• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FxOpen.com ( FxEgypt)

General discussions of a financial company
This was to coincide and play with the end of Mayan calendar.
"Unfortunately" scientists found they had always been reading it wrong and recently amended - not 2012 but some hundred years later.
And all of sudden our wrathful Sun become friendly again, with or without flares :)

Yup, betting against the ultimate end proved very painful throughout history...

I must admit I did log off my PC just in case when the year 2000 came. I went outside and watched the fireworks fill the sky across London and waited for all the planes to fall out of the sky.

Fortunately that was a bit of an anticlimax. Just as I imagine 2012 will be. Well, at least some people will beat inflation with all the canned food they have stockpiled :D

I must admit I did log off my PC just in case when the year 2000 came. I went outside and watched the fireworks fill the sky across London and waited for all the planes to fall out of the sky.

Fortunately that was a bit of an anticlimax. Just as I imagine 2012 will be. Well, at least some people will beat inflation with all the canned food they have stockpiled :D

Unsinkable boat prices soared :)

Dear friends,
I have not been very active in Forex last year.
Now I want to find a good Broker, and I am very interested in FXOpen, but I think that the last forum entries are far from my main interest. I read about "fireworks", "boat prices".....but is FXopen paying, will be registered sometime somewhere, are they reliable as to invest an important (at least for me) sum.....??.
I would be most grateful if you could provide some kind of info about these topics (apart from doomsday, boats and the like).
Thanks a lot.

Dear friends,
I have not been very active in Forex last year.
Now I want to find a good Broker, and I am very interested in FXOpen, but I think that the last forum entries are far from my main interest. I read about "fireworks", "boat prices".....but is FXopen paying, will be registered sometime somewhere, are they reliable as to invest an important (at least for me) sum.....??.
I would be most grateful if you could provide some kind of info about these topics (apart from doomsday, boats and the like).
Thanks a lot.

I knew I'd get some public lashing for all the off-topic chatter ;-)
But if you browsed just few pages back you could find a lot of information you're interested in.

I'm a trader. I use FXOpen. It's registered in Mauritius and operates from Malaysia while having offices in other countries as well. Asian fellow traders say they can go to regular office and deposit/withdraw cash at regular cashier desk.
Never had any withdrawal problem.
Never any real trade difficulties nor controversy apart from an issue with some EA the broker didn't like and prohibited. But they allowed me to keep all the profit and withdraw. And I must admit this particular EA is controversial and they had the right to ban it (while they failed to communicate it up front in the first place).

I also like their micro account formula: everything is adjusted by 100 to resemble much bigger account. In effect you can practice on $100 account as if you were trading $10 000 account. You can develop a strategy and smoothly move it to standard account without any adjustments. This is very important - many traders fail when they move to bigger accounts only because they were not aware of the scale effect.

This was on the positive side.

On the negative side I'd expect better communication and pro-activity.
They had some tech issues recently and they were not communicated to the customers by the FXOpen properly. Neither they took any real action to help users overcome difficulties. I mean provide users alternate ways without any prompt once they found the issues.
Only thanks to this FxFrench thread I learned about it and got some help to work around.

Demo accounts are bit different that real accounts - time base is not the same and they switch DST while real accounts not. Real accounts clocks are often off sync by few minutes. This affects any automation sensitive to timing.
I general the time base is not their strong feature - FxFrench remember the week it was 8 or 6 hrs off sync? They still didn't fix the history on Real 1 during the week. I had to do it by myself - pair by pair, time frame by time frame…
I had some issues due to the timing and this forced me to rewrite my stuff to use external UTC reference only (this change greatly contributed to the banned EA success ;-) )

I also don't like the deposit/withdrawal services.
You have quite a lot of options but you have to keep a track of deposit-withdrawal path: money have to go the same way both ways. It's also costly. Well, these are not FXOpen fees but still it's more expensive than other services I know.
And the last but maybe not least, at least for me: USD accounts only.

All in all not bad.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Whooooo, Teodor, that's quite a mouthful you got there...and pretty close to the truth too which I hope FxOpen will take note and proactive on.

To Rafael Avila...bravo...you actually read our jesting around and smelling the roses away from the stiff upper-lip world of forex trading.
To answer all your queries and info you want on FxOpen, just go over to their site and dive straight into their forum. Absolutely no "pips" & obligation to you at all.

I concurred with Teodor here...FxOpen is quite a good broker and seems to honor all withdrawal requests. I have Demo with them for almost a year and Live with them 3-4 months. No real issue with them and got replies to all my e-mails.
And that FxOpenFrench is quite a helpful IB too (now I am kissing up to him! LOL)...but that's my view & honest opinion!

Dear friends, MANY MANY THANKS for your kind response.

I see that Fxopen is reliable enough, with the normal pros and cons.

I want to apologize for not taking the right conclusions from the complete thread, but it has been more clear and concise this way.

Thanks again. :D

You're welcome.

Can we get back to our off-topic, pure non-sense little self entertainment?
You know, trading is sometimes even more boring than fishing... I mean while you're waiting/looking for the fish ;-)

Wow! I graduated! just realized...

Last edited:
Dear friends, MANY MANY THANKS for your kind response.

I see that Fxopen is reliable enough, with the normal pros and cons.

I want to apologize for not taking the right conclusions from the complete thread, but it has been more clear and concise this way.

Thanks again. :D

Hi Rafael. I see Teodor already saw to your concerns :)

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

As for regulation, check out Licensee FSR Search Results
It was approved on Thursday and the ASIC site should be updated in the next few days. You can refer to our Sydney office then for regulated related questions.

You're welcome.

Can we get back to our off-topic, pure non-sense little self entertainment?
You know, trading is sometimes even more boring than fishing... I mean while you're waiting/looking for the fish ;-)

Wow! I graduated! just realized...

Hey it's still the weekend so have fun! :)

Anyway, we traders always like to start the weekend early. For me, I prefer Monday lunchtime after setting up the week's swing trades in the morning ;)

Congratulations on FxOpen for getting licensing from the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC).

"...we traders always like to start the weekend early. For me, I prefer Monday lunchtime..."

What??? You mean Professional Traders don't wake up at 5.30am (Malaysian time) and begin trading like mad at the start of the New Zealand market???????...
Hmmmmmm...ok...looks like I will have to rethink and restructure my trading style...and that Sive posted something about resting for 3 days after a successful or unsuccessful trading session.

Oh yah!..Teodor...I just head that the "perfect solar flares" is set to happen in 2012...so we have just over a year to make tons of money before being deep fried.

Last edited:
Back