How much profits do you expect to get back from a USD20,000 trading account?

20k is big for you and I agree that try not to lose that 20k. :)
I am new to Forex but I think making that money doubled in 3 mos time is great already.

Of course I will not want to and will try not to loss my USD20k account (which is only just over USD16k for now:p).
Doubling the money in three months would be fantastic, but I am not aiming to do that because, in the past, when I start targeting profits, I land up wiping out the account.
Now, as I have posted above, I simply read & digest various technical & fundamental analysis around the bloc, in preparation for the following week of trading.

Not all analyst are correct in their analysis (if they are, they would be trading and making themselves filthy rich in the process), and they only give an assessment on probable direction of market for a particular currencies pair based on their charts and whatever they using as reference to make their prediction.
If I don't agree to the analysis, I simple ignore them and make my trades based on most probable market movement for the day.
A good example would be the short on JPY/USD recommendation given by a couple analyst during Asian market. I did not agree to that and went long and have since closed out the positions for just over 2% profits of my total account balance.
Trade with what you are comfortable with, but do your homework well.

Last edited:
Of course I will not want to and will try not to loss my USD20k account (which is only just over USD16k for now:p).
Doubling the money in three months would be fantastic, but I am not aiming to do that because, in the past, when I start targeting profits, I land up wiping out the account.
Now, as I have posted above, I simply read & digest various technical & fundamental analysis around the bloc, in preparation for the following week of trading.

Not all analyst are correct in their analysis (if they are, they would be trading and making themselves filthy rich in the process), and they only give an assessment on probable direction of market for a particular currencies pair based on their charts and whatever they using as reference to make their prediction.
If I don't agree to the analysis, I simple ignore them and make my trades based on most probable market movement for the day.
A good example would be the short on JPY/USD recommendation given by a couple analyst during Asian market. I did not agree to that and went long and have since closed out the positions for just over 2% profits of my total account balance.
Trade with what you are comfortable with, but do your homework well.

already negative -4K, high time to think about the way you are trading. Am just scared.

already negative -4K, high time to think about the way you are trading. Am just scared.

Who is in negative -4k???
.............and
Why it's high time to think about the way I am trading?????????

As a matter of interest, today, up to now, my main account is up USD337.06....since account re-started 18/July/2013, the account is up USD5,188.74 from total deposit of USD6,752.00
....Total account balance now: USD11,681.80

What am I doing wrong????????

"Am just scared."
If you mean you are scared to loss in trading, then I would say you are not psychologically ready to trade the forex just yet because you do not have faith in placing/making your trades and your system.
That's why I emphasize to have a well funded trading account so that you do not have to worry about any initial losses because you know market does not move only in one direction.

Last edited:
I will have to say that yesterday, 12-Aug-2103, is the best trading profits (with just a little over USD1,500) since re-starting the live trading account with AxiTrader. Most of that profits were derived from trading long on the USD/JPY due to reasons on my Post#53 & 61 above.

Main account is now USD12,855.20 and secondary account (on exotic trades) is at USD5,278.04
Getting ever closer to a USD20k live trading account.

Since my contract works kept me rather busy in the morning, I have only pre-set shorts on EUR/USD during Asian session and wait for European session to trigger TPs.
Will probably not be able to trade much today.

Due to my busy work schedules today which prevented me from active trading, I don't really know how much profits I got today.
On main account with AxiTrader the total profits since Monday is now USD1,669.89 (temporary DD just under 4%) and USD183.94 (temporary DD just over 4%) on secondary account with ICMarkets (used mainly for trading exotics).

As mentioned above, main profits made on main account were from going long on USD/JPY.
I can close some profitable positions in secondary account to increase daily profits (by just a little over hundred USD), but I think I will let the positions to run down to TP to get very much better profits. After all, I am in no hurry to close these positions since I still receive good daily positive swaps for all open positions.

Last edited:
With balance $20.000, I can gain about 40% profit in a month....
I think with those huge balance will easy to get the profits. With $54 I can make it become $75 in a month in lite broker, i've tried it there. and now, i'm still trade there because they are great broker...
I always trade using scalping EA and use fundamental analysis,,it's great for me...

I think with those huge balance will easy to get the profits. With $54 I can make it become $75 in a month in lite broker, i've tried it there. and now, i'm still trade there because they are great broker...
I always trade using scalping EA and use fundamental analysis,,it's great for me...

I see big claims like this all the time. What I don't see is investor access to an account that has done this for 12 months or more in a row.

After winning thousands of virtual profits on a large DEMO account, ALL newbies think and believe they can and will achieve the same results with a real LIVE large account too....BUT reality sucks big time:p
The main problem with newbies blowing their live account is because once they got lucky and increase their account significantly, they begin to believe that they are natural born trader and totally invincible to "margin call & wipe/stop-out".

Though there are newbies who did indeed make big money on their first time out on a live account, its usually more to do with beginner's luck than real trading. Also, they are the ones who are conservative with spending & controlling their money....and they will cash out when they think they have enough profits and is afraid of losing them.
===================================================

"I see big claims like this all the time. What I don't see is investor access to an account that has done this for 12 months or more in a row."

This is exactly the reason that I started this post because, in order to achieve continuous profits over a period of 3 to 12 months, I have to trade carefully and selectively to prove that sensible manual trading works and can be very profitable.
My weekly trading results posted here are open to review/comment/suggestion which are highly appreciated as that would help improve my trading performances and steer me on course.......... also, hopefully, make me a few million or so in the process:p
=============================================

I really don't know what to trade today and so have taken some shorts on GBP/AUD as signaled/post by horlique in his post " I will be giving powerful price action signals for free so join me" for today.
Also I have taken a couple shorts on GBP/USD and shall close them when in ok profits.

Deposited via credit card additional USD2,483.20 (actual total: USD2,716.30 : CC USD2,560 + USD79.50 CC fee + USD76.80 more fee by interbank transfer) into secondary account with ICMarkets as additional cushion for long term positive swaps trading system.
These CC fees are really whacking me:(....but that's the price to pay for impatient instant transfer of funds.

Main account balance at AxiTrader: USD13,220.78 (temporary DD just over 4%)
Secondary account balance at ICMarkets: USD7,919.66 (temporary DD just a little over 12%)

Grand total trading capital: USD21,140.44

Ok, this is now a real live USD20k trading account and lets see how I will come out in the next 3 to 12 months with sensible and consistent trading.

And I do hope AxiTrader & ICMarkets are the honest & reliable brokers that I believe them to be.

Last edited:
Back