• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Hi.Newbie here. Best strategy and platform?

Jason Nurse

Recruit
Hi. I'm new to forums just as I'm new to to forex.. I've been studying and practice demo accounts for 6 mos. and my question is.. What do you think is the best Trading Strategy. or is it something I have to learn on my own? and is MT4 the best platform there is?

Hi. I'm new to forums just as I'm new to to forex.. I've been studying and practice demo accounts for 6 mos. and my question is.. What do you think is the best Trading Strategy. or is it something I have to learn on my own? and is MT4 the best platform there is?

I am also quite new in the Forex scene, but I am spending much time at the moment learning. There are so many strategies out there... Have you been successful in the 6 months of practicing?
Important is to understand the strategy and then demo test it. If the results are positive, that's it!
Sound easy, but only some traders have success at the end...
I hope to be one of them :)

I tried different platforms, but MT4 is really my choice.

I also agree, MT4 is pretty well the platform to use. There are a few brokers out there that have their own platforms, but using MT4 you have a large number of traders out there can help you with the platform. Where you can't get much help from others that aren't familiar with that particular platform, except your broker, if your using their platform.
As far as a strategy goes be careful with them. Lots of strategies work under the conditions they were developer under. Then when the markets change, which they do all the time, there goes your strategy. Hope that helps you. CurrencyCowboy@hotmail.com

I am also quite new in the Forex scene, but I am spending much time at the moment learning. There are so many strategies out there... Have you been successful in the 6 months of practicing?
Important is to understand the strategy and then demo test it. If the results are positive, that's it!

I also agree, MT4 is pretty well the platform to use. There are a few brokers out there that have their own platforms, but using MT4 you have a large number of traders out there can help you with the platform. Where you can't get much help from others that aren't familiar with that particular platform, except your broker, if your using their platform.
As far as a strategy goes be careful with them. Lots of strategies work under the conditions they were developer under. Then when the markets change, which they do all the time, there goes your strategy. Hope that helps you. CurrencyCowboy@hotmail.com

I don't know if MT4 is the best platform, but this is the one that personally I like best! I have also tried different ones, but MT4 works better for me. I have been using it for 2 years now.

Last edited:
Have fun

MT-4 may not be the best but it is a “STANDARD” to work from. Better "that" then every broker having a "DIFFERENT" platform (in past years) for you to learn in a 30 day trial, while working a 40hr job, get real. You didn’t have to re-learn, well, not every thing,,,. Every brokers’s MT-4 is a little different. That is the purpose, get a standard and learn how brokers change it, and how???
Have fun.:confused::err:

Last edited:

Yeah.. Mostly positive results but who knows what happen when I would be using a real account.. Will be starting with a micro accounts next week.

Sometimes looking at someone else real life helps

Sometimes looking at someone else real life helps. This is mine:
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ellatorus-review-eric-alyea-10.html#post53994
Doing another experiment today. I love the crosshairs;):cute:. So what I did was hit a few bids for “Buy” and want to set a TP (take profit line). I also like flipping through the different time charts. Here is the game, draw a line for TP on each time chart. This is what I got for what I am doing:
EURUSD
H1 1.32198
M30 1.32670
M15 1.32625
M5 1.32353
M1 1.31627
6.61473 divided by 5
1.32294 I set that as TP (take profit)
We will see what happens?

The rule is: “Draw a line, then go conservative to WIN”. This one, I’m just doing the numbers. Yes, Josh & Corbin taught me this.

The chart didn’t quote with this you have to go to the original thread to see it.(listed above)

Last edited:
Yeah.. Mostly positive results but who knows what happen when I would be using a real account.. Will be starting with a micro accounts next week.

Choose your broker very carefully. Read the reviews of the different brokers here on FPA.
Good luck!

Back