Forex Signal (Thu, Jan 07, 10:00 am EST) Canadian IVEY PM

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat with a potentially profitable trading opportunity...

Thursday, January 07th (10:00 am New York Time) Canada

We have Canadian IVEY PMI coming out. It is expected to read 51.0. Last month it read 55.9.

I recommend trading USD/CAD for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/CAD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ator-descriptions/7398-canadian-ivey-pmi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 5.5. This means that if Canadian IVEY PMI comes out at 56.5 or more, USD/CAD will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 45.5 or less, USD/CAD will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...vey-pmi-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on December 04th, Canadian IVEY PMI came out at 55.9, versus an expectation of 60.0. USD/CAD went up by around 45 pips, and it was not even 5.5 deviation that I recommend. See for yourself what happened by seeing this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

The reason why I want to see a bit bigger deviation is because it is not a major report and sometimes it does not move much with smaller triggers. Nevertheless, a smaller trigger such as 4 may move USD/CAD a bit as well. We shall see.

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for CAD IVEY PMI

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadian IVEY PMI

Not to nitpick but the last report was on 12/4/09 just in case anyone wanted to check the movement.

enlightenment on daily forex signal

Please Sir/ma,i Need More Explanation On Daily Forex Signal That Is The Interpretation Of The Forecast On How To Make Use Ofthread On Whether To Buy Or Sell,also Time To Trade This Currency And To Be Frank With You Sir, I Dont Understand The Link Which You Usually Direct Me To.and Finally This After-spike Retracement Strategy,i M Confused,because I Am New In This Sites, I Will Be Grateful If You Help Me Out..................................may This Year Be Our Fulfilled Year.thanks

Hi abduwahab,

you just need to check the outcome of the indicator. Take a look at Forex Factory and see for the calendar. There you will find the actual figure of this indicator once it is released. Dependend on the outcome, you simply have to follow the strategy published by Crazy Cat. The after-spike retracement strategy is quite simple to understand and follow. If the indicator comes out at 45.5 or less, you can expect USD/CAD to go down by 30 pips (the movement can be more or less). During that mentionned period of 45 minutes it can happen, that USD/CAD first goes down, then goes up and again goes down. In this case you have two possibilities:

1. You enter the trade when the indicator was released and hit the trigger and anticipate the first downward movement. You get out of the trade with 20 or 30 pips win (or whatever you have defined you would take as profit) and if you realize USD/CAD is unexpectedly going into the other direction. Now you either open an opposite trade or wait when USD/CAD goes down again and then open a trade.

Got it?

Regards,
Hubert

Sorry, I made the following mistake: according to the strategy USD/CAD will go up (not down) when the indicator comes out at 45.5 or less.

Just think of a wave movement where you want to ride the wave according to what the indicator said.

Back