FOREX PRO Weekly June 24-28, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Action on lower time frames was so significant that even has made an imact on monthly time frame as well. Since this market move is based on fundamental data and mostly was triggered by Fed sentiment changing concerning US economy growth, QE program and inflation – we can’t treat it as occasional and short-term. Probably it will have some lasting impact on medium-term perspectives on EUR. Since previous EUR analysis we’ve made two weeks aho, I will remind you that by those moment, situation was unclear and we wasn’t able to estimate clearly – wether we should rely on possible AB-CD down here and weekly H&S pattern or start to preparation for solid upmove on potential reverse H&S pattern here, on monthly. And our conclusiong was – “it’s all about the flag”. Depending on breakout direction – further action will follow. And now we have significant moment here.
Till the end of June is only single week rest. Major events of June have taken place already and hardly market will show some drastical changes and unexpected reversal. Hence, there is a great probability that market will close somewhere around and inside flag body. What does this give us? Very significant bearish pattern – bullish trap or fake upward flag breakout. By classical school of technical analysis this should lead to oposite real breakout, i.e. downside. If this really will be the case, then minimum target will be area around Yearly Pivot support 1 and preavious lows 1.2150-1.23. But potentially this probably will trigger downward action by huge AB=CD pattern that has minor 0.618 target and will challenge 1.1875 lows around all time major 50% support. AS you can see, any big thing starts with small one. With this flag breakout failure we have bearish long-term context, I suppose.

eur_m_24_06_13.png

Weekly
Here, guys you probably see everything by yourself. We’ve said many times that weekly time frame is a big scale and we have to wait a bit, since 50 or even 100 pips above resistance does not mean yet that level has been broken already. Now we have perfect bearish engulfing pattern right around 5/8 resistance. That is our foundation for trading by far. If we will take a look at this pattern wider we will see that it stands right at top of H&S pattern, could become a trigger for downward action and holds the harmony of this pattern. Take a look, left shoulder also has mirror AB-CD shape. This H&S pattern looks very attractive. The target of this pattern will challenge the lows of 1.18 area as well. You may object that this pattern is too obvious and I agree with you, but we do not intend to trade by using H&S rules – placing stops above the head, wait breakout of neckline and so on. We will use H&S only as our beacon for long term target but our trading foundation is engulfing pattern. It has significantly closer invalidation point and it is easier to trade it. Besides we will try to do our best still to minimize potential risks.
And finally think about this pattern in link with failure flag breakout on monthly chart. Appearing of bearish engulfing drastically reduces the odds of upward reversal and continuation. The target of this pattern stands round neckline of H&S. Usually market shows some retracement back inside the body of the pattern. We should catch it to enter short probably. And now is most interesting – I suggest that this retracement will take shape of our daily B&B “Buy”.
eur_w_24_06_13.png

Daily
Here is completed setup for B&B “Buy” and take a look - again 50% retracement. This is just unbelievable how EUR likes it. So we have thrust up, crossing of 3x3 DMA (green line) and three closes below it. By third candle market has hit 50% major support. Market also stands at oversold now. Although initial plan of Friday was trying to take long on retracement, since market has started to show bounce up from support of similar quality, but this attempt has failed. That is the most difficult moment in trading B&B’s – estimate the level that will become a foundation for upward retracement. But now we have no alternatives, since that was third close below 3x3, and at least theoretically – market either has to start retracement by B&B setup or B&B will fail. This is sometimes happens, although rather rare. Theoretical minimum target of this pattern is 5/8 resistance – 1.3295. Still, I can’t exclude that market could reach only 50% resistance again by three reasons. First is – as we can see EUR likes 50% levels, second – we have a deal with weekly perfect bearish engulfing pattern and 61.8% could be too extended for this pattern and finally third – take careful look at current move down. It reminds me “three black crows” pattern. It is very rare and strong, although here it is not perfect, since second candle has too long lower shadow. May be market will reach 5/8 since it is oversold significantly, but keep an eye on price when it will hit 50% resistance. It makes sense to take some profit there. Now we need reversal pattern on intraday chart to understand where to take long position and where to place stop.
eur_d_24_06_13.png

