Forex Signal (Mon, Jan 04, 04:30 am EST) UK Manufacturing PMI

Many thanks Crazy Cat, big work, very useful.
Be happy, think how many users read your posts, understand your words and don't leave comments.
:)

if it previously went up when the published figure was lower than expected, why would it now go up if the figure is higher than expected ? what am I missing? or is it a mix-up?

mrcheerful looking at the charts you can see that sterling went down by 30pips then continued it's uptrend, I imagine it's simply a typo error.

Last edited:
To All Confused

On Dec. 1st Manufacturing PMI did come out 2.2 weaker than the expected 54. My software says it dropped 22 pips on the 15 min candle then reversed from there. Could this be a trade where you dot your i's, cross your t's and it still goes against you. Crazy Cat Can you comment on this one? Thanks

Hello,

I am Victor from Nigeria.I get signals from you but since I am in Nigeria ,I do not know what time to enter the market and trade the signals I get pls advise me.

Victor

You can also login to forexfactory.com where you have all the news releasing times. On this page you can choose your local time zone and you can see exactly at what local time news come out... Hope this is helpful

A higher reading is generally beneficial to the currency, a lower reading generally the reverse is true. The key word here is generally. If the number is expected to be appreciably higher but turns out marginally higher the market will be disppointed and the currency will (possibly) fall. Small deviations in this report from expected will not generally move the market very much - if at all.

On Dec. 1st Manufacturing PMI did come out 2.2 weaker than the expected 54. My software says it dropped 22 pips on the 15 min candle then reversed from there. Could this be a trade where you dot your i's, cross your t's and it still goes against you. Crazy Cat Can you comment on this one? Thanks

I am not sure what your software is but based on the chart I can see a drop from about 1.6540-30 to about 1.6500 which is 30-40 pips. Don't forget it was released at 4:28, not 4:30 so look at the right candle.

Hi there :)

It used to be released at 4:28 a.m. so I am not sure if they switched back to 4:30 a.m. or it's a mistake. I will keep an eye on it right before the report.

It seems it's going to be at 4:28.

Thanks,
Crazy Cat

Hello,

I am Victor from Nigeria.I get signals from you but since I am in Nigeria ,I do not know what time to enter the market and trade the signals I get pls advise me.

Victor

Hi Victor, just go to the site Slikk77 recommended. In addition, U fit drop me a private mail make i for fit help u out .....i no wan make dis pple know wetin i dey yarn.
goodluck..

Last edited:
Back