Limit Orders

Arafx

Sergeant
Do you use Limit Orders as part of a specific trading setup or as a general approach in your trading?

Defo I use them, they're a handy tool to buy or sell at a specific price or better. Just set your desired price and wait for the market to do its thing!

Defo I use them, they're a handy tool to buy or sell at a specific price or better. Just set your desired price and wait for the market to do its thing!
They can indeed be a valuable tool in trading, providing more control over entry and exit points.

During high volatility or fast price movements, Limit orders may not be executed as the market might miss the specified price level. Prices can change rapidly, especially during significant events, and the market price may surpass the specified level without executing the Limit Order.

During high volatility or fast price movements, Limit orders may not be executed as the market might miss the specified price level. Prices can change rapidly, especially during significant events, and the market price may surpass the specified level without executing the Limit Order.
I agree, fast price movements can result in Limit orders not being executed at the desired price level.

Therefore, while Limit orders can be an effective tool in many scenarios, it's important to consider the prevailing market conditions and the potential for sudden price swings. Depending on your trading goals and risk tolerance, you might consider combining Limit orders with other order types or adjusting your strategy to account for these market dynamics

Therefore, while Limit orders can be an effective tool in many scenarios, it's important to consider the prevailing market conditions and the potential for sudden price swings. Depending on your trading goals and risk tolerance, you might consider combining Limit orders with other order types or adjusting your strategy to account for these market dynamics
Your thoughts on Limit orders are right on the money. Market conditions are the real game-changer. Staying flexible with a strategy that rolls with the punches is the name of the game.

Do you use Limit Orders as part of a specific trading setup or as a general approach in your trading?
100%! When a trade is placed we use both stop loss and profit limit orders with both set inline with our risk reward ratios. Sit back and relax knowing that we are trading within the confines of our strategy.

Sometimes I use limit orders to trade during periods of correction for rejoin the trend.

Back