached this level. To understand what will really happen here – we have to wait a bit and see how market will resonse on it. Thus, we can’t currently take any medium-term direction with conidence and build daily trading plan on it. Instead of that we probably should to trade some short-term setups here and there, until we will see more clarity. That is what we probably will try to do in the beginning of the next week.
eur_w_10_06_13.png

Daily
On daily time frame we have short-term bearish setup that is based on DiNapoli direction pattern and according DiNapoli framework “Direction overrules trend”. Trend is bullish here, as well as on weekly time frame. Setup consists of combination of strong resistance and overbought condition. This dreadful cocktail prevents market from immediate upward continuation. It does not mean the end of the trend, this is some kind of market’s temporary fatigue when it needs some rest. Usually it leads to downward retracement.
Even if we will take a look at current market excluding Stretch pattern, we will find a lot of other reasons to not enter long at least. Here we are at MPR1, AB-CD target, 5/8 daily resistance and daily overbought. It seems that it is not the time to enter long, although all trends are bullish.
But what targets market could reach by this retracement? Based on Stretch pattern the target will be dynamic and theoretically it should be the middle between indicator blue bands. Currently this is somewhere around 1.3090 area. Based on AB-CD market can show any retracement, but since price has accelerated right to AB-CD target very often market shows 50%-61,8% retracement. For EUR 50% is more common as we already have seen many times. Pivot points assume retracement either to 1.3160 area where WPP stands or to WPS1 around 1.3010 – this is also between 50% and 61,8% Fib support.
So, as you can see – a lot of different destination points. As we do not have any patterns yet that can point the target with more precision, let’s be focused on major 3/8 level around 1.3110.
eur_d_10_06_13.png

60-min
It would be perfect if market gives us some reversal pattern here, but unfortunately we do not have any right now. However, Stretch pattern suggests taking the retracement after trend shifting to bearish on lower time frame. Now we see that trend here and on 4-hour time frame has shifted to bearish. Hence we need to take short position at upward retracement. Currently market already has hit 3/8, but may it will show 5/8 as well. It will be perfect if this will be some pattern as well. The nearest target of this retracement is 1.31 area – major 3/8 support and previous consolidation on hourly chart.
eur_h1_10_06_13.png

Conclusion:
Speaking in 2 words, current moment is a time of expectation on big picture and trading of some short-term setup that market will deign to give us. This is mostly because market has reached significant level but didn’t show yet the attitude to it. That’s why we can’t make bet on any direction in long term. Also we do not have any long-term directional patterns. Situation will become clear soon, and we’ll get it, but time has not come yet.
That gives us no choices but stick with some short-term setups and patterns. On daily time frame we have “Stretch” that assumes short-term downward action with minimum target around 1.31 area. Let’s try to ride on it and later will take a look again how situation on big picture will change.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 11, June 2013

Good morning,
on daily time frame is nothing to add, since market is still flirting around previous highs. So, our analysis stands intact. We will try to ride on DiNapoli "Stretch" pattern and take scalp short position. One thing that I would like to add here is that this "scalp" trade could shift to "positional" short and "Stretch" could become a triggering pattern for re-establishing of long-term bear trend, if market will fail here and H&S on weekly time frame will start to work.
eur_d_11_06_13.png

Our plan was to wait upward retracement and search possibility to enter short and now we can see on 4-hour chart that this retracement is in place. Here we see two potential patterns. First one is bearish stop grabber that already has been confirmed - but do not haste to enter short right now. Second is potential Butterfly "Sell". Still, there are not much chances for butterfly, since market has hit 100% target of daily AB=CD and there are no much reasons to show upward continuation, there are no any other targets slightly above current highs. Thus, previous highs have nice odds to hold.
Anyway, this situation is very comfortable for us, since as stop grabber as butterfly invalidation points stand very close to each other and we can place unique stop loss for both of them above previous highs. Because if market will continue move up right now - it will erase both patterns.
But keep in mind, that if price action will turn to the downside - butterfly will still be valid. So, do not forget to move your stop to breakeven when there will be a possibility for that.
eur_4h_11_06_13.png

Now, why I've said to not hurry enter short? Because we could get bullish stop grabber on hourly. If we will get it - do not enter short and wait further development. YOu can take short position only if market either shift trend bearish right at current candle or will erase stop grabber a bit later. On hourly chart by the way another pattern could be formed - Double Top. Market has not tested WPP yet, thus, it could be done by this pattern also.
eur_1h_11_06_13.png

That's being said, look for short oportunity if hourly trend will turn bearish. Minimum target is previous swing low on 4-hour chart (stop grabber target) and WPP. Stop should be placed above previous swing high and managed down when possible.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 12, June 2013

Good morning,
yesterday market has passed a bit higher and now is flirting around previous high that was made on Friday. Bearish stop grabber on 4-hour chart has failed yesterday, but this was possible, since as we've said market could show slightly higher move and flirt with previous top before any retracement down will start.
Still, current level of 1.3340-1.3360 is a crucial one, since this is weekly major 5/8 resistance and WPR1. There is no other significant resistances higher and if market will pass through it, then chances that retracement will start from some other higher level are turn to delusion:

eur_d_12_06_13.png

On 4-hour chart we see hint on potential divergence with MACD, WPR1 and extensions of most recent retracement down are stand in the same area. That is the area that we have to watch for today. One of the patterns that could appear here is H&S at major resistance.
eur_4h_12_06_13.png

Also solid assitance could come from hourly chart where upward parallel channel is developing. If market will form some reversal pattern around 1.3350 and then will break the channel down - that will be additional confirmation that give us a confidence with downward continuation.
eur_1h_12_06_13.png

