FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
FPA is delving into an intresting area in forex trading. Many traders and friends bought and used so many EAs with very low performance. They often change one EA to another because of inefficiency. Therefore, the parameters for testing EA's permance by FPA should be enhanced enough to detect their low efficiency nature.

Continue the good job.

New EA that I am looking at currently

Greetings Earthling: the robot is Forex Mega Droid, kinda new,if you could perhaps rate and comment about this monster, Danke, Pitz

New EA for test

Hello!
I think these robots would be interesting to be tested:

EuroBlaster
Forex Goldminer
EA Shark 5.0 Ultimate
Winning Solution

I saw some positive reports about them and would be of interest to know whether they are performing so well in independent live accounts. They all have ggod customer support in any case.

Kind regards,

Juan

Euroblaster works great when it`s strong trend and get you into trouble when market condition is like now. Also there is no support as soon as you have this problem. I bought it a while ago, was extremely happy first week and then it start loosing like crazy. And since then I didn`t get any reply from Patrick about new set-ups or so.

goldminer and shark is here! did you check performance reports first???

didn't try shark by miself, but goldminer drowdowns more than earns in my experience.

Last edited:
2 died and are replaced by 4 new ones

IMPORTANT: Weekly totals are averages. This is to level the playing field between bots that have run for a few weeks and those that have been running for many months. Since not all the EAs started at the same time, showing that one made or lost 300 pips total compared to 400 pips for another bot doesn't mean much if you don't know how long each has been running. Showing an EA averaging 50 pips per week over many weeks means a lot more.

A lot of the first EAs we've been testing have had problems as Alpari US has to follow NFA anti-hedging and FIFO rules. They are also changing from 4 digit to 5 digit pricing, which is causing problems for a couple of other bots. The programmers are in the process of shifting most of the bots to offshore brokers.

There were 28 bots being tested. Two bots wiped out their accounts and stopped trading. The programmers just added 4 more.

And now, the latest additions (in alphabetical order) ...

Forex Humanoid

Forex Revolver

Freedom Forex by DayTradingasaBusiness.

Ivy Bot

Just follow the links to the review page and look in the upper-left for the link labeled EA Test.

You can also check out the Test Lab page, which lists all EAs being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week.

The biggest losers wer The Forex Maestro and Forex Funnel. After losing almost all of the money, both stopped trading. The testing on these has ceased. If the makers of Forex Maestro and Forex Funnel want to contact the FPA and recommend a different broker or different settings, they can use the “Contact Us” link below.

The 4 above join the 26 that are currently undergoing tests...

Automatic Forex Crusher

Autopilot Forex Profit

Enterra Forex Star

EU4X - M5G Cyborg

FAP Turbo

Fedora FX

Forex AI

Forex Auto Scalper

Forex Boomerang

Forex Conqueror

Forex Derivative

Forex EA Systems – Shark Ultimate

Forex Espionage

Forex Goldmine Robominer

Forex Grid Bot

Forex Hitter (GetToBeRichNow)

Forex MegaDroid

Forex Rising

Forex Robot Trader/Steinitz HAS MTF

Forex Smart Robot/Aussie Investa

Forex Transformer

Forex Vengeance

Poison Robot

Scalp Turbo

The Forex Fantasy

The Forex Supremacy

You keep voting. I'll keep adding.

Notes: I'd like to thank DayTradingAsABusiness.com for donating access to their Freedom Forex EA. They are running it on their own servers, so please contact them if there are any questions regarding the settings.

Forex-Auto-Scalper restarted with a 4-digit broker. It is free and offers no support. IvyBot also needed a 4 digit broker. Why a new commercial EA wouldn't be able to handle a 5 digit feed is a mystery to me. I will ask the programmers to recheck the manual to make sure nothing was missed.

FapTurbo has been moved to a broker they recommend. It should be interesting to see how this changes the performance.

A number of other bots have been moved to Alpari UK. Note that old statements have been saved for all moved bots and are accessible via a drop down menu on their performance test pages.

Shark updated.

Forex Hitter updated.

Forex Poison – added GBPUSD 5 minute and updated software

MG5 updated.

thanks for your great work.
i hope rest of EA's which now don't work with 5digits proce will be remanufactured to fit 5digits price quote and we will be able to continue testing.

i think we should use same broker (Alpari US LLC) for testing of new EAs and try to restart tests with EA's just when they will again support broker with 5digits just to have confidence for all this test.
One MT4 broker don't equal other MT4 broker even with same version number of platform (virtual dealers, dalays, quoting holes etc...) so i think we should use same broker for all new and existing EAs.

Alpari is kind of a dead end now. With the new NFA rulings, and the change to 5 digits only, it is going to be limited in its use.

Time to look for an offshore broker that runs on 4 digits. This is the only way to keep going without concern for the NFA restrictions. As far as the quote digits, we know that all EA's run well on 4 digits, not all run equally as well on 5 digits. If we have to choose one, stick to a 4 digit broker, if you have the space to add a 5 digit broker that could be a plus for some EA's that are designed to use the extra detail.

More bots have been shifted to different brokers. Some can't handle 5 digit pricing. Some can't handle the NFA's restrictions on trading..

There were 30 bots being tested. One would not trade and support was less than helpful, so it was stopped. The programmers have added 3 more.

And now, the latest additions (in alphabetical order) ...

Forex Accumulator

Forex Cyclone

Trading Faith

Just follow the links to the review page and look in the upper-left for the link labeled EA Test.

Performance Testing for Forex Vengeance was stopped. It only had opened and canceled a single pending trade. Support ignored the first request for help and then send a form letter the second time.

You can also check out the Test Lab page, which lists all EAs being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week.

The 3 above join the 29 that are currently undergoing tests...

Automatic Forex Crusher

Autopilot Forex Profit

Enterra Forex Star

EU4X - M5G Cyborg

FAP Turbo

Fedora FX

Forex AI

Forex Auto Scalper

Forex Boomerang

Forex Conqueror

Forex Derivative

Forex EA Systems – Shark Ultimate

Forex Espionage

Forex Goldmine Robominer

Forex Grid Bot

Forex Hitter (GetToBeRichNow)

Forex Humanoid

Forex MegaDroid

Forex Revolver

Forex Rising

Forex Robot Trader/Steinitz HAS MTF

Forex Smart Robot/Aussie Investa

Forex Transformer

Freedom Forex by DayTradingasaBusiness.

Ivy Bot

Poison Robot

Scalp Turbo

The Forex Fantasy

The Forex Supremacy

You keep voting. I'll keep adding more as quickly as I can get the bot guys to install them.

Notes: I'd like to thank TradingFaith.at for donating access to their EA. They are running it on their own servers, so please contact them if there are any questions regarding the settings.

A number of EAs were restarted due to changing to non-US or to 4 digit brokers. Old statements are available by using the dropdown link on each EA's page.

Many of the EAs have been upgraded to the latest versions. You can see notes about this on each EA's Performance Testing page.
Two larger upgrades were Aussie Investa and Forex AI.

Stenitz HAS MTF kept getting stuck with large floating drawdowns. It's been moved to a non-NFA broker and restarted using the “scalper” settings and setting it to close trades weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back