FPA Introduces EA Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aeron EA

You are right, it is looking horrible:mad: on FPA test.
But I am running it very conservatively, on FPA test it has used the default settings, that is 1% of free margin to calculate the initial lots size, but I specified the lots size, that covers only in 0.25% of free margin, so at present my drawdown is only 9.8%, but when all positions will close, sure there will be good profit.:)

John

Really? From the FPA test Aeron looks horrible. If it wasn't trading micro lots those open trades would have wiped out the account by now.

More EAs for you

I've got 5 new ones for you to check out...

Forex Knightrider

Forex Godfather version 2

TradeChimp by BestExpertAdvisors

Forex Transporter & Forex Transporter Premium

Three old ones failed...

Euro Investa stopped after 99.1% of account equity

Freedom Forex stopped after losing 98% of account equity

Oliver Velez Trade for Life stopped after losing 83% of account equity

I'm told that MQL45 is working on an improved version of the Oliver Velez software. If they or any other product that crashed wants a restart under new conditions, the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the page is available.

Notes: I'd like to personally thank BestExpertAdvisors for donating access to TradeChimp. I'd also like to personally thank NextGenerationFxTrading for donating ForexTransporter and ForexGodfather version 2.

As usual, there were some software updates and resets. Notes are on the individual Performance Test pages.

I've got three new EAs for you to check out...

Cash-Cruiser

Cyborg Collective by EU4X

Forex Juggernaut

Notes: I'd like to personally thank EU4X for donating access to their Cyborg Collective EA and Next Generation Fx Trading for donating Forex Juggernaut.

There are a couple of other volunteers, but some technical issues have delayed getting those started.

I've got four more new EAs for you, 2 dead ones, plus something else...

Cardinal FX

EAKAIN by BestEAForex

Quart EA

USD Bot

In the crash and burn department, Forex Derivative lost over 93% of account equity, and Forex Humanoid lost over 77% of account equity.

The people at Forex Robot World Cup contacted the FPA. It seems that some people were claiming that all the FRWC bots were running in demo accounts. FRWC denies this. They wouldn't let me add the FRWC EAs to the FPA's Performance Testing Program yet, but did give me the investor passwords to 10 of them. I checked and can confirm that the LMD-Multicurrency, HiRIDER, SuperVolcano, VREM2, Nutcracker, Simple, Neg-Correlation-USDCHF, Zoop-EURJPY, AkuKaya, and USFX accounts appear to be on live accounts and were not running on a demo server at the brokerage. I've set up a review page for FRWC here...

Forex Robot World Cup | Forex-Robot-World-Cup.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

Notes: I'd like to personally thank Cardinal FX, Best EA Forex, and Quartz EA for volunteering to be part of the FPA's Performance Testing program.

As always, there were many updates. Those are all noted on the individual test pages.

Last edited:
Question about performance testing on FPA...

Are the tests done here at FPA done on live accounts? Are some on live and others on a demo account?

Thank you.

Does the FPA plan on continuing its testing of the USDBOT when its evident that its programing was all stolen from Forex Factory site, and pretty obvious that the person selling it is neither a trader or a programer, and just anouther internet marketer clipping stuff off the free forums to sell to the Forex market. I'm suprised that the members here are not more upset by this, the way they were when Richard Stevenson stole the programing for his Forex Magic Machine and tried to sell it for $149

What difference does it make if it is demo or real?

On a real account the spread width will vary with the circumstances, you will encounter slippage durring any quick market movement, and often not get orders filled at the price you offer. Consider, you have pending orders to open or close a position on both a demo and live account, and important news is released that causes the market to move 100 pips in less than 1 minute. Your demo will record the exact price you entered as the buy or sell price, while your live account will be off by 80-100 pips, or possibly not fill at all. If the order was a stop loss you will have lost an additional 80-100 pips, ouch. If it was a profit target will will most likely get the price you offered while someone else collects the difference. If it was an entry order you will most likely have not entered due to the slippage control. I have seen all of these happen at one time or anouther.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back