Unfortunately market does not give us any patterns to trade right now. It is too late to take long position since significant resistance stands 20 pips higher and it is early to enter short, since we have no patterns yet. Thus, today, probably we should wait and monitor how situation will develop around 1.3350

Last edited:
USD/JPY Daily Update, Thu 13, June 2013

Good morning,
on EUR guys, there is not much to comment and market still flirts with resistance of weekly 5/8 Fib level and WPR1. I hope that some clarity should come today-tomorrow. Until this will happen, I just can't miss to talk about JPY, since there is really drastical changes and tremendous action stands. I will not speak much about fundamentals - the core of this plunge is uncertainty as from BoJ as from Fed that forces to contract investors positions with risky assets and diminish USD positions. We will focus on technical moments.
I will use weekly and daily charts, since on intraday there is nothing to comment yet - this move is just has started...
First - let's take a look at weekly chart. Here we see nothing more but huge B&B "Buy" oportunity. Market is showing second close below 3x3 DMA right now and approaching to major 3/8 Fib support level 93.68. It will reach it probably either on current week or within next one. Also we see that market is strongly oversold, although this is not a volatility breakout. I also have drawn a minor level at 94.36, I also could be important, because the foundation of it - is a real starting point of upward thrust. Since weekly time frame is a big picture, here is better to deal with some areas rather than with precise levels.
jpy_w_13_06_13.png

On daily time frame we have lightning bolt AB-CD that has 100% target around 91.72. Now it stands at minor 0.618 target and this area also is WPS1. Unfortunately currently there are no reversal pattern have been formed here and there are no signs that downward action is over - this is the moment that we will have to keep an eye on. This trade carries impressive potential, since the target of this B&B trade will be 100 area.
Also I can't exclude compounded AB-CD move down, since market is strongly oversold here. Much will depend of 18-19 June FOMC meeting

jpy_d_13_06_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 14, June 2013

Good morning,
although we yesterday have skipped discussion of EUR, but there were no drastical changes here. Still, some nuances have appeared.
Speaking about daily chart, price still stands around resistance - WPR1+5/8 Fib resistance + 1.27 extension of BC leg. Also - take a look at current thrust up, it could become nice context for DiNapoli directional trade either B&B or DRPO:

eur_d_14_06_13.png

On 4 hour chart I see nothing but bearish trend and some signs of bullish exhausing, since market has turned to forming of wedge pattern. Initially price has moved in channel.

eur_4h_14_06_13.png

Most important for us is hourly chart. And here we have first significant event - market has broken higher high sequence. Most recent high is lower than the previous one. This could be the first step to retracement down. Now we need to see breaking the most recent low as well. Unfortunately we do not have any bearish patterns here that could allow us to take position right now. If market will take out the low - this could be Double top and we will be able to take short position on retracement. Trend also has turned bearish here.
eur_1h_14_06_13.png

The minimum target will be 1.3150 I suppose - major 3/8 support on daily, WPP and previous tops support. Besides, do not forget, that B&B is possible, so do not marry any short position just yet. Market will either show deeper upward move to B&B target or even could continue move up. Current possibility for shorting is just a scalp trade - nothing more.
That's being said, plan is as follows. Wait - if market will break 1.3278 lows then wait first upward minor retracement on hourly chart and enter short. Very probable that this retracement precisely re-test broket 1.3278 lows.

Last edited:
butterfly sell

Hi Sive,

Do we not have butterfly sell on both daily and weekly time frames? Both with targets around 1.3115? Thank you.

Cosmos

Attachments

• EURUSD-daily.jpg
    EURUSD-daily.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 60
  • EURUSD-weekly.png
    EURUSD-weekly.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 54
Thank you so much for the analysis sive sir..
last week was not a good trading week for me.i earn 67pip on monday and 82pips friday selling euro after nfp.
i am parma bear and i dont rely on euro.and i thnk form july starting it will start fall for a long time period.
so i will wait for the good level to short only.

WISH YOU ALL GOODLUCK AND GREEN PIPS

eurusd Daily tf.jpg
a very noisy chart

DRPO or B&B question

hello Sive,
thanks for analysis as usual!
I would have a question about DRPO and B&B pattern which appears at once.
Last week on USDCAD we could see close below, above and again below 3x3. But last close also has hit 38.2 FIB (without forming higher high after 3x3 penetrations).
B&B worked really nice as it hit 61.8 FIB and then it fell down below 50% FIB of whole move to the upside.
Based on this can we consider it primary as B&B and DRPO LAL please?
If you'll have a bit time can you check please if my finding are correct?
your help is more than appreciated
have a great day!
ondrej

Attachments

• usdcad.jpg
    usdcad.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 17
  • usdcad 2.jpg
    usdcad 2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 15
hello Sive,
thanks for analysis as usual!
I would have a question about DRPO and B&B pattern which appears at once.
Last week on USDCAD we could see close below, above and again below 3x3. But last close also has hit 38.2 FIB (without forming higher high after 3x3 penetrations).
B&B worked really nice as it hit 61.8 FIB and then it fell down below 50% FIB of whole move to the upside.
Based on this can we consider it primary as B&B and DRPO LAL please?
If you'll have a bit time can you check please if my finding are correct?
your help is more than appreciated
have a great day!
ondrej

Hi Ondrej,
looks like somebody has asked me about this setup on previous week. Although it has worked as DRPO and there was fast double penetration of 3x3. I probably initially would treat it as B&B, because there is too much difference between the tops. In fact we do not have second top of DRPO at all.

Back