Localbitcoins - PayPal transaction scam!

thecapital

Recruit
hi

I fall for a classic (apparently) scam when tried to sell BTC on LocalBitcoins.com
via paypal.

I realised it is a scam when seen the sender is not verified on Paypal and using dodgy @bankofamerica.com email on it.

1. I disputed the trade before it was executed, returned the funds to the buyer via paypal and localbitcoins has frozen the escrow for 24h + 72h until they have a proof the buyer got the money.

2. At the meantime, they marked the user as banned as there were others who fall for the same scam perhaps and left scam alert on the platform.

Localbitcoins still didn't return my BTC from escrow.
They took no REAL action against scammer!

Of course, the scammers will walk the internet freely if this continues!

hi

I fall for a classic (apparently) scam when tried to sell BTC on LocalBitcoins.com
via paypal.

I realised it is a scam when seen the sender is not verified on Paypal and using dodgy @bankofamerica.com email on it.

1. I disputed the trade before it was executed, returned the funds to the buyer via paypal and localbitcoins has frozen the escrow for 24h + 72h until they have a proof the buyer got the money.

2. At the meantime, they marked the user as banned as there were others who fall for the same scam perhaps and left scam alert on the platform.

Localbitcoins still didn't return my BTC from escrow.
They took no REAL action against scammer!

Of course, the scammers will walk the internet freely if this continues!
What is the response from PayPal to your dispute?

1. Paypal completed the reversal and sent and email to support@localbitcoins.com
I reported this scam to paypal, they ignored it. The fact is, the scam didnt happen yet. Hopefully it won't, but the attempt is also a crime.
2. localbitcoins.com says, we don't accept emails from 3rd parties?! (isn't that nonsense?)
3. I asked Paypal to confirm the reversal with the receipt which they did
4. I sent the screenshot to localbitcoins, because that's the only format they accept.

It's been a week, still no resolution. localbitcoins.com is MUST AVOID site - poor customer service, and unreasonable (the only word I can think of) people.

1. Paypal completed the reversal and sent and email to support@localbitcoins.com
I reported this scam to paypal, they ignored it. The fact is, the scam didnt happen yet. Hopefully it won't, but the attempt is also a crime.
2. localbitcoins.com says, we don't accept emails from 3rd parties?! (isn't that nonsense?)
3. I asked Paypal to confirm the reversal with the receipt which they did
4. I sent the screenshot to localbitcoins, because that's the only format they accept.

It's been a week, still no resolution. localbitcoins.com is MUST AVOID site - poor customer service, and unreasonable (the only word I can think of) people.
Nothing from PayPal yet?

Back