FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
pipsleader ea, is it a ripoff ? if you bought it read this!!

Thanks for your support. I have been testing Pipsleader now for a month on 2 brokers demo accounts and been most impressed. Well worth a look. I am going live with it.

it looks like it may be a copy of someone else`s work, go on mt4 platform and right click any expert advisor, a list will appear, at the bottom of the list it says "online library" click this, click the tab that says "experts" scroll down the list till you count to number 78, you should see an e/a called divergance trader, date 22/9/08, author- collector, click the download tab and the expert will appear in the experts column on your mt4 platform, test it on demo side by side on a 5 minute chart with pipsleader and a 1 hour chart with pipsleader, the results will be identical. compare the parameters in the settings box, looks familiar?? the only thing thats not the same is the price, divergance trader can be downloaded free.

2 other robots to test please

Can these 2 robots from 4xproject also be followed : Forex derivative 2.0 which is claimed to be the best EA of 2009 and euroblaster? Forex-robot is now following 8 EA on live accounts since the beginning of June 2009. Does anyone think it's better than backtesting or forward testing on demo accounts?

EA testing

There were 21 bots being tested and the programmers just added 4 more.

Keep those votes coming in. I'd like to get more added soon.

Note: I'm looking at ways to add some non-commerical EAs. Currently, things are set up to only link to products with review pages, but I've got the website programmers looking at other options to expand testing in the future.

Hi AsstModerator,

I am very interested in your EA testing program and I'd like to have some comments about this, thought it may save our time:

If you don't mind you may make a short list of EA which meet the following requirements for general trading conditions:

No hedge EA.
No martingale EA.
No scalp EA.
Max open 0.1 lot ($1/pip) for 10k account at any given time.
Must profit in backtest for at least for 12 months or better profits every month in the year 2008.
Max DD in backtest <30% in at least for 12 months or better DD <30% every month in the year 2008.

If any one want to add more conditions, welcome please!

Cheers,

EA "Sharmanka" - 16.6% return within last month

EA "Sharmanka" in FPA town.

Perfect EA for high volatility pairs => AUDJPY,GBPJPY,GBPCHF,GBPAUD,GBPCAD

works with any pair.

16.6% plus in equity, balance +25.14% from initial deposit.

Gross Profit: 273 180.18
Gross Loss: 21 768.07 Total
Net Profit: 251 412.11
Profit Factor: 12.55
Expected Payoff: 31.64
Absolute Drawdown: 0.00
Maximal Drawdown: 8 396.57 (0.74%)
Relative Drawdown: 0.74% (8 396.57)

Total Trades: 7945
Short Positions (won %): 817 (93.76%)
Long Positions (won %): 7128 (100.00%)
Profit Trades (% of total): 7894 (99.36%)
Loss trades (% of total): 51 (0.64%)
Largest profit trade: 122.45 loss trade: -1 000.04
Average profit trade: 34.61 loss trade: -426.82
Maximum consecutive wins ($): 2970 (130 690.12)
consecutive losses ($): 14 (-5 202.00)
Maximal consecutive profit (count): 130 690.12 (2970)
consecutive loss (count): -5 202.00 (14)
Average consecutive wins: 376 consecutive losses: 3

EA is not for sale, only for management accounts.

Detail Reports are avalible on request.

Demo Vs Live Testing

I justed wanted to chime in and remind everyone of the vast difference between Demo and Live trading. I have been trading with EA's for a few years and can assure you that the results are always profoundly different, especially for the scalper EA's like FAPT
The data fed into the broker's live platform is usually way different to the demo platform - usually it is much less volatile or appears 'filtered'. Add to that slippage, requotes and wider spreads and you are trading in a completely different ballpark.

I would like to see the FPA transition the 'demo profitable' EA's they are testing to live accounts of at least 1K after a period of say 1 month or so.
The FPA is in effect promoting some EA's based on profitable demo performance (particularly to newcomers to forex who do not know better). I wonder how many newbies have bought an EA and slapped it straight on a live account based on the slick marketing of their promoters and the 'independent' demo test results at FPA.

It's time for the FPA to pony up on some of these EA's and really put them to the test.

I justed wanted to chime in and remind everyone of the vast difference between Demo and Live trading. I have been trading with EA's for a few years and can assure you that the results are always profoundly different, especially for the scalper EA's like FAPT
The data fed into the broker's live platform is usually way different to the demo platform - usually it is much less volatile or appears 'filtered'. Add to that slippage, requotes and wider spreads and you are trading in a completely different ballpark.

