How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

Such questions are all about individual traits of a trader.
It all depends on the expertise of a trader and their risk profile. I, for one, think that it is quite realistic to hope for 2-5% every month. Surely, it is possible only on condition that you follow the principles of risk and money management and if you look forward to getting consistent profits, rather than occasional unpredictable ones. So, if a had $20000 on my trading account, I would ge happy to get about $400-$600 every month. Of course, it is not enough to live on, but I think that it is quite alright to make such profits consistently and predictably.

Anything over 5% is top work with a 10% goal been the high end expectation .
I see younger traders getting big RR on day trades scalps but I just don't have the risk tolerance for scalping

Well what would you make with a $2000 account? It is the same but scaled up. It depends on the trader, the types of trades they take and crucially their ability to take them.

I was interested to see what others thought here. I think personally I'd be more concerned about keeping up with the original 20k and try to make as much as I can. Of course, different traders would still get different results based on strategy and other factors.

Should understand if making profit consistently in every trade is impossible, trader maybe has plan target daily or weekly, but besides profit target also need to become a consideration is risk target.

Back