60-min
Well, there is a situation when it is not simple decision how to take position, but sometimes this happens. The problem is that we do not have solid reversal patterns. All that we have as confirmation of possible bounce up is perfect AB=CD, bullish MACD divergence that has not quite formed yet and bullish engulfing pattern right at target of AB-CD. Besides, currently price already shows some retracement inside of it’s body.
Here is agressive tactics by taking long position. It will give you perfect entry point but has greater probability of loss.We can try to take long position based on this engulfing. But where to place stop? Well, as EUR harmonic swing approximately equals 40 pips and low of engulfing is 1.3198 – stop should be placed somewhere around 1.3158. We can place tigher stop right below engulfing, but we can’t exclude possibility of DRPO “Buy” pattern here and it can show slightly lower lows – it could be seen better on 30-min chart. As market will start move higher – stop should be moved tighter.
Conservative tactics suggests waiting, when trend will shift to bullish here and then try to enter at retracement by using DiNapoli Minesweeper technic. We have described it in previous researches. If you will take a careful look at hourly chart, then you will see that current low stands at 1.618 extension of previous retracement up. It means that appearing of reversal H&S pattern is possible. It’s neckline stands at 50% resistance by the way around 1.3250 and it’s minimum target as mirror AB=CD to the upside coinsides with daily B&B target – 1.3295 area. That’s being said – that’s the riddle for you. But you can use combined entry as well.
eur_1h_24_06_13.png

Conclusion:
Current move down could have significant consecutives in long-term perspectives since it could become a trigger for long-term bear trend continuation and lead EUR to 1.18 area.
Shorter-term analysis points on possible reaching of previous lows around 1.28 area after bounce up, that could take a shape of daily B&B “Buy” setup. So, our medium-term trading plan is try to ride on B&B first, turn position down and join with downward party to 1.18 second.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 25, June 2013

Good morning,
situation on EUR is not perfect and does not totally correspond to theoretical one, but I still would not to deny idea of upward move totally. Here probably we should talk about caution of taking long position. So if you're bearish you can not take part in this possible upward scalp trade and just wait when this rebound will end to take short position. This is absolutely reasonable position, since we know that major context is bearish.
Others, who would like to try this scalp upward oportunity can do this. Besides of B&B now we have also bullish Stretch pattern. Since we at oversold and Fib support - this is not the time to take short position, but whether you would like to take long - that is up to you, but you should know that this is a bit risky. At the same time I see yet nothing that tells about invalidation and impossibility of upward retracement:

eur_d_25_06_13.png

On 4-hour chart market has shifted trend to bullish and now is forming some kind of bullish flag. So, may be this is finally an area when upward bounce could start. At least, if market will pass through 5/8 daily support at oversold - this will significantly reduce odds of possible retracement. By my sense - this is in fact the last reasonable area where we can expect retracement. It's just fundamental factors of FOMC and China banking sector have pressed on market and forced EUR to pass a bit deeper that it usually does.
eur_4h_25_06_13.png

On hourly chart we still have one problem - absence of clear patterns. So, here probably we have no choice but rely on trend. Still I like 1 thing here - take a look at multiple candles with long tails. You will not meet such candles very often on EUR. It means that market probably has found some support and here is sufficient amount of buying orders that prevent market from moving lower. This is good sign. So, here we probably can apply Minesweeper B entry (since "A" already has passed). Wait when next leg up will end and try to take long position on retracement to Fib support or K-support on hourly chart. In current circumstances I'm not quite sure that EUR will hit definitely 5/8 resistance target of B&B around 1.3280, but it will not be a dare if we will use WPP as minimum target, I suppose....
eur_1h_25_06_13.png

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 26, June 2013

Good morning,
well, yesterday market has behaved not quite in a row with our expectations, but major context still holds and it looks like is not done yet with bounce up. Still major action now is on intraday charts. On daily we just can say that market still stands at support. Probably from theoretical point of view we can call current situation as B&B setup any more, but Stretch setup is still here. Also, I would like to attract your attention to relatively rare candlestick pattern - "last engulfing" right at support. It looks like bearish engulfing but forms at bottoms. This is potentially bullish pattern. But here I have to make important warning. Current bullish setup is stuitable not for all traders. It goes against the major trend and carries significant risk of loss. We know that medium-term context here is strongly bearish and in fact in perspective we want to enter short. Thus, think twice if you would like to try long trade here. Safest way is to wait either end of upper retracement or breakout through current support

eur_d_26_06_13.png

On 4-hour chart I see possibility only for last one pattern - Double bottom, if any will appear at all. Mostly I think about it, because we've got W&R of previous lows and that is very typical for DB, when second bottoms washes out lows of first one. If suddenly this will be the case - then it's target stands very close to 5/8 resistance, i.e. former B&B target.
eur_4h_26_06_13.png

And finally most interesting for us is 15-min chart. Here we have butterfly Buy and W&R. BTW, if you will take a look at 5 min chart you'll see that W&R has taken a shape of perfect hammer with long tale and it was really fast. Thus, some chances are still exist I suppose on bounce continuation.
On hourly chart we also have solid bullish divergence with MACD.

