How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

It depends on great variety of factors.
Theoretically, I expect to make $1000000 in 60 years out of those $20000. It depends on time period, it also depends on my personal financial situation and so on. That is a too theoretical question to answer.

Depends on the risk your using and the RR on your trades but it's an excellent starting point or bankroll to make a living from

Well, it's kinda silly to expect but not to forecast and analyse. Everything in trading has to be analysed thoroughly. If you have such a deposit, then perhaps you should calculate every position and understand risk reward ratio. It might be difficult for novices, but if you are a newcomer, then I wouldn't advise you to deposit such sum of money. You should practice a lot firstly, it will be enough just to deposit 200$ and trade this sum. However, if you really want to receive a calculation, then you can earn plenty of money.

Everything sounds great in theory, 5% per month, 60% per year - quit my job now just thinking about it :) Consistency, good money management, not over trading, and as a lot of people mentioned = not losing your 20k would be a great place to start.

Everything sounds great in theory, 5% per month, 60% per year - quit my job now just thinking about it :) Consistency, good money management, not over trading, and as a lot of people mentioned = not losing your 20k would be a great place to start.
Yes indeed, theory to calculate use exact math calculator, but in fact, forex trading giving dynamic result, because the market itself is dynamic, a trader has profit target, but the market will determine, and here trader can't control the market but they have right to control the risk.

I think if you have +5% each month after your deposit, that's good. If you get more, wow, that's great.
Everything depends on your strategy and skills in forex.

The percentage might be more in my opinion provided you are a pro trader however the capital is also at risk if you are trading forex or any other commodities so make sure proper risk management and stop loss before risking your investments.

Back