Government Shutdown, yet no movement as of yet

Ben_Go

Recruit
OK, as someone who used to live in the U.S., I get that people are afraid of change, but for the dollar to have the same level of movement against other currencies just hours after the government shutdown begins bogels the mind. Maybe it's too early in the day in the US for things to have an effect on the trade markets, but even the futures market is staying calm.

The stock market is already reacting. Not that sharply, but it is there. Maybe all the main participants are still waiting to see what is going to happen next. Hope Obama will sacrifice his health care programs in order to prevent the heavy consequences

The stock market is already reacting. Not that sharply, but it is there. Maybe all the main participants are still waiting to see what is going to happen next. Hope Obama will sacrifice his health care programs in order to prevent the heavy consequences

Thats republicans avenging lost elections ?

After careful and calm examination of the situation, I recommend we all take a slow stroll to the nearest exit, step outside, and . . . .

START SCREAMING IN PANIC!!!!

This is just weird now, gold dipped, than rebounded. Dollar is down against everything except the JPY. Does anyone see an end to this in sight?

Ok, let's see. I don't see any considerable consequences for USD, however, I've been recently reading the article from Bloomberg where they talk about the impact on the CAD. Does it mean that people are afraid of disturbing the USD in order for not to provoke the world financial crisis. There could be another danger though, at some point the status quo will change and that will be a time of real panic.

Other than NASA and eConsumer, I really don't miss the government. :p

There's another issue looming. The ever mobile debt ceiling isn't likely to be adjusted upwards while the government is shut down.

Back