FOREX PRO Weekly May 06-10, 2013

I understand this is about forex but, is the DAX telling us something?

an idea on the index that could influence the EURUSD.

I see it this way, assuming this graph on the DAX also holds true:

1) If the correlation is broken, like it has been during the last few months, then we should go up to 1.34 area now
2) If the correlation holds (Euro up = risk on Euro down = risk off), then we will continue down hard

The question is, is the EUR correlated or has the correlation been broken?

I personally see case 1)

DAX- the moment.jpg

Last edited:
FM1,

As I understand it this is a thread on Forex education not a signal service; therefore what pair that should be analysed is the one offering the best learning experience, not the most profitable. From that point of view, Sive has been doing it rather well, in my opinion

I have personally learned everything from Sive + two other sites; and I found very useful the consistency on the EURUSD analysis + ocasional examples on other pairs.

I reply politely, apologies if I have offended, it's not my intention

( this is a reply to FM1 comment ( Hi, Why doesn't Sive take a look through the currency pairs and comment on the most likely pair to move ??)) ----- somehow his quote is not showing

Last edited:
That's not by me, actually. It's just a butterfly is reversal pattern, but here it is nothing reverse. I'm absolutely have no objection against such butterflies and they work very often...BTW, it could be "222" Buy instead of butterfly ;)

Thank you sir..

Thank you sir..

and a butterfly is an harmonic figure even if it doesn't reverse the trend it appears a lot of times and can be traded anyway (before the possible breakout) and this one is working well, just don't expect a reversal maybe just a small swing high. thank you.

Alpari.nz or Alpari.ru (this are good brokers)

Alpari.ru is Alpari.nz. If you open account with Alpari ru - you'll transfer money to NZ. They give normal quoting and trading, but money trasfer rather expensive - take a look at their fees for international transactions.

Hi friend,
First of all I must say, stay away from FXCM! Pesonally I have had very bad experience with them, (for 4 years as a retail trader with them) even before Dodd-Frank(FXCM literelly emerged from DB somehow and they have the same platform).

Hi Venelin,

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience. If you provide me with specifics, either in the FXCM discussion thread or by sending me a private message, I want to address your concerns. In the meantime, I would like to provide some clarification here. We did not emerge from DB. FXCM was founded in 1999 as an independent company, and in 2010, we became one of the only forex brokers to list as a publicly-traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: FXCM). Trading Station is our own proprietary software that we developed in-house. However, we have licensed our software for other companies to use.

Jason

I am a Canadian resident and have traded with FXCM for several years now. Today they informed me by an email that all Canadian accounts must be transferred to a certain Canadian broker (their subsidiary I understand) or closed. I checked out terms and conditions of their (and other) Canadian broker, and was shocked - outrageous margin requirements, etc.

Hi MidnightRun,

Just to clarify, new regulations came out in Canada that prohibit anyone except for brokers regulated in Canada from offering trading services to Canadian residents. Since FXCM is not regulated in Canada, we can no longer offer you trading services directly. However, we have a solution for traders in Canada. Friedberg Direct (www.fxcm.ca) is regulated in Canada and offers trading services to Canadian residents on FXCM's platform. The No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution and spreads are the same as what's available to FXCM clients worldwide. One big advantage of having your account with a Canadian firm like Friedberg is that your funds are protected by the Canadian Investor Protection Fund for up to $1 million.

At first glance the margin requirements in Canada might seem much higher than you've been used to in the past, but it's important to note that there is both an initial margin and a liquidation margin. While the initial margin level is higher than you were used to with FXCM UK, the liquidation margin level is actually lower. This video explains it in more detail: Brainshark

If you have further questions, feel free to ask me either in the FXCM discussion thread or by sending me a private message.

Jason

Back