1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forex Signal (Tuesday January 17, 2011 – 9:00am EDT) – CA BOC Rate Decision

Discussion in 'Current Forex Trading Signals' started by Stavro D'Amore, Jan 16, 2012.

  1. Stavro D'Amore

    Stavro D'Amore Former FPA Special Consultant

    Jul 29, 2011
    Likes Received:

    Today we have CA BOC rate decision please see my trade plan below.

    CA BOC Rate Decision
    Forecast 1.00%
    Previous 1.00%
    Pair to trade: USD/CAD

    Numbers we need:
    BUY USD/CAD 0.75%
    SELL USD/CAD 1.25%

    Economical Impact: High
    Typical Result: Hawkish is Good for Currency
    Occurrence: Scheduled 8 times per year
    Spike Probability: Good, we can see 60 pips on initial spike

    About our Triggers:
    CA GDP m/m is forecasted to arrive at 1.00%
    We are looking for a deviation of 0.25% either way on this trade.
    If we get 1.25% or better I will look to enter a SHORT position on USD/CAD and if we get
    0.75% or lower I will go LONG on USD/CAD.
    Should this report be triggered, we can expect to see about 60 pips on the initial spike.
    We have no known conflict for this release. This trade will have a good chance of a 30% retrace on the initial spike

    What is it? And why does the market care?
    The Bank of Canada (BOC) decision on short term interest rate. The decision on where to set interest rates depends mostly on growth outlook and inflation. The primary objective of the central bank is to achieve price stability. High interest rates attract foreigners looking for the best "risk-free" return on their money, which can dramatically increases demand for the nation's currency.

    A higher than expected rate is positive/bullish for the CAD.
    A lower than expected rate is negative/bearish for the CAD.

    Method I use to trade this:
    Stavro D’Amore Trading Method

    Felix Trading indicators:
    Trading Descriptions

    I will look for a 30-50% retracement in the original spike before entering a trade; I will sell half my position as soon as I hit the original high point of the first initial spike and place a SL at entry price. My TP level would be just before a resistance level or if the chart decides to form a support level, looking at a 15 minute chart time frame.

    I do recommend spike trading as an option when there is great uncertainty in the markets; also the liquidity is very good at the moment if you are using an ECN broker.

    Historical Chart and Data for CA BOC Rate Decision

    All the best

    Stavro D’Amore
    #1 Stavro D'Amore, Jan 16, 2012
    Lasted edited by : Sep 8, 2016
  2. bamzi

    bamzi Recruit

    Jan 15, 2012
    Likes Received:
    Hi Stavro,

    I am completely new comer in this web site while it looks like quite educating to me. I just wonder where should I start from to understand your trade plans exactly. For instance I could not understand 1.0% refers to rate at which point in time? Could you please little bit elaborate on that or give me another link where I can understand the basics.

    Best regards.
  3. dmedraft

    dmedraft Recruit

    Jan 13, 2012
    Likes Received:
    Help for a newbie

    Sorry but I need a little more guidance here, I'm new at this.

    I'm thinking that just before the news release I set up a market order and set my leverage but wait until the news is released and depending on the news I then set either a sell or a buy. Any additional instruction would be helpful.
  4. JanPoko

    JanPoko Private

    Oct 3, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Dean and Banzi,
    stop trading and go to the forex school immediately, otherwise you will blow up your account in no time. I am sorry to say that, but the level of your ignorance as far as forex is concerned is simply overwhelming. No one could teach you enough just on the forum. You evidently have some weeks or even months of study to do...

Share This Page