eur_15m_26_06_13.png

So, I can't call you to take long position, since price action develops not quite common for similar situation, but I would like to call you do not hurry with short entry, until market will not done with current support area.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Thu 27, June 2013

Good morning,
So, market has confirmed our suspicions yesterday, as we said "we can't call you for trying to take long position, since this could be really risky and expensive issue". Although by our weekly analysis sentiment on EUR is bearish and we were going to take short position here, but we also have counted on some rally on daily to step in. With B&B failure market tells us something, that fundamental factors now are dominating over technical ones. Currently market again stands at significant support - 5/8 major Fib level, WPS1, MPP and oversold. Could some bounce start from here? Why not. Should we try to possess overselves on it? I'm not sure. Since market looks really heavy and in general we need to enter short it will be much safer to wait the end of the rally whatever it will and take short position.
Trying to possess on possible bounce now is looking as attempt to catch the fallen knife.
eur_d_27_06_13.png

Also I think that now there are more interesting assets to trade exist. For instance JPY where we have weekly B&B and it has passed only 2/3 to the target or S&P with weekly B&B in progress as well and still has a room about 30 points. But as we discuss EUR, here are my thoughts about possible retracement up.

On 4hour chart we see nothing interesting. Current low stands at 1.618 of previous minor retracement. Also here was great example of bearish dynamic pressure.
eur_4h_27_06_13.png

Most interesting for us is hourly chart. Here we see downward channel. Yes, it has sign of exhausting as MACD Divergence, but it still keeps the harmony - each low stands at 1.618 of previous retracement up and both retracements are equal . So, here we can get a clue if market will break the harmony. Current retracement up should lead us to 1.3062 area. If market will really start bounce on daily time frame - it should exceed this level and break through channel border. Price tends to double harmonic swing as it was broken. This should lead price to 1.3080+ area. But in this case we will get greater upward swing than prevous swing down and that will be the sign of short term reversal and possible deeper retracement on daily. Until this will happen, I will not try to take long position (If I will try it at all). Also I would not treat current move down as 3-Drive although it has some signs of it.
eur_1h_27_06_13.png

So, our thoughts here is: if even any bounce will start here, currently it's not obvious that it will be worthy of trying to take position with it. Safest way is just to wait when it will end and shift to second stage of our plan directly - searching possibility for short entry.

Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update Fri 28, June 2013

Good morning,
today guys, its very difficult to choose object for analysis since there is nothing interesting almost nowhere, except, may be S&P weekly B&B trade that still has 20-25 points till it's target. JPY is almost on target of our B&B as well, while EUR shows blur and bore action.
Still, let's take a look on it.

On daily time frame yesterday was inside session and currently market still stands in the range of small harmonic retracement, despite it shows upward move. Price stands at significant support of major 5/8 Fib level, WPS1, oversold and MPP
eur_d_28_06_13.png

On 4 hour chart we see rather harmonic move down - downswing equals 1.618 of upward retracements. Upward moves themselves are harmonic as well. May be we could treat it as 1.618 3-Drive, since also have exhausting sign of MACD divergence. I don't know, personally I prefer to see a bit deeper ratracements and the shape of wedge pattern. This just gives more confidence, but may be this one also will work. Anyway we do have nothing more than just this pattern. Price currently stands at the top of harmonic retracement swing. So, if market will move above it - this will be first sign of potential upward continuation. Since market tends to double harmonic swings - it probably could reach 1.3170 area. This is also minimum target of 3-Drive pattern - top between 2 and 3 Drives.
eur_4h_28_06_13.png

Now, if you would like to trade it (I probably will skip this), here is the setup how it could be done. On hourly chart we see breakout through channel's border and completion of small AB=CD pattern. So, some retracment can follow. If you would like to take long positoin then 1.3040 is suitable level for that, since it coincides with natural resistance that market has passed recently. If it will return right back and erase most recent move up - that will be worning sign that stands against normal development. This should not happen if price intends go up further. Especially, if market will return inside of the channel.
eur_1h_28_06_13.png

So decide whether you will take part in this setup, but I see nothing more here to trade.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the analysis sive sir...
i am totally addicted..
very happy now...:cool:
Your weekly analysis is my strength
and daily vdo is "rice n curry"...:D;):D

Wish You and all my frenz a very profitable week ahead..

AHA.....it has now changed to Sunday morning reading material, hahaha !!!

Great job, master Sive, as always.

Back