FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you see this? This is not just an advantage, it's an extreme conflick of interest. Most of the people marketing these EA's are not on my trusted list. Their only goal is to authenticate their exagerated results, through whatever means neccessary, so that they can then claim how well it did in the FPA's unbiased testing. We're already starting to see EA marketing claiming FPA results. If this is true, it removes any idea of an unbiased performance test, and seriously impairs this sites credability.

Ken
At the top of each performance test page where they give the set up info log.
Check out cloverix. and fx equity builder. I thought there was one more, but I might have been mistaken.

I noticed some of the latest EA's in testing are being "hosted and maintained by the developers". Is this an option to the rest of us, or just a marketing ploy. I don't see how the test results can help anyone who is not making those same adjustments at the same time. Obviously the developer has an advantage in making adjustments, but most purchasers will not.
I would like Admin Staff to address.

There have been a few issues with keeping the software up to date. Sometimes, a bunch of EA updates come in on the same date and the programmers don't get them updated quickly enough. A normal user would never be running this many, so should be able to keep updated.

Having the EA company apply updates more quickly might give the FPA's performance test a small advantage. It also means that any bad updates get applied more quickly.

There is no way for the EA provider to alter the results of trades displayed. In cases like this, the FPA runs a copy of MT4 using the investor password. All statistics shown come from the MT4 account.

Last edited:
Announcing the latest additions …

Aeron Forex Auto Trader

Forex Apocalypse EA

FX Equity Builder

Pips Miner SE

Just follow the links to the review page and look in the upper-left for the link labeled EA Test. You can also check out the Test Lab page, which lists all EAs being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week.

There are a few more in the pipeline, but the programmers keep pretending they've got swine flu to avoid work.

Notes: I'd like to thank FxEquityBuilder for donating access to their EA service.

Several bots were updated. Notes about the latest updates appear on each EA's Performance Test page.

People keep writing in with EA support questions. All information the FPA has is posted on each Performance Test page. Some EAs may need special settings depending on if the broker is 4 or 5 digits. Some may need adjustments if your broker is NFA regulated and how it observes hedging and FIFO rules. Please contact the EA vendor for this information.

Last edited:
Announcing the latest additions …

Aeron Forex Auto Trader

Forex Apocalypse EA

FX Equity Builder

Pips Miner SE

Just follow the links to the review page and look in the upper-left for the link labeled EA Test. You can also check out the Test Lab page, which lists all EAs being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week.

There are a few more in the pipeline, but the programmers keep pretending they've got swine flu to avoid work.

Notes: I'd like to thank FxEquityBuilder for donating access to their EA service.

Several bots were updated. Notes about the latest updates appear on each EA's Performance Test page.

People keep writing in with EA support questions. All information the FPA has is posted on each Performance Test page. Some EAs may need special settings depending on if the broker is 4 or 5 digits. Some may need adjustments if your broker is NFA regulated and how it observes hedging and FIFO rules. Please contact the EA vendor for this information.

:D
Thank you very for this wonderful info AsstModerator.I aprreciate it a lot.I'm sure other will benefit from it too.Thanks again and MORE POWER!:D

Suggestions

Great work,

When the programmers recover from swine flue :)p), maybe they could look into adding a column for 'maximum drawdown' as that is key to knowing the risk level of the program. Another feature is to possibly allow us to see the parameters used for each EA because it appears you sometimes use different parameters than the default ones.

Great job! ;)

i_me

There have been a few issues with keeping the software up to date. Sometimes, a bunch of EA updates come in on the same date and the programmers don't get them updated quickly enough. A normal user would never be running this many, so should be able to keep updated.

Having the EA company apply updates more quickly might give the FPA's performance test a small advantage. It also means that any bad updates get applied more quickly.

There is no way for the EA provider to alter the results of trades displayed. In cases like this, the FPA runs a copy of MT4 using the investor password. All statistics shown come from the MT4 account.

AsstModerator Thank you for responding. I do understand, and appreciate the effort that goes into your performance testing which is why I frequent this site. My concern is that the these EA owners can make adjustments without us knowing. I am not questioning there results, but what was done to get them. If all changes are reported and posted in your test log as you do with the others that would be fine, but how do we know.
Are all updates passed on to the buyers, or to you?
If I purchase there product am I going to get the same updates asap?
How often and how many updates are being made?
This is all information needed to decide if a product fits ones trading style.

:)
Thanks you very much AsstModerator.This will be a big help to me and other newbies as well.MORE PWER ! :D

Investor_me,

I like the suggestion about Max Drawdown and will pass it to the programming team.

Anytime the FPA deviates from default on EAs we managed, it's noted on the page.

Dalemm,

It is possible that an EA seller might try to apply "better" settings to an account with the FPA, but that would not be in their best interests. If real customers who pay money aren't kept up to date, they won't get similar performance. Then it won't matter how good the stats at the FPA are. There really wouldn't be any reason for an EA company to hide secret updates and better settings from customers.

If you do sign up for one of the "remotely managed" EAs that's tested here, make sure to let the company know that you want to have similar settings and updates available to you. If I find out that a company is giving us "FPA Only" updates that aren't available to customers, I'll make sure the company and the members of the FPA know about it.

I can tell you that any time the FPA's copy of an EA shows trades that don't match what customers are getting, I get emails and reviews about it. Some deviations will be because of differences between live and demo. Some will be because of different price feeds between brokers. Some EAs work better with either 4 digit or 5 digit pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back