• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss LionFXTrader.com

General discussions of a financial company
i bought the ea yesterday .........vendor maild me expert withing few hours after made the payment
.......from tomorrow ea will run with tickmill.. ecn pro .....on my vps
i will update the performance here
thanks
Please don't forget to tell us how ea is doing on live account. Have a filled pips.

Hello again!

Here is my update:

After it made good profit, before the Easter weekend it made huge losses.
To name it: My account went from 100 to 133 in a few days and down to 75 before Eastern.

I was thinking that can happen due to the Eastern-weekend. I regognized thatwith other robots on Christmas-time.

The last two days the account came up to 95 and I was happy.
But today my account shows only 71.

The big losses are made with EUR/USD.
Summary: Small wins, big loss

I will tell you more when something changes.
So far: I can not recommend it anymore. Sorry

Yours Oks

hello
still my results are same with vendors account...
this is not a copy trade at all its plotting order independently on my account
no attached link ( NO DLL tick needed) .......................

You will receive profit or lose money, it depends on setting gmt offset. So, setting gmt offset of each broker is very important.

Hello again!

Here is my update:

After it made good profit, before the Easter weekend it made huge losses.
To name it: My account went from 100 to 133 in a few days and down to 75 before Eastern.

I was thinking that can happen due to the Eastern-weekend. I regognized thatwith other robots on Christmas-time.

The last two days the account came up to 95 and I was happy.
But today my account shows only 71.

The big losses are made with EUR/USD.
Summary: Small wins, big loss

I will tell you more when something changes.
So far: I can not recommend it anymore. Sorry

Yours Oks

The vendor did not have such huge loss near the Eater. Any idea why?

hello
still my results are same with vendors account...
this is not a copy trade at all its plotting order independently on my account
no attached link ( NO DLL tick needed) .......................

So you don't have the losses after Easter weekend?
Oks is trading other pairs, too. GMT offset seems out of whack. That may explain.

hello
this is last week trading history (SELL STOP ORDER I PLOTTED MANUALLY) others are by expert ............
my result too same with vendors account

screen shot attached me and vendors

my broker is TICKMILL
GMT settings +2

Attachments

• Screenshot - 4_3_2016 , 7_58_16 AM.png
    Screenshot - 4_3_2016 , 7_58_16 AM.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot - 4_3_2016 , 7_59_47 AM.png
    Screenshot - 4_3_2016 , 7_59_47 AM.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 2
hello
this is last week trading history (SELL STOP ORDER I PLOTTED MANUALLY) others are by expert ............
my result too same with vendors account

screen shot attached me and vendors

my broker is TICKMILL
GMT settings +2

Did you have 2 trades on 4/4 as in vendor's account (myfxbook)?

hello

two account added (real and demo) same broker with difference GMT settings( testing purpose)
EXFOR FINANCIAL GMT 2 (lion fx expert gmt +2 settings)
EXFOR FINANCIAL GMT 3 (lion fx expert gmt +3 settings)
EXFOR FINANCIAL M+A ( this is not lion fx expert advisor)

regard
thennakoon

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/palithaknfx

Last edited:
Hello,

I purchased this EA as well. I'm also noticing that the GMT settings has a massive impact on your trades when compared to the authors signal at http://www.myfxbook.com/members/lionfxtrader/lion-fx-trader/1534832.

I've investigated the following:
  • Author is using Forex4You as their broker.
  • Forex4You server time is CET/GMT+1 (This is as per there online support).
  • I've asked the author what his broker advised him and it was the same, CET/GMT+1.
  • The signal started in Jan 2016, when GMT+1 was valid and i'm pretty sure that the author used GMT+1 as the offset.
  • Today, when i use my own personal demo account with Forex4You, the market watch time on the MT4 terminal aligns to GMT+2, which makes sense as DST is taken into account now. So it was GMT+1 and DST shifts time 1 hour ahead, making it GMT+2 in the MT4 terminal.
  • With this finding, i believe the author is still running with a GMT+1 offset and has not changed it to account for DST.
Unfortunately i don't have live accounts with Forex4You but I have accounts with Pepperstone. Pepperstone servers are GMT+3 as they notified all their customers of this change when DST came about.

So for this exercise, i've adjusted my EA settings on one account today with GMT+2 and the other remained GMT+3. The GMT+2 will simulate the GMT+1 on Forex4You servers. Once tonight's trades are executed, it will hopefully confirm if the author is still using GMT+1 as the GMToffset setting.

Will post feedback once i have it :)

Back