I would like to see the FPA transition the 'demo profitable' EA's they are testing to live accounts of at least 1K after a period of say 1 month or so.
The FPA is in effect promoting some EA's based on profitable demo performance (particularly to newcomers to forex who do not know better). I wonder how many newbies have bought an EA and slapped it straight on a live account based on the slick marketing of their promoters and the 'independent' demo test results at FPA.

It's time for the FPA to pony up on some of these EA's and really put them to the test.

Amusing, which of these "demo profitable" EA's were you suggesting they put on live 1K accounts, and who is going to put up the funding for these accounts? Unless of course you are suggesting that the FPA throws thousands of dollars down the toilet for this project?

Most of these EA's are not capable of being profitable long term, and even the ones that appear to be profitable on a demo account are rarely as capable on a live account, or through any of the different market changes. The few that are capable, or seem to be capable, are well discussed in the forums, and there are people with live accounts who are willing to post their results. I really doubt that the FPA is going to put up thousands of dollars to live test these, even if there were one or two they thought were worthwhile. Mostly public demo testing like this allows us to examine how these EA's trade without the developers and marketers hype and interference. Even on a demo account I can see the trading style, the way it handles drawdowns and loses, how it enters and manages trades, and whether its something I would be interested in working with further.

As far as the newbies go, everyone is on their own in this business. The sooner they learn to think for themselves the better. The market is pretty much the same for everyone. Everyone needs to go through the same search, and the same learning proccesses, before they can begin to understand and find their place in this game. However, some people need more time, or need to lose more money, before they realize whats going on, and of course some people never will. Thats just the way of the markets, and has more to do with individual psychology than knowledge. The best that you can tell any of them, is not to lose all their money at once. Survival is key to learning and mastering this business.

Robominer

Hi, first off I would like to say thanks for this website. It's very informative and some of the work done is sure to save a lot of people time, effort and money.

You are very hot on pointing out scams so that readers don't get caught out. Would you consider someone claiming good results on an EA and stating they are using 'default' settings a scam? A lot of EA's will produce some good profits for a short period when the settings are at a high risk level but they won't keep these profits. That is why some of the default settings for EA's don't produce the same results as claimed results by the sales pages.

One of your test EA's has been showing results of about +5% a week which certainly caught my eye so I started testing it myself. I didn't get the same results. On checking further I see that some of the trades for your Robominer test are going through with lot sizes of 0.1 when according to the vendor the lot sizes in default mode should be 0.01. This means that FPA has been misleading people into thinking that this EA has been producing +5% a week on the default settings when this isn't correct.

This extra risk has now been brought home as the open trades with the 0.1 lot sizes are losing more money than this EA should be able to lose on the default settings and currently appears to be losing money.

I think this particular test on Robominer should be stopped and restarted with the correct settings. At the very least you should remove the comment that states it is using the default settings as this is still misleading people.

FPA is a good site and I would like you to maintain your standards by dealing with this anomaly.

Regards
Garesu

I asked the bot guys to double-check robominer and they tell me that the FPA copy is running at default settings. If there is something in your copy of the manual that says something else, please used the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and to let me know exactly where in the manual it talks about this particular setting.

Amusing, which of these "demo profitable" EA's were you suggesting they put on live 1K accounts, and who is going to put up the funding for these accounts? Unless of course you are suggesting that the FPA throws thousands of dollars down the toilet for this project?

Ken, glad you're amused. Allow me to pull you through 1 step at a time. The majority of people perceive the FPA's reputation as being independent, honest, reliable and 'sticks up for the little guy'. If the FPA 'independently demo tests' commercial Expert Advisors and the results are positive, then whether the FPA intends it or not, that is an endorsement for the software.
All EA's being demo tested by the FPA can be found here https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...48-fpa-introduces-ea-performance-testing.html - the ones showing reasonable profits in demo are IMO M5G Cyborg, FAPT, Enterra Star, Poison Robot, Megadroid, Forex Hitter & Shark 5
There are 7 EA's there, so it would require 7k to fund forward live testing, however not the whole 7k is at risk. Put a maximum D/D level in place at which time the EA is turned off. Even if that level were an extremely generous 50% then the max that could be lost is 3.5k if they all failed dismally.
HERE'S AN IDEA - Why not invite the purveyors of these softwares to fund their own live accounts managed by the FPA? Now that would be putting your money where your mouth is! Refusal to do so would surely be a statement in itself...after all you would only be asking them to invest in the very same product they are recommending other people invest in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back